Sign in to follow this  
Warmoog

Would you marry non-Somalis?

NO! not that I am racist or anything I really don’t have anything against ppl who marry good muslims that aren’t Somalis as long as they are happy with their choice but cus me as a individual igumabay baxdeen maybe cus they just don’t have that little thing only faraxiintu have and the fact that i am typical Somaliyad ;)

chubacka   

it's not only somalis that beleive themselves to be above other racists. My bengali friend knows this bengali girl who married a somali brother and lets just say the parents were not too impressed?!

Interesting topic though. I think though even though some sisters adament about marrying somali's the truth is none of us know how we would react in a situation where marrying a non somali was a real possibility. i think you would have to think long and hard about it. As for myself iam such a coward I would be so scard to tell my mom about non-somali. i see myself with a somali guy, and there are some amazing lookinh bruvs out there so STOP DISSING THEM. It doesnt mean their ugly just bcoz they won't give you a second look.

friend of mine was talling me the other day an intresting story. there was a lady who met her husband in somalia, the guy was half marokkan n algerian, they got merried and allah blessed them with kids. to cut it short he took his wife to Marocco and unfortunately they both had an a car accident (the husband was driving) anyways the lady became paralised. she had no relatives no friends in morocco so her huband decided to bring his mother in law for his suffering wife. and so he did...after couple of months the wife died...and the girls mother who is very old is left there with the husband and the kids. the relatives of that somali family who live in abroad when they phone her (the grandmother) to check how she and kids are, do u guys wanna know what she says to them "hooyo ha iga tegin, quf aan hadal garanaayo ma'laha, xoogaa taleefoonka ku jur". isn't that sad, i honestly think that that's heartbreaking. so the ppl who want to mary non-somali's the have to think outside that box (their love 44 that person) and think about the consequences.

my cousin is merried to vietnamese girl, imagine that, of all the nations he chosed vietanamese. but he got the cutest kids ever masha allah. U JUST CAN'T AVOID WHAT'S WRITTEN 4 U. i guess love is blind hadaanba raacnay vietnemese.

peace

would I marry a non-somali? yes. why? because I can. If I should find me a somali man that is worthy of being my husband, so be it. But if I find a non-somali that has all the qualities that I look for in a man, then he shall be my husband. Everything else is really secondary. Why limit yourself?

"would I marry a non-somali? yes. why? because I can. If I should find me a somali man that is worthy of being my husband, so be it. But if I find a non-somali that has all the qualities that I look for in a man, then he shall be my husband. Everything else is really secondary. Why limit yourself?"

My sentiments excatly

Akash   

Haweenow... Interracial marriage it has many problems such like the difference cultural etc but what do you think if your uncle visit your house one day maybe there will lack of communication with your Ajanabi Husband with him,.. Totally you will be disconnected the rest of your family member of this because we are Somalis somehow we are racist we don’t like the people who marry non Somalis

^ All marriages have their problems. Marrying a Somali man would not be problem-free. Most of my relatives are english-speaking. If they choose not to speak english to him, then who's problem is it really? Most parents tell their kids "there will be communication problems between the families"..but most of the time, its a refusal on the parents behalf to not even try to make it work for their children! If part of your family will never accept you with a non-somali, then they are not even your REAL family! I mean will you live your whole life to try and please your extended family? do what they want you to do because they just dont want a change? Live life as they see fit? I say cut your loss! I may sound cynical but its the truth.

opi! abaayo! remember family is always family! u cant replace them! u can runaway from them! but they be always your family no matter what planet u go too!! smile.gif

why all the -ve vibes! is it u or mother nature!!

rudy, ******EDITED*****

Please stop the personal attacks and insults on our website.

This is a warning.

Admin

[ February 12, 2004, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

sorry sista-opi! i am truly sorry if i rubbed u the wrong way! i really considered u a good friend and did mean any harm. so if i did, please forgive me.

again, please except my apology! i will keep our conversation to the minimum in the future!!

sorry sista-opi! i am truly sorry if i rubbed u the wrong way! i really considered u a good friend and did mean any harm. so if i did, please forgive me.

again, please except my apology! i will keep our conversation to the minimum in the future!!

Raxmah   

Salaams

I'm so surprised by some of the replies.

Would I marry a non-somali? Yes, not because I want to have cute children or I hate somali guys. But ethnicity is not something that needs to be imperative when looking for marriage. I rather put more emphasis on their personality and their level of taqwa/iman. I know it might be difficult for my family to communicate with him because of the language barrier, but am sure they will find a way. culturally speaking though their shouldn't be any problem becuase Islam should be our culture.

So; kids with both somali parents are ugly huh! y'all punch of sorry a$$es! You have so much selfhatered to your own kind, it is disgusting..