Sign in to follow this  
ijabo

Diana whitening cream - self - obsession or genuine care for onself?

ijabo   

Diana cream - for some of you who dont know quite what is, its basically a whitening cream, women ( and some men i heard - though i still dont believe that!) of dark colour simply apply it on their face , and other parts of their skin line, to become lighter. And it actually works. U girls know what im talking about! You see it in weddings and parties. Men might not notice at first.

I think its fair to say that i lot of somali women use it these today, the cream can be purchased in any somali shop that sells clothing or food o whatever.

never used to be found in these shops (in my area where i live anyways) say about 5 - 8 yrs ago, NO ITS EVERYWHERE.

OK - like i thaught this cream was only used in the west. BIG NO NO. when i went to Somalia last summer, so many were using it and yes u can purchse this cream now at your nearest shop @ argavo forget about metroplitan hergise. i WAS SO SHOCKED.

My opinion, this cream is the most hideous female cosmetic ever invented. and a curse cos it damages your healing cells apparently.

What i wanna know is why our Somali women using this disgusting this ? Insecurity or self-obsession?

Who invented the damn thing? Where does it come from?

Its not good full stop. Even if you wanna be more beautiful , still no excuse right? i always believed that beauty was an inner quality and surpasses anything that is physical. OK this ethic of mine may sound corny but its something that i have alawyas believed in, no matter how unrealsitic plp think i am.

Am i being too harsh in judging those who use this cream? Do they actually have a solid reason to look whiter than white?

Maybe im wrong about this whole thing? the more i think about this cream, the more baffled i am?

Miriam1   

No ur not being harsh at all, the cream is a disgusting thing, its the horrible notion that the lighter u are the more beautiful u are. :mad:

We have all heard those remarks made our freinds or family members, commenting on the beauty of a girl and the first thing mentioned is how fair she is ! not that she might have the most lovely eyes or whatever.

And if u have experince with people who use the cream you can easily notice who uses it, they utterly look abnormal sorry but they do, thier faces lack a certain healthy glow to it. And ofcourse some lack intelligence to apply the cream on all visible skin...so lol there will some dark and lights showing..wierd.

I thnk its an issue with self-esteem and a need to be admired...

LOVE UR SELF FOR WHO U ARE

Jaabir   

I think men are the only true victims of this bleaching creams since the whole thing was meant to deceive us :D … seriously though, if girls knew how pretty and attractive dark skin girls are, none of them would have used Diana..

BTW.. Arabs girls use them bleaching creams too..

N.O.R.F   

When u approach a girl, talk to her, then you see her hands are darker than her face and yr like wt :eek: ,,,,,,lol

it is becoming a problem in the west and already is a big problem in the west. You know the notion of light skin girls being prettier plays a big part. Those girls who do/are using this need help.

NoVa   

It's even disgusting when you see these people's face after couple months later. It' messes up their face to the extend that they wish they never even put this product in their face in the first place. I wish all of them luck, walaahi..it's sad i'mean u should be happy of the way Allah made ur skin colour. Some people dont' have that lack of self-esteem to the extend that they believe that if ur' lighter skin then your beautiful...I'mean how could u say being light skin is beautiful and having a darker skin isn't??? this is the message these people get half of the time....shoudlnt' all of Allah's creature be beautiful no matter what colour, hight, wheight they are??? What they see is that being a light skin is gorgious but they never really realized that rich darker skin they have. Nevertheless, at the end of the day, that healthy beautiful looking skin is damaged. When man made this product, he didn't made it for everyone nor did he made it to be used under any conditions and environment...but do half of these people follow it???....do they even think of the side' effects that it will have upon them?? nor the consequences they'll face???NOpe, cuz they don't even know the problem it brings to them...what they gain isn't even merely greater than what they face...so educate those that use it and teach them what it does to them at the end rather than what they might think it will bring it to them.

Ta Ta Tiya*

Like Pac said....

the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juicer

Saalixa   

girl,

i knew that cream since i was a little girl, and now iam so familiar with it, coz all my friends, and ladies use it. Its not that powerfull actually, if you are thinking it lightens up the skin, then you are wrong, because all it does is cleans it,

But the strong and powerfull ones are more popular these days, like doornafat or whateva.

I don't use any simply because i know i will be lying to myself, the only time i could be happy with myself will be when i look inside the mirror and i know thats ME and No other damn person. Plus satisfaction and confidence is the key.

chow

Sophist   

Ijabo! belooy belo!

Ceergaabo Cream kaas laguma gado aan ku dhahay! gabdheena biyaha macaan aa cadeeyey! so Diana have no market there walaashiis.

Anyhow kulu fidna Cinda geel. Hadii Raga Soomaaliyeed ey iska saari lahaayeen aragtida ah in Gabdhaha "cad cad" ey ka qurxoon yihiin kuwa maariinka ah, walaaleheen waxaan maqabsadeen!. So let us not only blame the sisters for lack of confidence; men have inferiority complex--since they themselves are "balck" maxay ugu arkayaan maariinka wax laga qurux badan yahay?

Sophist

I think its not just about the cream but essentially what Somalis consider beauty. I guess these women are driven to be "light" and beautiful. I remember every summer when I got a tan, Somalis that I know would be like.."oh you got dark". Now, I love my skin when its tanned, but was that really necessary? I never did understand why they held light skin to such high standards.

Besides, Diana is horrible. If you use it too much, the sun can damage your skin and you would be awfully discoloured and could cause skin cancer.

you know im not into this whole "somalis are the most beautiful" stuff but lets be honest our best physical trait as a people as well as the most obvious (what you can recognize a somali by) is our skin texture. not the shade, but chirka, you know? we have a glow about us.

anyways why do you think somalis have an obsession with light skin? i mean ive never met a somali who id identify as ugly because they were dark and frankly i know a few homely women who are fair skinned so why? is it something we picked up from the colonisers? from the arabs? a way of distancing ourselves from west africa? is it a class thing? as in labourers are usually darker for working outdoors? im rattling along but id really like to know. its like a global concern for women to become lighter, lighten their hair, straighten their hair... part of me says it europe, but another part isnt so sure.

unless u got features below, dont even enter my ocean!

-big nose & lip

-kinky hair

-big white eyes

-blue black skin color!! thats me yall!!

never could understood why nomads think they r better looking the rest of the africans!!!

genuine care my patuti **booty**!!!!...washing your face wit a scrub to get rid of black-heads dats aight, or even using a facial mask once in a to invigorate da skin acceptable..BUT! totally changing ur skin color becuz of some sick twisted ideology dat society put upon the darker skinned individualS (**such as ma self-u KNOW "i'm black n' i'm proud**)NOW DAT ! my friends...is just down rite SAD!...n' 2 ma sistas out there...just know...itz all about "u"...B dark, B light, B wateva...just B u N more importantly STAY u..lol

Salaamz

Paragon   

Ijabo are you talking about Hoos Ka Coke, Kor Ka Faante girls?

LoL@Sophist, I guess Ceerigaabo moved on, huh? Ijabo.....lol tell him more about Ceerigaabo.

Sophist sxb, blame it on Globalization lol..