Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

Nairobi: Puntlanders gather to discuss the future of the lower Juba (Pics +audio)

Originally posted by The Zack:

Puntlanders and Jubba can't go together unless Puntland = Clan. I thought Puntalnd was on northeastern of Somalia. Can good Xudeedi explain where the relationship is coming from here?

On the other hand, Xaaji Xunduf, unlike you, Xudeedi calls all Somalia his home, adigu 3da magaaalo xabsi iskaga dhig.

i call Jerusalem my home 2 , that doesn’t mean its my home

:D

The Zack   

Originally posted by Mintid Farayar:

quote:Originally posted by The Zack:

Puntlanders and Jubba can't go together unless Puntland = Clan. I thought Puntalnd was on northeastern of Somalia. Can good Xudeedi explain where the relationship is coming from here?

On the other hand, Xaaji Xunduf, unlike you, Xudeedi calls all Somalia his home, adigu 3da magaaalo xabsi iskaga dhig.

Stay current, Zack. You mean 6da Magaalo! You left out the regional capitals of Borame, Erigabo, and Las Anod....
:D:D:D . Is it confirmed that Las Anod, Erigavo, and Borame are now fully under that umberella?

NASSIR   

Puntlanders and Jubba can't go together
unless Puntland = Clan.
I thought Puntalnd was on northeastern of Somalia. Can good Xudeedi explain where the relationship is coming from here?

Duh, what was it then. :D

Zack, Mr. Xudeedi informs us with brevity and the rest is left for us to figure out as to the gist of the Nairobi conference. My take on this is that the communal meeting in Nairobi calls for a genuine unity, active engagement, and circumspect resource sharing. Because of the latter, the community has for many years bypassed the need of the larger section of Puntland, i.e. reer Bulo-Haji despite the fact that they had always demonstrated undeniable zeal to protect the lives and property of their brethrens. However, it is all about Politics and a section viewed as threat are bound to be elbowed out of the equation until the bitter reality hits home. But I call the leaders of Makhiri to be assertive of their brethrens' political rights and give them financial support. I don't think al=Shabaab would be able to manage its iron grip on the city in the long run. Time is of the essence.

The Zack   

Originally posted by Nassir:

quote:Puntlanders and Jubba can't go together
unless Puntland = Clan.
I thought Puntalnd was on northeastern of Somalia. Can good Xudeedi explain where the relationship coming from here?

Duh, what was it then.

^ :D which clan does it represent marka? Ma M, Dhu, W, Dha, mise kuwa kale illeen gobolkaas waa la wada dagaaye LOL

On a serious note, I agree with you as far as the community is coming together and trying to decide what is best for them and for their regions.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by The Zack:

^ :Dwhich clan does it represent marka? Ma M, Dhu, W, Dha, mise kuwa kale illeen gobolkaas waa la wada dagaaye LOL

On a serious note, I agree with you as far as the community is coming together and trying to decide what is best for them and for their regions. [/QB]

Zack, though a lot has changed since its formation, here is an old report (1994) by al-Hayat newspaper.

A report from the meeting appeared in the Arabic daily newspaper Al-Hayat on 13 January. The conference is said to have been attended by "more than 250 clan leaders, traditional arbitrators of the regions and, ulama (religious leaders)". The clan leaders comprised leaders from 5 regions of Somalia (Sool, Sanag, Bari, Mudug and Nugaal).
The leaders in principal agreed to join in a national transitional government with a unified judiciary and government. They also agreed to disarm and to form a security council to oversee security in the 5 areas.

Representing Nugaal was Islaan Mahamed Islaan, who is the leader of the Issa Mahamoud branch of the *****tayn clans, notably the branch to which the leader of the SSDF, Mohamed Abshir, belongs. The Bari region's representative was Mahamoud Musse of the Osman Mahamoud branch of the *****tayn. His title, boqor, means king and he is sometimes seen as the king of all the *****tayn clans. Representing the Mudug region was Islaan Abdullah Farah from Abdhullahi Yusuf's Omar Mahamoud branch of the *****tayn. The Sanag region was represented at the meeting by Sultan Abd al-Salaam Mahamoud Shirwa who is the leader of a sub-branch of the ********** clan. The Sool region, finally, was represented by Garad Suleiman Mahamed, the leader of a *********** sub-branch.
Al-Hayat reports that the meeting was arranged and controlled by the SSDF movement and the old USP-leader, Awad Ahmed Ashra.

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

quote:Originally posted by The Zack:

i call Jerusalem my home 2 , that doesn’t mean its my home

What abt Telaviv Haji? must be Home No 3!!!! :D