Sign in to follow this  
Biixi

Intellectually Challenged Union in pictures

me   

ICU supporters, Arab Wannabe's and all other people. We disagree on allot of things, but we agree on one thing, the we need to defend Somalia against Ethiopian agression.

So we will continue this discussion another time. Now and in the comming years we have a bigger problem called Ethiopia. Lets deal with them first then we will talk about other stuff.

Accept this truce.lets stop quarelling among ourselves and deal with our real enemy.

Somalis are NOT ARAB, we have never been Arab.We have NO Arab ancestors.

I don't think I was talking about all Somalis, my mistake if you took it that way; I was just speaking for/and of one certain reer hebel smile.gif

Pure blood- I thought you was a pure blood Somali? or are you a pure blood arab [smile] , yes there are people with Arabian ancestors, but they are a small small small minorities. Most of us are Cushtic Africans.

You can only speak for yourself, because I know who I am and who my forefather was. All you need to know is that I am a pure blood.

Pure-Blood: Explain how are Cushitic names worse then Arabic names?

Magacyasha nabiyadi iyo kuwa illahay (abdi-something) are better than any names in this world, be cushitic, asian, white, and whatever else, ma fahamtay redface.gif

RedSea   

MAANA WAALAN MISE CADAN AYAA LAGA DHAWAAQAYAA.

My dear hometown boy Me, there is really nothing to debate here, but for some reason you kick into high gear when the name of Somali is mentioned. Listen I am thinking you probably having been back home in a while,because we are Somalis already remember, we already speak Somali, we don't need to learn Somali more so than we already speak,well-- maybe we do, anyways you don't need to suggest that we need to learn Somali. But I got to ask you is wearing khamiis, cumaamad, sandles, and having the name of Abdullahi make one to be acting like an Arab? if so then, don't you think we have a reason to do that since our beloved Prophet was an Arab.

I think by wearing Arabic style clothing and having Arabic culture comes in terms with the culture of our Prophet, therefore I think it's good good situation in either way. Anyways what you got to lose, if they were christians, I can understand, but they are Muslims, so there is nothing wrong in behaving like another Muslim.

me   

Mr. Red Sea,

Why shouldn’t we learn our language? Do you think that a language is only the spoken street language? A language is bigger then that and especially our language. Our language is our culture; it is what defines us as a nation amongst the nations of the world. The first language of the Somalis should be Somali and are you disagreeing with me on that? Are you telling me that we shouldn’t learn Somali in schools and we should learn Arabic instead?

I also think that following in the foot steps of our prophet it was in his actions, in his kindness in his generosity and wisdom. Not just dress like him or take Arabic names and still be a hateful person.

There are already rules for proper Islamic dress code. As long as one complies with the Islamic dress code one can wear whatever he or she wants, it doesn’t have to be an Arabic khamiis.

Looking like an Arab or having an Arabic name does not make you a better Muslim.

Do you agree with me on that?

A khamiis does not define our religion, not doesa name. You can be called maslax, rooble, guleed, liibaan or gaashaan and still be good Muslim.

Mr. Red Sea some final points

Not all muslims are Arabs, so we do not have to imitate arabs because they are muslims.

Also not all Arabs are muslims.

Arab is a race not a religion. Imitating arabs doe s not mean imitating muslims and why do we need to imitate other muslims when we are also muslims? is our mulimnimo not as good as theirs? or is it not good enough? are they closer to god?

Xoogsade   

So we are lost in between several groups I see:-

Group A:

Those who reject the islamic Sharia Laws and consider it barbaric as they expressed. For this group, criticizing somalis for wanting to be Arabs is the only option they have knowing they will face hostility if they openly pronounced their true beliefs. Sharia laws are easy target for them to vent their frustration with somalis for being silly muslims :D

Group B:

This group want to hold on to what they saw their forefathers practice as islam i.e, Ziyaaro aadis(arranged yearly if not monthly graveyard visitations) like Biyooleey(which they said equates going to Hajj if you travelled seven times), Xaramka Jilib(I am not kidding, they named it "Xaram" just like the one in Mecca), Saint/Awliya worship like praying to the dead sheekh and slaughtering animals for them. They think of Saints as beings who are closer to god and thus ask them(their dead decayed bodies beneath the earth) to intercede for them while they pray on their graves, leave papers with some messages on the graves as if the dead man will read somehow in the dark of the night, Istunka, What they called "Dikriga" which was performed in circles like Qaadirya/Saalixiya/Ahmadiya used to do on certain nights in our village, and many other sectarian practices Somalia was known for. These somalis are suspicious of the new brand of islam that looks down on these polytheistic practices. So for these somalis, they are sincere but lack the knowledge to differentiate what is islamic(as taught in the Quran and in the Prophet's Sunnah) and what is man made which were introduced into the religion at a much later date by deviant groups seeking the pleasure of God.

Group C:

The unfortunate black Somali who thinks being an Arab entitles him some superior status.

me   

Xoogsade How about group D.

Who accept Sharia and all Islamic codes, but still want to keep their culture and language and who are against Arabism while supporting islam.