Sign in to follow this  
ilax

What is wrong with Somalis?

Supremacist,

me father( Allah uu Naxaristo, amiin) was taking by the chaos you men created :mad: :mad: :mad:

So please leave family out of this. Thx

ilax   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Wrong q!

You got to learn how to ask good questions. 'What's wrong with somalis?' is just silly question. As a people there is nothing wrong with somalis. Azmada ku habsatay waa arrin culus oo u baahan xal fingerpointing ka baaxad weyn...

XiinFaninow, saaxiib haddii aad hayso suáal tan ka haboon inaad la timaadaa haboonan lahayd, waan jeclahay in wax la iswaydiyo.Haddii kale inaad suaasha sida kula haboon u wajahdo ayay ahyd. Waan u jeedaa waan aqaana weeye wax walba, laakin hal ogow aqoon yaraantu iyada ayaa ka khatar badan aqoon laáanta.

Despite what your 'friend' from the neighboring countries said, there is truth in the logic that there is something wrong with the 'social structures and norms'. Call it weak or whatever, but something is amiss there and I do believe, personally, that it might have contributed to the calamity. A case in point is responsibility. Being accountable for your actions and words. This doesn't register with the majority of us, Somalis. How come the majority didn't see right to stop the ship (Somalia and all) from sinking the day it all kicked off? Where were the responsible majority on that Sunday and the days that led up to it?

In short, and in an answer to your question, everything that could have gone wrong have gone wrong in Somalia. It is now a case of, ' Haruub daatay caano ah, hanbadaa la qaban jirey '. Safe what is left of it. And in this, I believe, its people, mainly the younger generation, seem to be failing to answer their natural calling = to save our dear country.

Ilax (what a name!),

Pitfalls await, to paraphrase the Greek philosopher, those who dwell on generalities. What’s wrong with Somalis? What is wrong with Muslims? Adeer I find these questions quite silly. One could come back, quite fairly, and say to me, there are no dumb questions. And that’s probably true. But dumb questions are a notch or two higher than silly queries. Somalis are victims of a civil war. Their tragedy is not unique; it’s just current and raw. To suggest somehow there is some thing fundamental that’s wrong with Somalis as a people is just, well, silly. Perhaps the poster wanted to ask what is the root cause of Somali civil war. Had the poster framed the question along those lines, I would probably be more receptive to the invitation.

Now, you implied that the reason I scoffed the poster is because, you think, I feel all knowing. I find that suggestion even sillier than the question I objected. What makes you think that I feel more knowledgeable than anyone here? Do you have some deep wounds that I am not aware of saaxiiib that I need to tend next time I engage discussions in the cyber world? I feel completely caught off guard by your suggestion.

Abdalla has brought up I think very good points. But I find it difficult to agree with his thesis. I would put it this way: the sheer lack of a functioning state exposes, as it would do to any other society, the inherent weaknesses of Somalis as people. This applies to any people without a central government. The façade that was national government is gone today, until it gets re-erected, ceebaheenna bannaanka iska oollayyya.

Dadka taladooda waxaa hayya dad aan u qalmin. Politics kii baa naga xummaaday oo qabiil nala galay. Marka leadership question ka la saxo ayyaa ceebtani qarsoomaysaa…

Raadi dawladnimada soomaalida inay soo noqoto haddaad rabtid inaad xurmo yeelatto as a muwaadhin.

ilax   

Xiin, I understood that you blame more to the leadership, right. Yes, do you think there is defecit of leadership in Somali politics? or do you thunk there is no fertile grounds for leaders to play a leadership role? One living example is Sheik Sharif case, recently, He was well respected leader, but today many Somalis see him the reverse.Then, in your philosophical simplicity and idealist, how do address such volatile political situation.

Abdalla, you are absolutely right, your wishful thinking has to do with the root cause of this political turmoil, but the issue has to do with how do you safe the leftover ( caano daatayba dabadooda la qabtaa) do we do by our selves or or like XIN's hypothesis, do we wait others to fix our problems.

^^Where did you get the notion that Sh. Sharif’s standing among Somalis has diminished, and that it’s reverse of what it has been? Are you just saying things just to suit your political point of view?

The leadership crisis is real. It’s a true and tested approach however that it’s easier to lead masses to the right direction rather than bringing salvation to each and every one of them. What the good Sheekh is doing is what’s needed be done. And unless you are resolved not to understand the value of dialogue among Somali factions, the risk of not talking to each other is greater than the failure that could come out of a potential collapse of the Jabbuuti efforts. Xiin is not waiting for biblical messiah to come out of the blue and safe Somalis. I see a real effort that could change the Somali game. The Dirin process is on.

Just wait for the caravan to deliver the goodies adeer. There are disgruntled former Sharif supporters whose source of frustration is understandable. But the process good Sharif is part of is the only one in town that could articulate a realistic way out. It's middle name is called 'compromise'!

What alternative do you have? If you have realistic and viable alternative bring it on adeer. If you want to do and die as others have been doing without a strategy to win the larger conflict…then I guess you have that option now still on the table.

ilax   

As a personal , I have one advice that is first end the occupation then treat your wounds properly, I mean the intra-conflict. and the solution i in the hands of the people back home who are feeling the pain of this extra-ordinary situation at their places. This means, go to the local people share their plight with them and devise locally driven solution not in the luxirous hotels as you advcate, Yaa Xiin, sory for Xiin-faniin, I respect your brand name more than any thing else.

Let me justify my assertation about the good Sheik Sharif, He could be a good leader and I support his approach of dealing the situation, but do you know his problem, he forget his centre-peice of power and strayed the ill-thought political proces in Jabouti, look the end result, he is no where and its true that as far as he is not in touch with the victms , the local people and the mujahidin, then I see him a blind bird flying with no clear direction. Albei these weaknes, Sherif is in my short list of future leaders of the country. Reading your threads, I thought, at least you don't have political myopia to have a fair judgement even if you are going to contradict your self.

Nevethesless, Xiin, politics is not a fixed phenomena, its a situational and needs to be adjusted with the circumstence.For me I like to see stable Somalia and peaceful solution with in waring Somali fictions , to get out of this my own dreams, but always this contradicts what is happenng at the ground, may ALLAH safe Somalia