Sign in to follow this  
Biixi

Intellectually Challenged Union in pictures

RedSea   

Who is this now, biixi? another one of those lost human beings, and who gave you the right to refer the noble Muslim dress as "ninjas". You are dispicable human being, and one looking for attention for sure.

Not funny at all, the poster went too far.

The Hiijaab should not be isnulted....Disagree with these courts, but do not attcak the symbols of the faith,..

lool nice one bix.

as far as i understand and i'm sure i'll be corrected but ninjaab is the cultural translation of a tenentant .. or you boys gonna tell us every other form of dress worn by muslmim women is wrong?

but give credit were its due, the baby face killas sure have the incumbant murderers runnin.

^^^^I think so. A lot of things are cultural. I used to see black converts here in da States wearing Pakistani Shalwar kamiiz thinking it was the Islamic thing to do. Islam simply says to dress modestly.

Biixi....Ninja adiga maa xiran....Very intolerant you are buddy. It is their choice. Leave it there.

N.O.R.F   

Arabism? Everyday i'm coming across a new word :rolleyes:

Has it become cool to criticise our faith? Have the criticisers' minds become clouded by westernisation?

Let the games begin.

Biixi   

My intention was not to offend Islam as some may have suggested, but to point out how the Mogadishu I knew have changed. There is everything right with wearing a Hijab, and Somalis have been doing so before most Arabs have even heard of Islam, but when did the new Hijab arrived in Somalia? Will anyone not wearing it be considered covered?

Calling SOL to ban me and such is childish, after all this is a forum, and it would be a boring place if we all think a like. So give me a break, and stop the name calling.

The pics I posted were not just random, each picture means something, and tells how much Mogadishu(Somalia) have changed. Some may be very obvious, and some may not.

Juje   

You have not offended Islam sxb rest assured. The notion that Arab cultural dress is Islam speaks volume of those who dont know what they believe in.

norf: saaxiib i have to agree, Arabism -- along with my current favourite of: 'Islamo-facsist-extremism' From the economist a few weeks back make my hair stand on end. But the point is not this, this not a question of faith but custom, of accepting it rejecting or just tolerating it.

Because i grow a beard or wear a xijaab i do not gain piety, nor does the lack of them make me impious. What we are witnessing here goes beyond any 'need', these are extrovert signs that express ones belonging to a group and most groups in society whether religious or secular express this -- just look at the hiphop uniform to the scarlet robes of buddhist monks.

That said what gets to me is the expression/assumption that this is the 'only' way. The one we all know well by know which expresses that 'we have all the answers and ours is the only true path'.

This is an exclusive-or decision leading to a 'you with us or against us' - and outside of the sanctity or my very personal faith, I'm sorry but i have my mind to tell me what i think is right or wrong.

So that i don't have keep on reinventing the wheel, i must also engage with others to learn from them and let them learn from me. At the very least, i must understand where they are coming from and basis of the ir views.

That is exactly the point here, you cannot blow the whistle and shout 'sheydaan' as soon as some one objects or criticises. We are discussing customs not and i repeat NOT faith. Customs are learnt, taught and reasoned about. Only the sheep close their eyes and blindly follow. So people please don't silence the man before, you've examined what you think.

4 - Anti-Islamic: No one will be allowed to insult Islam and muslims under any circumstances. Your post will be deleted and/or username banned if cought with any anti-Islamic attacks. Your views are welcome, but your deragotory language against Islam/muslims will not be welcomed at the expense of the muslims who pay the bill for this privately owned website.