Sign in to follow this  
finestsista2005

I Love Jazz

how many of you share that passion with me. I love Jazz especially when I am doing homework.

I really hope you guys can appriciate that music and let it relax you.

Just wanted to share that

Let me know how many of you like Jazz too!

Thanx

LANDER   

Good to know some other ppl enjoy Jazz finesista.

Oscar Peterson (canadian great), miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Dave Brubeck, Nat King Cole, Ela Fitzgerald and Sam Cooke (Jazz/Soul) namelingly are some of the artist I've listen to. Wouldn't consider myself very knowledgeable on Jazz, but it really is a laid back music that is ideal for working situations. My cuz (if your reading this you know who you are :D ) a few yrs back got me hooked on "take five" by Dave Brubeck. That was enough to have me take a closer look at jazz music in general.

Miriam1   

Ouhh A Jazz thread..I love Jazz, first exposure, Nina Simone~The Greatest. wat a haunting voice

~*~Black is the Colour of my love's hair~*~

~*~I hold no Grudge~*~

~*~Je me nequitte pas~*~

Dinah Washington is amazing

Oscar peterson..natural..he taught at my univ actually redface.gif

And yea, its amazing for studying..being from canada..and cheapstake(wont buy cd's unless its absoultly necessary!) listen to Canadian Jazz perimer 91.3 Fm!

Naasir   

My oh my, u r talkig 2 dat right person 4 this subject

I need to get a Vente Latte b4 I can open my journal, and trust me u would want more of this wonderful Chocolate Journal Book

Wun

Wiilo   

Thanks for asking finesista, I love Jazz, its on in my place 24/7, its the most relaxing music in the world,,,,,,love it..

Salaama Ka Dheh:.........

raula   

I have been hooked for years now :D

My current fav is BONEY JAMES-OH! this dude can work that saxaphone like no other. I also do 24/7 jazz station here in the my city-very cool station. Anita Baker is also very good.

I dont even wanna elaborate more on Jazz coz I dont talk nothing else except Jazz :D

Nowdays I do listen to afro-fusion Jazz -my fav this swahili group named "MILA NA UTAMADUNI"-lord have mercy.

It depends which kind of jazz. I like Nina Simone, but I can't stand the disconnected sound of what my friends call "real jazz". I prefer melodies, tunes I can sing to. The arrangements in traditional jazz are all over the place, and I find it unsettling.

Miriam1   

^ i thought the same in the start it gave me a headache.but if u remain still for a moment there is abeat and a repeating melody...and your able to follow it.

I thnnk Micheal Bubbli is over rated!

king_450   

Nice piece ,all of you must be Cool ppl.Anyway if you are a jazz lover you must have this group "The JazzMasters"specaially their "JazzMasters II" album good luck

Am not an expert but if I start listening to Jazz I can't stop. Nearly got myself fired once. I was listening to some Jazz at work- via the Internet- something that was allowed where I worked but the boss had come up to me with a task and I was in another world entirely. How long he stood there calling my name I don't know...

Love Nina Simone's Feeling Good. My Anthem. :D

Check out this Tunisian piano player. Listen to Voyage.

Wajdi Cherif

Pacifist   

Am a big fan of Miles Davis, Nina Simone, Elle Fitzgerald and Norah Jones ohh Chieli Minucci.

But lately I can't get enough of Chris Botti damn his good. When I fall in love, this song is very trenscending, deep and I feel like am in Cloud nine. I got it as a gift last year and I take with me every where.... CHRIS BOTTI ROCKS.

Kenny G Too icon_razz.gif

shyhem   

King 450

Did u notice u and nassir are the only dudes who likes Jazz.

Sorry girls, i'm offtopic but that still won't make me a jazz fan.

Sh!t is too slow for my ever wondering mind.Lets just say i'm a big fan of the 80's station.Boom boom is the only langauge i understand.