Som@li   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

quote:
Ps, there are many Farahs out there, worth more than 5 million

LoL, are you sure about that?
Dear Val, Visit us in Dubai and you will see some. :D

Zafir   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

This whole story is as fascinating as my third ear!

Sorry, can’t offer you any advice here but maybe your doctor friend can do something about my annoying third ear. It’s the echo you see...

^^I am equally fascinated with this third ear of yours. However, I doubt he is going look into your dilemma. ;)

Originally posted by Cambarro:

^^ Been there and waa la i boobey...nearly. Didnt see no millionares.

^^

Been there and found out the best wheeling and dealing in properties markets overthere, almost become millionaire less than a year! MashaAllah! just by frequent visits not settling there.

Janna   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

This whole story is as fascinating as my third ear!

Sorry, can’t offer you any advice here but maybe your doctor friend can do something about my annoying third ear. It’s the echo you see...

Maybe your mistress will cure your ear infection.

Janna   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Jenna sis I would by no means advice you to get married to him because he is wealthy. Since wealth can fade away, what if tomorrow for whatever reason he loses his wealth? Then what happens you get yr divorce? :confused: You don’t need to base your whole future on wealth that should be something to overlook. There are more important aspects in life than money, as Allah subhanuhu wa tacaala will bless us with his prosperity.

You pointed out walaal that you are not interested in this brother and that you are not the least attracted to him. So, what you can do is simply tell him that you are not interested in him, and u dont c this relationship developing further than it is. As you know it is better to be straightforward, as you are not doing any favor for him by misguiding him and pretending you care. The other thing I would like to reconsider if I was you is are you truly sure you are not interested, because it seems to me you are looking for a religious brother and as this brother said he wants to change to a better Muslim. Perhaps, you need to give him more time, and within time you will be fond of him.

All that been said I would never advice my own Somali sister to marry outside her race. Think about your children, they will be lost between two cultures. Somalis have hard time teaching Somali kids their culture; imagine when your child is half Somali. Besides that your child will go through identity crises (imagine being half white, wouldn’t you wish to belong to one race. Being half/half isn’t fun). So find yourself a Somali brother one that is educated and can support himself and his family. Wealth should be the last thing to look in a spouse. Personally speaking my priorities are religion, educattion, personality, and culture.

Good luck sister, if allah wills you will find your calaf!!

wa salaamu alaikum

AAliyah416, marry for love and see yourself only making enough money to survive. Once a Somali couple marry, their next destination is

government housing. Something he made me realise. :D

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Whatever happened to kaad u heeseysey on SOL a few months back? Gentleman/GM was it?

Is that you 7/11 girl?

Rahima   

AAliyah416, marry for love and see yourself only making enough money to survive. Once a Somali couple marry, their next destination is

government housing. Something he made me realise.

Just the other day my friends and i were discussing that very same point. Suprisingly even the young are heading down the road of government housing, i just can't get my head around it :confused: .

Rahima....I don't understand how it works. Is it something both patners agree on or is it the Faaraxs that suggest goverment housing?

Atleast one patner gotta have some ambition :confused:

Lexus....I think people focus too much on wedding, and hardly for the life after. What they need to do is discuss, and let your wishes be known. In other words, don't settle for less.

Just the other day my friends and i were discussing that very same point. Suprisingly even the young are heading down the road of government housing, i just can't get my head around it

Rahima, those that end up in government housing are doing it because heblaayo and hebel got a townhouse at such and such neighbourhood for like $200/month. More and More middle class families are aiming low, instead of aiming high.

To them, at the time of the marriage, they go straight for a 2 bedroom apartment, two children later, the unit is too small to handle this so called growing family, dude is working one job, the girl who was previously working no longer is because she is too busy having baby after baby, so with his salary and 3 mouths to feed plus himself, that government housing that abdi and caasho got previous year sounds like a dream house.

The above example, let me tell you how a smart couple could have re-arranged it in a positive way.

Lets say that 2 bedroom apartment was located at a nice prime area, going just over $1000, lets say they spend $40-50,000 on the wedding...all they could have done was taken $10,000 out of that wedding money together and put for a down payment on a $180-200,000 house, 3 bedroom, more spacious for their babybooming self, and walla, and paid just over $1,000+ a month towards their mortgage, and life goes on with their newly owned home.(This example is only for those serious couple, not those that marry every few months or every couple of yrs)

Marriage just doesn't end with the wedding, thats one of the many reasons why divorces still occurs

Unless the husband's income is suitable for the entire household to live off, i.e $90,000+ salary range, there is no need for the wife to stop working. These days, children alone cost a bundle, and you can't just make enough to live off, you gotta start saving for the family as well.

In this age and time, you need both parents to work, you can't just have one slaving all day, while the other sits at home, I don't care if I am offending housewives across the globe, but you need to get your act together housewives.

Aaliyyah   

Jenna sis if you are giving up your happiness for your children's welfare den go for it. Perhaps, it will work, and perhaps not. I am not so sure how u can stay with a man you are in luv with.But, ppl are different i suppose some dont care abt luv as much as others. and like I said one of my priorities are that the guy that I am getting married to is educated, and of course once he is educated he will make enough money like 60k a year, I think that is more den enough. and it is not like you will get children right away, I have every intention to work myself. So, Jenna just think through it before you decide to marry that brother. ANU KOLAY WAAN KU SO DUCEEN smile.gif .

WA SALAAM