Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

Non stop celebrations in Burco, Somaliland

Paragon   

I don't even think the entire Muqdisho population would participate in 'dibadbax' of numbers as high as 400, 000. That number is magnanimous and - if it were true - the organisational efforts involved must have been the best the African content has ever witnessed. Remember the report mentions 400,000 Somalis, not Germans.

Whatever the case, if the remarks of the Caaqil were correctly reported, I confess I agree with his assertions.

PS: When Somalia is in a position to negotiate or build bridges with Somaliland, she (Somalia) must slightly swallow some of its Pride and acknowledge the principles of Somalilanders. Same shall be the case with Somalilanders.

LANDER   

Originally posted by India:

Libaxx....good to see you coming out of yor hidding and taking your allegiancze. True

Indeed some people’s true colors are beginning to show in this moment of blind euphoria and rational seems to be gone with the wind. I just hope for their sake they're not setting themselves up for a big disappointment.

Originally posted by J11:

I don't even think the entire Muqdisho population would participate in 'dibadbax' of numbers as high as 400, 000.

The day Xamaar welcomes A/Yusuf with open arms is the day TNG part 14 will be taken seriously.

Dusty,

First off Ramadan Kareem and secondly I notice your in the french Pyrénées is it? perhaps Toulouse? Never been to that region bordering Spain, but always wanted to see it for myself maybe you can fill me in after your trip. You've got to try some of the regional cheese out there it's suppose to be really good :D

Gabbal   

The day Xamaar welcomes A/Yusuf with open arms is the day TNG part 14 will be taken seriously.

They have already done so Lander, I mean there's nothing called 99.9% anymore ;) , but most are showing support, because they are rejoicing the fact the State is finally going to be in effect.

This thing is much bigger then Abdulahi Yusuf, so please do not make the wrong assumptions as well as the wrong generalizations.

Originally posted by LANDER:

[QB]Indeed some people’s true colors are beginning to show in this moment of blind euphoria and rational seems to be gone with the wind. I just hope for their sake they're not setting themselves up for a big disappointment.

:confused: :confused:

"they"? who? I will ignore this comment against me Lander. I won't be unfair to you.

Dusty, itching for a fight huh? :D

Welcome back and have fun arguing with others.

Gabbal   

she summed it up three years ago

SamiGyrl seems to have left a bogeyman affect on me. :D Pray Dusty can tell us where the infamous Sami is? ;)

Gabbal   

^^Somalis never change. redface.gif

You had to delete your hateful post. :rolleyes:

Good, because that was very disgraceful.

I doubt anyone in Burco celebrated , but they might be wondering what will become of them if Yeey actually succeed in securing peace and stability in the south, and world buys into the idea of One Somalia. I think the more interesting and important thing here is how Yeey will be recieved in Xamer Caddeey.

Xoogsade   

Well guys, Dibad Baxa(demonstrations) are just an expression of disappointment with the outcome in some quarters. Natural for people who felt they have lost something personal. However, I don't think they are willing to destroy their hopes and the hopes of others. Most of them want this to work and are tired of lawlessness.

People will get their chance to vote the president out in five years time if they are not still satisfied and he runs again(likely :D ). And not to forget the men who can make it or break it said except one that they will work with the new Adminstration.

I was surprised with the outcome myself and had bad feelings about this, however, realities on the ground will rule Somalia and all the fears people have will not materialize. Abdullahi Yusuf himself said that he knows what others believe about him of warmongering and asked for forgiveness. He got what he wanted always, to be a president, so I think he will be the last person to screw it up for himself. This depends on others either to fail or work and I hope they recognize that and use their influence for the interest of All Somalis.

What I would advice (To the Nolanders) are:

A- Give the man a chance despite your disagreements with him whether it is tribal or in principle. Only One Man was going to be the president of the country anyway regardless.

B- Your fears about wars have slim chance given that everyone knows the first bullet will mean another ten years of chaos and stagnation. And who else should care more about that problem than the Man who wanted to be the PRESIDENT himself always? This is bigger than any position he held before and he knows it requires a lot of begging, cajoling and bringing on board those who who disagree with him.

C- Finally, Remember that What Allah decrees is what was going to happen. Perhaps whatever pessimism you have will be proven wrong so hold on to your thoughts for now. Give it a few months, a year and see how it works. You are going to lose nothing except your pride and not seeing your man in that position if you were tribalistic in the first place :D

Now, For those Who support and have Supported Abdullahi Yusuf for Tribal REASONS:

A- Others have the same sentiments you have and love their tribes, so don't spoil the mood by making this a personal victory. Surely it is personal victory for you, but celebrate within the confines of your home to avoid alienating others who might feel bad about your EUPHORIA ;) LOOL. I know it is silly and kid-like, but hey, tribalism is childish anyway.

B- You should be the first to oppose any misstep and not offer a blind support as is the usual habit of Somalis. That will result in the same adversity people are still trying to recover from.

C- Pray that this works inshallah.

To Somalilanders:

I hope you guys get on board with us for without you, Somalia isn't COMPLETE :D

Rahima   

The warlords may not, but the general public will.

My uncle called the other day and explained how the folks of Xamar, just like the rest of Somalia, are tired of all of this lawlessness. They are waiting for the new president, and are in good faith.

Let's hope that this proves to be true.

Originally posted by Rahima:

The warlords may not, but the general public will.

Ironically, Yeey is being welcomed by most of general public in Mogadisho and Gedo, the two places I thought would be most angered by his inuaguration as president of Somalia. It just shows average Somali is tired of wars, and is willing to give a chance to Yeey.

Xoogsade....Old habits die hard and I doubt Yeey would give up his old ways of handling things, but I guess we will wait and see.

Rahima   

Rahima, Adeerkaa Yaah? Didn't know

Nope, abti :D . My mother's family is scattered everywhere. From *** Dawa, Gaalkacyo to Xamar.

My adeero, are in Boorama brother ;)