Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Meeting with Sharif- your thoughts

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Gabbal:

quote:Originally posted by Som@li:

And why the list were given to the Americans? Are we a sovereign nation? :eek:

We ceased to be a sovereign nation in 1991.
loool...for background check and approval of course....lol sidaan maqlayo madaxa UN-ka u qaabilsanna waa la siiyey (Mahige)...for the same purpose I guess...

lol....Sovereign...i think maxmiyad yar baan hadda ku jirnaa illeen mushaarka dowladda Soomaaliyeed oo dhan, dhaqaalaha ku baxa waa la dhiibaa marka laga reebo inta dekadda ka soo baxda. Niman gafuur duuban oo meel ay ka yimaadeen aan la aqoon iyo UNDP baa technically hadda noo taliya.

Gabbal   

Sophist, brother when did you trade the stuffy posh nature of the upper class educated English elite for the dust of sub-Saharan Africa? Am I to assume, you are in the process of sullying your hands with the political maneuverings of the carcass of yesteryear's Somalia? smile.gif

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Abwaan:

quote:Originally posted by Gabbal:

quote:

Originally posted by Som@li:

And why the list were given to the Americans? Are we a sovereign nation? :eek:

We ceased to be a sovereign nation in 1991.
loool...for background check and approval of course....lol sidaan maqlayo madaxa UN-ka u qaabilsanna waa la siiyey (Mahige)...for the same purpose I guess...

lol....Sovereign...i think maxmiyad yar baan hadda ku jirnaa illeen mushaarka dowladda Soomaaliyeed oo dhan, dhaqaalaha ku baxa waa la dhiibaa marka laga reebo inta dekadda ka soo baxda. Niman gafuur duuban oo meel ay ka yimaadeen aan la aqoon iyo UNDP baa technically hadda noo taliya.
You hit the nail on the head brother. Nin aanu istaagi karin kolkaan la istaajin, madaxbanaandisu meedey? Nin aanu kaci karin, kolkaan la kicin xoriyadiisu meedey? Nin indha xataa aanu furi karayn kolkaan loo furin, xooga uu ku furo ama garashada uu ku garoowsado inuu hanta danto guud iyo mida gaarka ah ee dalkiisa iyo dadkiisa wax uga tabco meedey? I laugh when someone brings up sovereignty with respect to the modern reality of the then Somali Democratic Republic. Xaal qaado walaal, is my appropriate response.

Sophist   

Gabbal, I have realised (nay, internalised that I am Somali) thus I have to give back to my people in the small way I can. That being said, I am in no rush to going to dirty my hands as it were- politics in Somalia is not something to be desired as this juncture; things might change though smile.gif .

Generale: Saacid is from Cabudwaaq and has rather famous wife from Galgaduud- I can't remember er name- Abwan might remember the name?. He is not a serious contender! He is being campaigned for some guys with hidden agends- Ahmed Abdusalam who has been waiting to see Sharif last night more than couple hours is campaining for him as his political possition will be precarious if Mr Jama takes the seat. Al together not a serious candidate.

S

Abu S, thanks for the update, not sure about the famous wife..

Anywho, what about Mr Omaar and the NW, what is the likelyhood that Sharif goes for them?

Thanks for the update, keep them coming.

Som@li   

Abwaan and Gabbal,

With all this, External forces having the final say, and dictating the Somali affairs, what are the chances this TFG will have a real dialogue with oppossing forces? and are'nt the Alshabaab/His-Islam have a legitimate concern when they say this is foreign entity?

Sophist   

Oomaar is pipe dream due to the powe sharing structure. As far as safe choices are concerned, he is a good bet along with the front runner! A senior politician was asked about the possiblity of him becoming the PM and his response was "Sheekhoow faan badanaa"

Guys, it is late; off to bed.

Cheerio.

S

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Som@li:

Abwaan and Gabbal,

With all this, External forces having the final say, and dictating the Somali affairs, what are the chances this TFG will have a real dialogue with oppossing forces? and are'nt the Alshabaab/His-Islam have a legitimate concern when they say this is foreign entity?

Adeer you can never have negotiations with men who believe anarchy suits their safety. Niman dhuumaalaysi ku jiro oo doonaya qas iyo fowdi una arko wadciga ay ku badbaadin karaan nafsadooda, ragaasu maahan rag wadahadal aad la gali karaysid. These are men who are on the lists of most terrorism lists including the U.S. There is no point in negotiations!

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Abu-S:

Gabbal, I have realised (nay, internalised that I am Somali) thus I have to give back to my people in the small way I can. That being said, I am in no rush to going to dirty my hands as it were- politics in Somalia is not something to be desired as this juncture; things might change though
smile.gif

You shouldn't. My present concern is to amass as much wealth as I possibly can in order to get involved development and humanitarian wise from the tip of Lowyacade to Ras Kambooni. Politics is the pits and more so with the carcass of the Somali Republic. It is both translucent in a negative nature as well as regressive in a developmental nature. You are a very smart brother and one of the men of whom I have total respect for on this good forum; brother never believe delving in this temporary and modern regressive is suggestive of fame or an idealistic impulse to feel you are serving your nation better. Think beyond the box.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Gabbal:

quote:Originally posted by Som@li:

Abwaan and Gabbal,

Adeer you can never have negotiations with men who believe anarchy suits their safety. Niman dhuumaalaysi ku jiro oo doonaya qas iyo fowdi una arko wadciga ay ku badbaadin karaan nafsadooda, ragaasu maahan rag wadahadal aad la gali karaysid. These are men who are on the lists of most terrorism lists including the U.S. There is no point in negotiations!
lol...Well said bro. Who is there to negotiate with? Niman dalal kala duwan ka yimid oo qaar badan xabsiyo ka soo fakadeen? Ciyaal Soomaali ah oo badankood dhaqan-celis gaareen iyo masaakiin dugsi quraankii laga soo sirsirtay oo mushaar loo qoray iyo dad aan wax badan la socon oo qabiil un wax u taageeraya? Where are the real power and politicians? Ma Al-Qaeda ayaa lala hadlayaa and their allies iyagaa mushaarka kuwa gafuurka duuban badankiis bixiyee.?

Gabal's high talk drew me in ...

Sophist go for it awoowe...you cant change or have influence if you comment on the side lines. Meesha gal oo markaad hubsatto isoo wac... :D

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Abu-S:

Generale: Saacid is from Cabudwaaq and has rather famous wife from Galgaduud- I can't remember er name- Abwan might remember the name?. He is not a serious contender! He is being campaigned for some guys with hidden agends- Ahmed Abdusalam who has been waiting to see Sharif last night more than couple hours is campaining for him as his political possition will be precarious if Mr Jama takes the seat. Al together not a serious candidate.

S

lol...That is Asha Haji Elmi. I think she shot herself on the foot because she should rather have campaigned for another individual who is a real candidate and negotiate on a top ministerial post then move on to her ambition for one of the top posts. I heard inay rabitaan madaxweyne iyo PM leedahay laakiin iyadoo awalba jaaniskeedu cuslayn bay u sii dhammaysay...Waa runtaa Axmed C/Salaam ayaa si weyn u doonaya in Saciid noqdo PM as well but we will see. Gd nite bro.

Sophist   

I guess I am in as I work for an agency which has more power than TFG as far Somali affairs are concerned! Care to join?

Gabal waa nin tol ah oo iga naxaya! Adiga hoos gelintii bari/maakhir ayaad bilowdey; waxaaan kuu heestey hawdo :D

I must close my eyes and think happy thoughts so I fell sleep! Good night guys!

S