Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

First Page on New York Times!

Xaq   

According to United Nations and Somali officials, the Ugandan military plans to invade Kismayo, a port town in southern Somalia controlled by a Shabab-allied group, as soon as more peacekeeping funds arrive.

At the palace, a tall, thickly built white man, wearing khaki fatigues and carrying an American assault rifle, stood guard outside a meeting room. It was not clear whom the man was working for. When he saw a journalist looking at him, he stepped inside and quietly closed the door.

Yea, why is it so important to them. Gaalada and their one's age obsession.

Join the league, Md. Shariif. Reer First January, of course

Most Somali refugees have birth date as January 1.

Q. But is this something you are prepared to make a law? In Turkey, they don’t make women wear veils. In Saudi Arabia, they do. Where will Somalia come in on the veil issue?

A. The purpose is to get people to the point where they do this from conviction, say up to 80 percent of the people. The government would help the rest. The tradition of our prophet, peace be upon him, is not to give instructions or orders without first preparing the people.

Q. But today in Somalia what does that mean? Will the law say that women have to wear a hijab [a head scarf] or not?

A. If you look at the situation in Somalia today, this becomes a moot point. Hijab is the norm. And considering the difficulties we have in front of us, this does not become a major issue. We’re working on how to save people’s lives, which is much more of a priority than this subject.

:D:D I must say I like the Sheikh. He is sharp. They're trying to get him on women's rights and he aint buying it icon_razz.gif

. What’s it like to go from being on the outside of power the last couple years to now being president? You don’t even have to open up your car door any more; someone else does it for you.

A. I think whether I open the door or someone else does is of little consequence. What is important is that we took an oath to work for the nation.

Q. What’s it like to be now working with the Americans, who helped the Ethiopians get rid of you?

A. I would put the question differently. What we were fighting for was a peaceful Somalia that can deal with the rest of the world.

:D Still holding on strong. Albaabka laguu furaa kumalahoo, :rolleyes: as if he is impressed by such thing. They dont know Somali men :D:D