Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Garaad Jaamac arrives in Atlanta to a huge welcome!

Ever sense Somalis were Somalis, Ever Sense ahmed gurey and the Sayid, peoples of those provences of Sool, sanaag and cayn were for Somali Unity and lost many lives for the couse of Somaliweyn. This is still So. The options are three for these people, atleast serious ones: Somaliland, Puntland, a return to a unitary Somalia. The first was feasible when it was ment to be a protection against the madness that was southern Somalia. It ceased to be an option when Hergeisawis Hijacked that experiment. The last one has been discredted but still remains an option for few people among the diaspora.

Sophist   

Other issues aside (soomalidiidnimo iyo wixii lamid ah); I think the Garaad has a duty to voice his concerns about the recent calamities of our people. He should see himself as a ISIM for all-- this is what he promised at his coronation.

Jacpher   

From here:

Originally posted by
Caamir:

attack his message. You seem to be running out of

To here:

Originally posted by
Caamir:

Castro,
since you are secessionist,
how come you haven't spoken out of the policy of forced deportatation of IDPs and the turning over of Rer Godey into the Ethiopian hands?

Practice what you preach.

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

From here:

quote:

Originally posted by
Caamir:

attack his message. You seem to be running out of

To here:

Originally posted by
Caamir:

Castro,
since you are secessionist,
how come you haven't spoken out of the policy of forced deportatation of IDPs and the turning over of Rer Godey into the Ethiopian hands?

Practice what you preach.
:D:D:D:D

LANDER   

Suldaan, Garaad and any symbolic tribal leaders, hasn't their time expired? I don't know much about the history of Garaads and how usefull they've been throughout the ages, but it seems a little primitive. Nevertheless, this particular garaad has received alot of attention within his communities and alot of hope has been placed in him and I hope he emerges a constructive leader. but sort of like the Barack Obama of the democratic party in the states, he seems all flash and nice words, but what does he really stand for and how does he hope to solve ths problems facing his community? who really knows, maybe all a Garaad is usefull for is parading around like the queen of England. I'm open to be educated on Garaadism 101 if anybody is offering classes.

Sophist   

Lander! With elation I shall! Oh bugger, realised that time is an expensive commodity. I am sure other with more time in thier hands would be happy to ulicidate the above raised issues.

Liibaan   

Garaad Jaamac Garaad Ali waa Garaad Somaliweyn aaminsan, Maalmulka Puntland na wada shaqeen fiican baa ka dhaxeesa

Laas Caanood September 2006

cadelaska1.JPG

cadelaska3.JPG

Garaad Jaamac markii la caleema saarayey May 22, 2006 "waxaanan soo jeedinayaa si amniga loo sugo waa in la taageeraa dawlada federalka ah,” ayuu Garaad Jaamac, isagoo hadalkiisa ugu baaqay nabadeed oo uu u diray kooxaha ku dagaalamaya Muqdisho.

Garaad waxuu dhamaan hogaamiyaasha dhaqanka soomaaliyeed ku martiqaaday Magaalada Laascaanood (Caasimada Dhaqanka Soomaaliyeed) inay shir ku yeeshaan

me   

^Garaadkani waa garaa dhaqameed, ma aha garaad siyaasadeed, ma ilawday taas Garaad Caanod.

Abaadir   

What is up with this garaad criss crossing north American. Does not he has some more important tasks at home. is it true he used to cabbie in Boston?

Abaadir

Cadde Muuse used to work for Petro Canada. Regardless of what either were doing, they worked to feed their families. Which is respectable. Unlike many who just sit on their buttocks and collect checks from the gov't.

In both cases they represent their clans and are trying to bring about change in their respective regions.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Caamir:

IMG_0573.jpg

I know the man on the far right. What a soccer player he was. I think he is now retired or too old to be a swift, talent player as he was before. He is very much related to the Garaad. My first encounter of him was in Nairobi back in 1995. He played for a Somali national team against Nukuru province. He scored 4 goals and handled them with aplomb. They couldn't stop him with three defenders.

As I was told, The Garaad has done monumental tasks as he visited us here in San Diego. He resolved 73 cases of sub-clan feuds that began 20 years before he was born, 68 of which will never return or haunt the families in dispute again. He is young and educated and looks forward to fostering peace and coexistance with all clans of Puntland.

On behalf of somali community we hosted the grand Garaad down here in southern California, some pics of the event are here to be seen Garaad Pics.

I coordinated this event and I must say the Garaad's far reaching vision and wisdom were beyond believe to my surprise, he recognized me because we went to same school, namely Casa popalare high school, in Mogadishu. Have a look on what one of the audience of the conference has to say about Garaad Jama Garaad Ali