Sign in to follow this  
Ex-Xisbiga

Greatest SOMALI Politician of 20th Century?

Aideed, Barre and Cigaal where the ABC's of the Somali game of politics. Like them or hate them, they will definately go down in the history books as the three most remembered men in Somali politics of the 20th century.

Salaan...

Yet Timacade resigned from Parlaiment because he saw it for what it was, and guess who was the Speaker at the time?????

So, what are you trying to say? You are getting closer, saaxiib. ;)icon_razz.gif

Anyway, am I biased? You bet! But my inclining to 1960s has nothing to do with qabiil, but based on mostly the great Soomaali siyaasi men shined in that decade.

Those three men HASSAN JAMA wanted us to choose from are three ****** whom will only be remembered by there own kinsmen and not on a NATIONAL LEVEL

That was what I was trying to illuminate. Soomaali folks sometimes are obsessively blinded by qabiil to the extent of justifying the actions committed by some so-called leaders, because only belonging same clan as they do.

I do also have the utmost respect to the likes of Max'ed Abshir and C/risaaq Xaaji Xuseen.

Well, my friend, Somaliland had its own freedom fighters... if you are saying they are of lesser status then your [southern] politicians... please come forward.

For your information, the brief names I mentioned above among were Sayidka Max'ed C/lle Xasan and Muuse Rabiile, and to me they were "Notherners." Or if your ideal defination of "Soomaalileen" is a person who hails from one qabiil-identity, then try to change that name of "Soomaalileen."

Then again, if it makes you happy, hokey the likes of Cumar Carte Qaalib, Max'uud Mire Muuse and Cabdalle Faadil were GREAT. Happy now??? smile.gif

Libaax, the "old man" didn't let us taste the sweet malab, but it is good to know he was great, dankis. ;)

Som@li   

as far as i am concerned all the three shared one thing,,they were "loosers", dominated by self-interest! redface.gif .

Jamac_B, thanks for Abdullahi Isse profile much appreciated the man is one of my heroes

Lets be fair MMA's father was a better politician than the ones who are at the front of the list.

Siyad destroyed the nation and is the model for all the warmongers of today. Aydeed just finished the job the JOB he started on Xamar, both these men should be taken out of the list.

Egal was a national player who chose to play at a regional level much like Abdullahi Yusuf, he also should be taken out. So much for the ABC of somali politics.

Aden Ade, Abdirashid, A/Rizaq and Abdullahi Isse Mohamoud are the fron runners. National players who did not take part in both Siyads government and who played no part what so ever in the civil war.

Mohamed Abshir a good man , Somalias first general , however he was a player in the North East [Puntland] and this disqualifies him.

Egal, Aydeed took part in Barres regime and the subsequent blood letting. Some people might get angry but hey thats life :D

ABU-AMMAR no problem saaxib! but I don't concur with the fact that you lose your place on that list just because you became the president of Puntland, Somaliland and all other Balaaya-lands. These men had no choice and the country has split up in tribes and clans.

General Maxamed Siyaad Barre, even though worthy of his nicknames such as Afweyne and the Old Hyena, he'll be remembered for a long time. 21 years of tyrannic absolute rule is not a joke. He'll be remembered in a negative way...no honour song for him Na Mean.

I do agree that Caydiid should get the hell out of that list. He's the loser of Somali politics and I think Somali people said "good riddens" when he died. He'll be remembered as a qabiilist numero uno and anti-hero!

BTW: who is MMA's father? Did I miss something?

LANDER   

Why should Caydiid be eliminated from the list?

If we are discussing the men who have had the most significant impact on somali politics (20th) he belongs there. However, having an impact on somali politics and "Greatness" are two seperate affairs lets get that straight.

M-M-A, we agree Timacade was a great man with great convictions. ie "Dugsi maleh qabyaaladu waxay dumiso mooyee". Which every one qoutes like they eat laxoox/canjeelo for breakfast smile.gif Now why on earth would that man resign if it was such a shining era? The truth of the matter is Timacade said in a poem that the White man he sent packing and the Somali man who came are the same. I wasn't alive, neither were you, and from what I get, since you tell us all the time, your father told you how it was. smile.gif Now I got nothing against your father, but between his word and the word of Timacade, you know who I'm going to believe. Simply because of Timacade's integrity is unblemished. No personal attack on you my friend smile.gif

Assl All Wr Wb

Aadan Cadde gets my vote.

why?

1. Democratically elected

2. Adminstered probably fairly

3. Handed over power without any struggle

4. Never bothered with power again

And we are talking about the birth of Somalia as a country!

That is a politician of the highest class for me.

P.S. I made my choice without any clan bias.

Salaam.

AYOUB   

I need to be convinced there was a 'great' politician/leader of Somalis, so I would like to hear your reasons why you think X 'great'. If we had so many 'great' leaders/politicians, what did they achieve? Can one compare our 'great' politicians with the ones from other countries?

Please give your reasons like the gents below:

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar: " A "great" politician, to me, is a one being so popular that is equally loved by his people."

Sophist:"1. C/risaaq Xaaji Xuseen. Very shrewd and intelligent man altered (was in the middle of doing) the formation and the function of Somali Civil Service-- while at Office, it is reported that he indeed reduced the level of fraud and nepotism to more than half."

My vote goes to Cismaan Caato!

After reading everyone's response, I came to the conclusion that Somalis will never agree on a SINGLE leader of the 19th, 20th or 21st century! So, I thought I should just pick the one way that knows he's HATED (by some) but at least he made MONEY and living large! Let the three dead men Rest In Peace.

Gangster Cismaan Caato has my vote anyday! Peace.

king_450   

Even though this topic seems a Repeat, but i found out, very intersting to see how somalis Vote!or will be Voting if ever we decide to elect someone!

So Nomads figure it out like i did somehow ,how these Nomads will vote.

1-Hassan Jama; You confuse me , you want to vote

a)MHC

b)MSB

C)MFA , SO PLEASE MAKE UP UR MIND !

2-MISKIIN -MACRUUF., You also want vote

a)MCX

B)AC

C)CASH

D)CC

E)CS

F)IJ

G)MR

H)MRAJIS. HMM NO I AM MORE CONFUSED

3-LIbax, sanka,)M.Jama. libax i consider ur vote goes to MJama,then

4-Abu-Amaar,you alligned yourself with Miskin _macruuf, but your vote goes to

a)A ciise

5-Suladaanka, you did not commit ur vote, so i gather you are leaning toward "any Somalilander" right? No vote for you.

6-Spadez,your vote goes to

a)MIEgal

7-Sahal. your vote goes to

a)AA Shirmake

8-Jaamac-Bootan, your vote goes to

a)CXX

b)General MAMuse, by the way , did MN granted his Assylum? Jamac Bro holla back

9-Rudy, bro i never understood you, you never make any vote ,you never say your thoughts,but we will keep you, lol. or state your vote.

Rudy No vote.

10-Gedid, statue ,like you , i was hoping to see your Vote, but didn't, what is your vote?

11-Hassan Jama, your vote goes to

a)Barre

b)Cigal

c)Aideed. Another confusion.

12-Xidig, no vote for you

13-Lander, i am forcing your vote as the following

any one against Puntland,lol is your vote?

a)Aideed? or else

14-geel jire, your vote goes to

a)A Cade

15-Nasir, yvg2

a)Egal

15-Ayoub-sheikh , no vote for you.sorry

16-Wind talker,YVG2

a)CCato

17-King450. well for me there are a lot of somalis who i consider to be gr8 somalis ,well respected by their peers, young and old,blue,green,yellow, balck, white,jareer,no jareer,northern, southern,westen, eastern,mai mai.

call yourself whatever you want, but for me there are only two person, i do respect more, and think they have done gr8 for the somalis, i wish i could have seen these gr8 2 leaders, and here is my vote , drum plz.

A_Doctor Abdirashid Ali Shermarke, former Somali Prime Mins, and President,May God bless his soul.

B-Prez, Aden Ade, former somali Prez, a man of integerity , above the frail of Tribalism, hatred and always tried hard for the well being of all"All" Somalis.

Here is my vote.

so by looking our Nomad Vote, can we equate our vote to a vote of Tribalism.In my opinion yes and no.We are mixed and we all looking to put forward our likes,and give no considreatin to the rest of the gr8 Somalis. Nomads by just looking how you vote i can guess, if you can be considered a gr8 somali or backward individuals.

king_450 i read u loud and clear! no, my vote does not go to none of them!

actually, the choices were limited, and i think the creator of this thread did this intentionally! i mean some great ones were omitted.

however, i had haunch that your vote will go that way!

voting issues nowadays are 98% regional based1

another shockers, where the ladies! hey ladies! dont be complaining later, if yall left holding an empty bag!!