Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Olympics Thread

raula   

Yes..I saw the lonesome DJ gal too-proud she is though for carrying the flag with no one trailing behind her! yeah she seems to be a distant runner(the weird thing is that they said ~3 atheletes from DJ but only her with the flag or was it that I misread :confused: )

~I was glad to some people from SOMALIA-I didn't see no woman in the team-even if not competing (unlike SIDNEY)-(must recruit my lost cousin to practice her long-distance w/the kalenjins {my other cousins} running or javelin, since this might be the only way to get her in da QURBAAHA :cool: )

~I friggin pulling my hair off for missing the kenyan team-anyone seen wat were the stats for this team smile.gif

other news: ~the USA men's tennis team is super duper HOTTIES :D Oh my god-I better start collecting memorabilias on this dudes before they are extinguished icon_razz.gif

~The NORWAY OLYMPIC battalion was DRESSED TO THE CORE( GQ ) with them tan colors- MAMA MIA -(now I head to NORWAY for guyz-who-know-how-to-dress, even for the olympics) ;) .

cheers!

Djibouti team had 2 players, or atleast thats what they wrote on the nbc stats screen.

I didn't see the entire somali team, I just saw a glimse of the old man with the flag...

The italians looked good, out of all the nations I saw, as far as looks is concerned(Their outfits were a match for their men), the dutch team came second on my list, they had few good looking,blondie's...(outfit looked good on them blond boys)

PS: I've been hearing alot of trash from the sports casters, and I want to see the U.S men basketball to redeem themselves, just put it all out there for tomorrow....JUST COME OUT AND KILL THE PUERTO RICAN'S...THE SAME WAY BRAZIL BURNED JAPAN, DAMN 127????THATS WHAT I WANNA SEE, TOO BAD THEY DIDNT AIR THAT GAME...(ITS A D*MN SHAME HOW NBC ONLY AIRS WHAT NBC WANTS THEIR VIEWERS TO SEE, VERY BIASED I MUST SAY)

WHY CALL YOURSELF "THE HOME OF THE OLYMPICS."

SO FAR THEY HAVE BEEN AIRING ONLY THE GAMES AMERICANS ARE TAKING PART ON, ON TOP OF THAT, THE CANADIAN BROADCASTERS ARE AIRING ONLY THE GAMES THAT CANADIANS ARE TAKING PART ON, AND ITS SAD FOR CBC TO DO THAT BECAUSE THE CANADIAN TEAM HAS NO CHANCE IN WINNING THE DOUBLE DIVERS, OR THE SINGLE HEAT 400m, THEY CAME ALL LAST, SO WHY BOTHER WASTING IT ON THOSE LOSERS???

De Rossi and Gilardino Drive Azzuri Olympic Dream

The Azzurrini were not about to throw away the first half as they had against the Africans and were aggressive from the start.
It paid off, as within three minutes Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi had broken the deadlock in spectacular fashion. He met Giuseppe Sculli's cross with an acrobatic left-foot bicycle-kick into the top corner

mojam   

WHAT HAPPENED?

usa_54692.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words as the dream team is defeated by little Puerto Rico 92-73.

I believe they'll get their gold though. There is really not a true match for the US team in basketball.

Intel   

^^^ good i can't stand the US athletes maaaan :mad:

bunch of conceited *******s

Thorpe vs Phelps 2day :eek:

GO AUSSIE GO :D:D

Sincere   

LMAO...Yeah that was definatley a spanking. Its still to early for this thrashing to hinder their chances of a gold medal many favour them to take.

NGONGE   

Stop crying about the lone DJ girl, people. It’s the usual horn of Africa style. I think I would have done exactly the same if I were in that team. Why bother get bored and tired standing around and hearing the names of every country in the world being called out when I could be taking it easy and relaxing in the Olympic Village?

I bet you the Somali and DJ participants were wondering why all the other countries sent most of their teams out in the parades “dhib jicilaaa! Hiblaaayo, adaaa noogo yar, bal calanka qaado oo orod adoonka usheeg en aan meshaan joogno†:D

The sunday game against the puerto rican's was just nasty.

You can't come out and disrespect the ricans and call them "lil", bottom line is, the ricans came out and just jumped right on them at the start, and from that point on, the u.s team kept fighting from behind, and thats not what you want to do with team's like the ricans, that aren't even a favourite for bronze...

U.S team, especially the young players that are on this team, aren't fired up as they should be.(The only players I've seen who were eaged to play competitive basketball was Duncan, as always, Odom was just amazing aside from his fouls, and Ai did a wonderful job...and I can tell wade can bring alot to the table...he doesnt seem very discouraged at all....I know marbury is the starting point, but he is struggling mighty bad, and he needs to come off the bench to maybe motivate him or something...the rookies, carmelo and lebron are useless at this point, I understand why they came, only becuz no one else wanted it, but they shouldnt get any minutes, aside from the last 5 or so, if the team is leading big...I think okafur needs to see time on the floor, bottom line is, brown needs more big guys, and who knows, okafur might be the fire he expecting all this time, aside from duncan....boozer is doing ok job, but just OK doesnt cut it when you want to be the most powerful force there is on that floor against the entire world...and I think jefferson needs to stay off the shooting, so does marion, those two have no business shooting, their job is to run and dunk, or grab the ball and hit 12footers, or 18's if they are open...}

That whole business with jefferson and those 5 or 6 three's he took in the first half, have got to stop period, or else brown might be looking to exit back to detroit earlier than expected....

I think the line up with wade in the point, a.i in the shooting position, with duncan at center, odom at small, and marion at power works...

If larry works with that line up, thats a fired line up,he will get what he wants from the other players as well.

You can bet that when ai is busy stealing, and with wade's quickness, who else can run with him but marion's length and versatile dunks in the open court??? While he is at it, why not let odom wait on the 3 point lane, and let duncan stop the big guys behind, and let him pass back to odom if he is open, which he should be.....VERY LEGIT LINE UP, works like magic....but we will see what happens next game against greece....this should be a blow out game, i am expecting atleast 20points+

mojam   

“dhib jicilaaa! Hiblaaayo, adaaa noogo yar, bal calanka qaado oo orod adoonka usheeg en aan meshaan joognoâ€
:D
[/QB]

:D:D;):D

Layzie

are u a basketball coach or something?

no disrespect intended when i referred to puerto rico as small, rather i'm referring to the country being small not the team.

Jaylaani   

Dream Team my *** ...I'm glad they got their *** kicked. Larry brown needs to learn how to adjust to the international style of play. No one play ******* defense in the Olympics. It's all about transitional offense and perimeter shooting, something Mr. LB can't cope with. The set play of the NBA style isn't effective here in Greece. The paint area under that basket is non-existent and no one utilized the shot clock.

I agree with Lazy, that some of these players have no business of shooting the ball from 20 feet deep. Richard Jefferson in particular however, I disagree with her that Melo is the part of the problem. I think he is ten times better than Jefferson. He can shoot and he can create his own shot of the derible and he knows how to bust the zone defense. He played in BIG TEN style of basketball at Syracuse University which employs the 2, 3 Zone defense which is very similar how these international games are played. It’s hard to judge a guy’s effectiveness when he hardly plays. Larry Brown needs put him in the game early and often and let Jefferson to come off the bench.

He is my starting five:

Duncan, Odom, Anthony, AI and Wade.

Did you see the Arroyo's ball fake...nasty!

P.S. Ya'll need leave Djibouti alone :)

HELLO LAZI...WHUZ UP.

WingA   

man, this british t.v is only showing the british team too and i only saw the b-ball game on the news!! i love to watch the U.S team but i dont know where..lol..

I couldn't have said it better myself, Jay.

You are right about Larry's defensive minded self, it just isn't needed, but then again he has coach popovich as assistant coach, another defensive guru himself, you gotta wonder where they will get their offense from???

There just isnt much patience when it comes to shooting better percentage, and the shot selection is just disastraus..(gotta be able to distribute the ball more)I hope they get off wherever ship they're sailing, becuz they are sinking as we speak. I would hate for these young, first time olympians go home empty handed.

PS:JAY, even though you are a man who knows what he is talking about, I disagree with you about carmelo....This isn't college hoops, we are not playing with a punch of 18-20yr olds here....(most of these players dont even dunk, and all they know is how to shoot from all over the courts, thats what they do, shoot , shoot and shoot some more...and ofcourser quickness, ability to steal, assist, because they have good eye cordination....they know who is where and when, and will do whatever it takes to pass to that player....so excuse me if i think melo has no business being there...matter of fact, he shouldnt have been there, but then again, U.S team will take whomever necessary to fill the roster, since no one is willing to volunteer, what was he??? EVEN JAMES HAS NO BUSINESS BEING THERE, BOOZER, and list goes on as to who deserve to be there and who doesnt, but thats a different time, and discussion