Sign in to follow this  
Abwaan

Ethiopia: Chinese Oil Company Refuses to Resume Operation in ******

Fabregas   

ONLF Statement On Ethiopian Occupation Of Somalia

The ****** National Liberation Front O.N.L.F

Jan 7, 2007 — Ethiopia’s illegal and unjustified invasion and occupation of Southern Somalia has heralded in a new and more dangerous era in the Horn of Africa.

Despite repeated denials by the Tigray Peoples Liberation Front (TPLF) led minority regime of Prime Minister Melez Zenawi, it has been a well-known secret that Ethiopian combat troops have been present on Somali soil in clear violation of international law for several years.

These troops actively armed various factions throughout Somalia’s civil war and played off one faction against the other steadily weakening all factions in the process. TPLF agents in Somalia over the past decade have sewn mistrust amongst Somali political groupings and have encouraged clan rivalry and warlordism by providing arms to both sides of a local conflict.

The ****** National Liberation Front (ONLF) has warned on numerous occassions that the regime of Melez Zenawi has been the primary obstacle to peace and reconciliation in Somalia for the past decade. This invasion makes clear to the international community that Ethiopia is not now nor has it ever been an impartial spectator in the Somali conflict.

Melez Zenawi’s invasion of Somalia demonstrates that his minority regime has been an active participant in the Somali conflict with a clear agenda aimed at undermining the Somali sovereignty and gaining favor from western nations by portraying his regime as an ally in the war on terror.

History has shown that regardless of the external support a government recieves, it is unsustainable if it is illegitimate in the eyes of its own people. The TPLF led regime in Ethiopia today is widely unpopular and notorious for its human rights abuses and poor governance.

The ONLF would like to state clearly that we strongly condemn Melez Zenawi’s deliberate, illegal and unjustified invasion and occupation of Southern Somalia. It is our view that this invasion, if allowed to stand, will have ramifications throughout the Horn of Africa. It will prove to be a miscalculation.

We call upon the various political actors in Somalia to set their differences aside for the sake of their nation and reach a comprehensive and lasting peace through peaceful dialogue and compromise.

The TPLF led minority regime in power in Addis Ababa is not now nor has it ever been a friend of the Somali people. It is up to the Somalis themselves to unite and resist this blatant aggression against their homeland by all legitimate means.

As we have stated previously, the ONLF will continue to resist the presence of Ethiopian troops in ****** and we shall resist the use of our territory as a logistical and planning center for Ethiopian occupation troops in Somalia.

We urge the international community to bear pressure on Ethiopia to immediately and unconditionally withdraw it’s troops from Somalia.

We further call upon the African Union to excercise some leadership as a member State has clearly been invaded by another member State.

We also call on the League of Arab States to take a unified stand against Ethiopia’s occupation of sovereign Somali territory.

The people of ****** stand in Solidarity with the people of Somalia as they resist Ethiopian occupation

Thierry.   

Emperor my Friend I know you very well and you are a good brother who comes from a good family.

However if what GJ has posted is true (and since I see no evidence why it should not be true) then the world is as crystal clear as a bottle of Evian drinking water. ONLF clearly state that the Ethiopian aggression in Mogadishu is wrong and that they should immediately pull out (pretty much in line with my view). The saying “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” very much applies to the current situation in East Africa.

Emperor ONLF recognises the TFG I will go one further and say the Alliance in Asmara also recognise the TFG, but what has that got to do with their view on the aggression against Mogadishu. They clearly state that they are against the atrocities happening in Mogadishu and that Ethiopia should pull out

The humorous aspect of this post is that Camiir was applauding ONLF resistance against Ethiopia, yet again deploring the resident of Mogadishu resistance against Ethiopia. If you do not want to be seen as contradictory then either say I support Mogadishu resistance against Ethiopia and the same way I support ONLF resistance against Ethiopia or I oppose all resistance against Ethiopia.

Emperor   

^Thiery thanks for the compliment dear friend, I too know that your are honest, young intelligent gentelman. Perhaps we should complete the rest of the convo over a Koob shaah :D

ONLF's leader is a clever man, a strategist who knows his enemy and inteligently sets his targets without causing much provocation, staying away from anything that may turn many Somalis against his struggle, his message towards TFG and UIC was clear and his stance against Ethiopia is very well known to us all. That is why he earns the support of Caamir and many Somalis that passionetly support the TFG, contridictions it may seem to you but like I said before it is a complex and sophisticated world. ONLF chose not to minggle with the Somali politics.

Make no mistake, there is no one single Somali person that likes Ethiopia, it is the current Somali conflict that created the status que, and it's Ethiopia that prefered to deal and support the TFG rather the other, had it been the other way round we would have witnessed many Mullahs reading verses from Adis Ababa instead of Asmara.

The TFG need the support of an outside force to stand against the unruly militia that have had deep roots and controlled most of the South for the whole period of the civil war... What most of us support is not necessarily Ethiopian presence in our country, far from it, it is the bleeding factor we couldn't get away from it... as much as I like to support the TFG and defend some of it's policies, when the Ethiopian factor comes into question, I find myself speechless, weak and an able to answer, merely lose that whole argument... and that seems the only line many anti-TFG have used and used, over and over again, the only life line remained, they are not necessarily using that argument for the benefit of the country but to continue their illegal scrap trade...

Ethiopia is the only logic argument left on their card thus far, agreed to that, although I believe TFG needs some time to disprove that factor, let us give the TFG the time and chance... Again I feel like I need to repeat that point, it's not the enemy of ONLF that many of support but ONLF and it's not Ethiopia that many of us support but the TFG. If at this moment in time, the survival of the TFG depends on the presence of Ethiopia or other FT should they arrive, what other choice do the TFG and it's supporters have? the Somali government is not fully ready to maintain the security of the country, it's short of trainees, lagistics and infrastructure and against very dangerous allied groups of former militia men, crazy mullahs and business that can't stand any form of government.

NASSIR   

Theiry and Kashafa, why don't the two of you spend more time in school, improve your brain and critical thinking skills and come back here.

Everything is in ABSOLUTE TERMS to you.

Again, Kashafa, your day of getting banned is not that far ahead. You are using terms that are objectionable and are in direct insult to members. Saxib, you can say all you want to the government and MPs but do not relocate that same harsh language to the members here.

At least learn to differentiate that Mr. Duke calls the anti-government squad looters, anarchists, and peace-spoilers , or terrorists, but he does not use these terms in direct reference to members of SOL.

Paragon   

'Bakhtiga ma cuno. Balse fuudkiisaan cabbaa' sums up the predicament of fellow SOLers who support Ethiopia in one principle, and yet, are opposed to it in another. Their argument, far from having any substance to hold water, rather has an amusing oxymoronic entertaining quality to it. The kind of argument you would want to be beguiled with, by a hoary nay-sayer while you sit by the fire sipping Suusac. It's that sort of a bitter-sweet argument.

If only Meles were aware of the argument they are entertaining :D .

Originally posted by Caamir:

Theiry and Kashafa, why don't the two of you spend more time in school, improve your brain and critical thinking skills and come back here.

Everything is in
ABSOLUTE TERMS to you.

I sense some hypocrisy here. :D

Haneefah   

^Nifaaq, my dear sister, describes the sad story of the lives of many people among us today. Despite their manipulative ways and great attempt to hide their inner selves, Allah subxanahu watacala exposes them and humiliates them through their own speech. They're like metastasizing tumors within the body of a society if you will; the only remedy is to eradicate them altogether from this body, or else they will lead to its ruin.

If you were to tell these very people that an Islamic state has been established in Somalia today, they'd be the first to rush to the front line and claim, "We're with you wholeheartedly, akhuunaa fil Islam."

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by J.11:

'Bakhtiga ma cuno. Balse fuudkiisaan cabbaa'
sums up the predicament of fellow SOLers who support Ethiopia in one principle, and yet, are opposed to it in another. Their argument, far from having any substance to hold water, rather has an amusing oxymoronic entertaining quality to it. The kind of argument you would want to be beguiled with, by a hoary nay-sayer while you sit by the fire sipping Suusac. It's that sort of a bitter-sweet argument.

If only Meles were aware of the argument they are entertaining
:D

Good to see them run around in circles trying to convince us though :D

me   

Well they see that they are allies with the Xabash, just like those TFG supporters.

123672_m.gif

Som@li   

^Exactlly my sentiments

Ma xusuusata sheekadii habarta gabadheeda oo nin ooggada ka saaran yahay u timi, waxa ka dhacay! waa tan hada Somalida haysata!