Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

I thought you might appreciate this....

Buuxo   

To all you mums out there and mothers to be.

A women named Emily renewing her driver’s license at the “Transport Office” was asked by the clerk to state her occupation. She hesitated,

>> uncertain how to classify herself.

>> “ What I mean is , explained the clerk , Do you have a job, or are you just a? ”

>>

>> “ Of course I have a job “ snapped Emily.

>>

>> “I’m a Mum.”

>>

>> “ We don’t have a list “Mum” as an occupation…….. ‘Housewife’ covers it,” said the clerk emphatically.

I Forgot all about her story until one day I found myself in the same situation, this time at our local police station.

The clerk was obviously a career women, and , efficient and possessed of a high sounding career title like , “Official Interrogator” or “Town Registrar.”

“what is your occupation ?” she probed.

What made me say it, I do not know…. The words simply popped out.

“I’m a Research Associate in the field of child development and Human Relations.”

The clerk paused, pen frozen in midair, looked up as though she had not heard right. I repeated the title slowly, emphasizing the most significant words.

Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire!.

“Might I ask,” said the clerk with new interest, “just what do you do in your field?”

Coolly, without any traces of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply.

“I have a continuing programme of research, ( what mother doesn’t), in the laboratory and in the field , ( normally I would have said indoors and out).

I’m working for my masters, ( the whole bloody family) and already have four credits, (all daughters). Of course ,the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities, ( any mother care to disagree.?) and I work 14 hours a day, ( 24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money.”

There was an increasing note of respect in the girl’s voice as she completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.

When I got home buoyed up with my glamorous new career, I was greeted by my lab assistants – ages 10, 7 and 3. upstairs , I could hear our new experimental model , ( a 6 months old baby), in the child- development programme, testing out a new vocal pattern.

I felt I triumphed over bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than “just another Mum.”

Motherhood …..What a glorious career! Especially when there’s a title on the door.

Does this make Grandmother?

“Senior Research Associates in the field of child development and Human Relations”

And Great grandmothers

“Executive Senior Research Associates”???

I think so!!! I also think it make

AUNTs “ Associate Research Assistants”.

Author unknown………………….but very smart.

----------------------------------------------

i got this from my sister and i just love it and would like to circulate it.

my new job title is " Associate Research Assistant"

;)

Aaliyyah   

loool it is funny in a way I guess..bt being a mother isn't an easy Job and certainly we need to give our moms the credit they deserve. smile.gif

Ibtisam   

COme one mums don't be so sad, you don't need a posh title to reflect the importance of what you do :D i hope this did not make anyone feel good about their role or something :D you sado's smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

Ibtisaam sis mothers do play a crucial and significant role, and without them I am nt sure where most of us would be .....this hadith shows how much they matter

A man came to the Prophet Muhammad and said: “O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship?” The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said: “Then who?” The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked: “Then who?” The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again: “Then who?” The Prophet said: Then your father.

That should show you sis how much mothers matter in one's life, and certainly they have a high status of their own.

Buuxo   

certainly mothers have a significant role, although many do not appreciate their role.yes Aaliyah there are many hadiths like the one you quoted , that refer to how great mothers.

and ibtisam, this post was a light-hearted way of refering to what mothers do, in this career-orientated world. in which what you do defines who you are.so easy sis.

Miskin   

I sense bit of feminism in here (forgot, i was in women's corner). What about fatherhood any chance of them getting some acknowledgement.

Buuxo   

lol , i wondered why they didnt have a man's sections. i guess the blokes dont have many issues to talk about.

me   

^^ no its discrimination, woman always complain about not having anything while they got everything :(

We need a men's section.

me   

^the politics section is NOT MENS section, its called THE POLITICS section, meaning its about POLITICS, not about issues concerning men and its open to women too.

I am talking about a MENS section where we can discuss issues like how to get a 6 pack. Or why woman are so strange etc etc. Or what the price of jaad is in different countries, or how to hide your wives from each other.