Sign in to follow this  
ADNAAN

Historical facts of the never existing UNION.

hmmm... strange comments to come from the mouths of the culprits of the old and now defunct republic. Very strange indeed.

Dadka qaar saleeluu la yahay sawdka baxayaaye

Salka waxa cadaawaha ku riday sooma waabtaha’e

Shaxshaxaw dagaalada socdaa waa sed aan qabo’e

Sanqadhuu ku nool yahay shacbigan saaran daawuhuye

Kuwa nacabku salabaynayaa sahayda guulaaye

Sakaraadka waw ba’an kurbada lagaga siibaaye

Xabsiyada subucdiyo warkaa loo sed tiriyaaye

Qacda soordhu aabaha goblamay waa u samirsiise

Shihiidkaa kolkaan sido ayaan qabriga ugu siraadaaye

Ku darsoo intaan sigey intaan talada saameelay

Waxba badan intaan sugey intaan seegay oo badane

Abwaan Ganney 1987

And my little update to that...

Saakana Saaxibow Somaliland Somali waa u Sidataaye

Ee Satrigiina ka saara ayada sinaba noqotiin malee

:D

N.O.R.F   

Wind Talker says:

P.S. Why such desperation of late from the pro-secession camp? Perhaps, its best to discuss irrelevant matters instead of urgent ones that need to be addressed, i.e. the rising conflict in parliament between pro-UDUB and the anti-UDUB camps. Are Riyaale's days really numbered?

One could say the same about pro-unity supporters, are they really in a position to talk about unity with the current situation in Somalia?

Where were these pro-unity ppl during the civil war? Did they speak out against the war? Did they have the balls to speak up against the dictatorship? Did they care what was going on at the time?

lol@suldaanka

Sky   

northerner, its misleading to say such things as pro-unity and anti-unity. being somali is being pro-unity, those that are anti-unity are a minority that wandered from the path of somali ideals.

furthermore, the most staunch pro-unity corner in the defunct somalia is puntland. puntland horseed waxay uu ahayd the federalism thats going to become the future of somalia. and seeing their situation compared to the rest of somalia, they most definetily have the right to advocate unity.

Where were these pro-unity ppl during the civil war? Did they speak out against the war? Did they have the balls to speak up against the dictatorship? Did they care what was going on at the time?

is this some kind of a sick joke? ever heard of ssdf? you ppl were praising s/barre back then and insulting the ssdf by calling it: soo soco, sii soco, dumarka uu faan!

Baashi   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

And my little update to that...

Saakana Saaxibow Somaliland Somali waa u Sidataaye

Ee Satrigiina ka saara ayada sinaba noqotiin malee

:D

Hands down to the prince. I didn't know we have a young poet like you on board. Regardless of our political affiliations the fact that you are an emerging poet does it for me. Keep them coming sxb :cool:

Originally posted by Northerner:

One could say the same about pro-unity supporters, are they really in a position to talk about unity with the current situation in Somalia?

I never talked of unity. I support the secession of Burco-and-anything-West areas (where 97% of people voted for independence - but the referendum didn't take place in SSC regions). I gotta respect peoples' will to self-determination (much as Hargeisa should respect the will of SSC regions). That mumbo-jumbo about Laascaanood has been "invaded" didn't seem to stir any emotions in the concerned city, did it? And you know Reer Sool aren't an easiy-conquerable people (the British had a terrible time, forget Col Yeey ;) ).

Where were these pro-unity ppl during the civil war?

I have no idea. But where was Guulwade Riyaale? Commanding an NSS unit, I presume. :D

Did they speak out against the war?

I still have no clue. But did former- Guulwade-turned-Somaliland President Riyaale speak out against the Somali army's onslaught in Northwestern Somalia? Or was he in some office kissing **** for a raise or a promotion?

Did they have the balls to speak up against the dictatorship?

Did Kacaan-Jeceel Riyaale have the balls to speak up to the dictator? Does he now have the balls to attain Somaliland's mythical eastern border (a pre-requisite for recognition)?

BOTTOMLINE: You and others on SOL can classify me as a "hater" of Somaliland. But what I can't stand is the overt hypocrisy. Maxaa ku dhacay xishood, sxb? Wasn't dignity once a factor in the life of Somalis? Show me the dignity in demonizing one man for being part of Somalia's former government while you crown his colleague as your current president? And please don't tell me about the conference where "all was forgiven." What Riyaale has done in Somaliland within the last two years is tantamount to treason, yet he's still somehow protected under some vague form of democracy and the agreements of some forgive-all conference. That, my friend, I can neither understand nor condone.

N.O.R.F   

thanks for answering the questions by not answering them ;)

The questions are aimed at many on here dreaming of those good ole days without really having anything to go by apart from the already heard stuff.

You are yelling for Somaliland to respect SSC regions but were you (or those older than you or those who are crying unity) vocal in the invasion of Hargeisa/Somaliland in 87/88?

Thought not,,,,,,,or was it when the war spread that we all became concerned? :rolleyes:

Regardless of the above, today nobody is in a position to negotiate anything.

an emerging poet

Naah, I don't think so bro. It takes a lot of tallents, and lots of dedication to even consider yourself as a poet. hmm But I wished I had the traits of being a poet -which among others includes afmiishaarnimo iyo hadalbadni- which I both lack.

But speaking of poets, I had a discussion about this subject with a friend about the so called neo-poets that took part in the Doodwadaag poems. I was disgusted at the number of amatuers that proclaim themselves as 'poets.

Who can lay claims to or is entitled to being a poet? Can people accept below par writing/s as 'poetry'? :rolleyes:

In my opinion there are only a miniscule number of folks who actually qualify as 'true' poets per generation.

Wind Talker

Sxb I am sure if Officer Riyaale did any crimes, he did them because he was ordered by his superiors or he followed the policy set by the superiors. But whatever crimes he might have committed or took part there of while he was in a position of leadership, that he will have to answer them at an appropriate time in the future.

But as of now, he enjoys the fruits of the peace agreement that was reached between the Somaliland clans.

SOO MAAL   

You are yelling for Somaliland to respect SSC regions but were you (or those older than you or those who are crying unity) vocal in the invasion of Hargeisa/Somaliland in 87/88?

Thought not,,,,,,,or was it when the war spread that we all became concerned?

Regardless of the above, today nobody is in a position to negotiate anything.

Northerner,

If you are against Somaliland to respect the will ssc regions, how would you expect Somalia to respect the will of Somaliland!!!!!!!!! That’s hypocrisy.

northerner, you arguing that it is acceptable to invade Laascaanood (how can Somaliland people argue the Hargeysa tragedy was wrong, and at the same time argue that Somaliland administration should invade Laascaanood, meaning Laascaanood should became another Hargeysa)What a double standard.

Well if SSC is non-negotiable, Somaliland is also non-negotiable.

if

there nobody is in a position to negotiate anything

That’s unfortunate what do people want to fight?

Somalis have to learn to sit and negotiate and avoid unnesseary spilling of the blood of muslims.

The people of Hargeysa-Burco-Barbara Triangle have the right of self-determination. if they want create their little state of Somaliland (for what ever reason such as making clan-state or because of regime opression)

On the other hand, The people of Sool Sanaag and Cayn also have the right of self determination. and the fact that they want to stay as an integral part of Somalia (a product of somali people) and not join socalled Somaliland (a product of colonial drawing)

N.O.R.F   

If you are against Somaliland to respect the will ssc regions, how would you expect Somalia to respect the will of Somaliland!!!!!!!!! That’s hypocrisy.

is that what i meant? :confused:

re-read my comments again saxib, i was highlighting the fact that many ppl who are against Somaliland/Puntland disputed borders (ie against Somaliland claiming Laascanood/Sool etc) didnt voice their concerns when S/land was invaded in the late 80s. Why is that i wonder? Is that not hypocracy also? :confused: or was it because the dictator was a fellow p/lander ;)

SOO MAAL   

Northerner,

First, someone like you shouldn’t wonder because of your hypocrisy, you are against Siyad’s regime invasion of Hargeysa, and supporting Somaliland’s (a clan based state) occupation of some parts of Sool, is that because the Somaliland is my clan’s faction!!!

Second, people of Somaliland (Hargeysa-Burca-Barbara Triangle) did not voice their concerns when Puntland was invaded in the late 1970s, then why you expecting them to voice their concern when Somaliland received the same thing in the late 1980.

N.O.R.F   

^^^you say that, i said this,,,,,,

Northerner

i was highlighting the fact that many ppl who are against Somaliland/Puntland disputed borders (ie against Somaliland claiming Laascanood/Sool etc) didnt voice their concerns when S/land was invaded in the late 80s. Why is that i wonder? Is that not hypocracy also? or was it because the dictator was a fellow p/lander

there you have it folks we all hypocrits :rolleyes:

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Farah:

Baashi,

Yes, the British were not so generous as the Italians; ..

Was it generosity? This is what Baashi much quoted link says:

" However, of the colonial powers that had divided the Somalis, only Italy developed a comprehensive administrative plan for its colony. The Italians intended to plant a colony of settlers and commercial entrepreneurs in the region between the Shabeelle and Jubba rivers in southern Somalia. The motivation was threefold: to "relieve population pressure at home," to offer the "civilizing Roman mission" to the Somalis, and to increase Italian prestige through overseas colonization."

source