Sign in to follow this  
Garyaqaan2

How to wow an older woman

If you’re dating a woman who’s older than you — or are open to the experience — you need to learn the rules of this kind of romance. To help you along, here’s advice on how to impress a woman of a certain age.

Do talk her talk

Your more experienced date may very well be able to party like a coed, but at some point she’s going to want to relax with a drink and — uh-oh — talk. “Above everything, an older woman would like to have a decent conversation,” advises Gibson. Problem is, with a generation gap, you’ll have to work a bit harder, since gems like “What’s your major?” and “Did you see the new O.C.?” are suddenly moot. Ask her questions about her job, her hobbies, what type of music she likes. Just don’t be discouraged if you can’t find common ground. So what if she’s a wine enthusiast, but you’re a beer man? Ask her to pick out a glass of red she thinks you’d enjoy. Accept that this relationship, however serious, will be built less on common ground and more on exploring new territory.

Don’t play around

If you want to land an older woman, then the only time you should be playing games is when you turn on your Xbox. That means ditching those dating rules you developed in high school—like waiting days to call in order to make yourself look cool. “The wonderful thing about being older is that you just don’t have time for games,” explains Sarah Winter, coauthor of Older Women, Younger Men. “If a guy tries that three-day rule, I’m already thinking he’s too insecure to handle a relationship with me.” The solution’s simple: Just act like you feel, not how you think you should according to some Seinfeldian dating protocol. If you like her, say so. If you want to call her, do it. Since an older woman is more likely to be further along in her career than you are, she may insist on paying most of the time, but do be a gentleman and offer to buy dinner. And if she calls you, don’t wait until the fourth ring to pick up, Fonz. (If you don’t get that reference, feel free to ask her.)

Don’t mention the numbers

You don’t need to be a mind-reader to know that women, no matter how poised and confident, aren’t keen on being reminded of their age. In this case, that also means not constantly referencing the spread between your years and hers. A line like, “It’s so great that we get along despite the generation gap,” sounds good in your head, but comes across as, “I’m glad we get along even though you’re so old.” Besides, it’s your personalities, not your birthday candles, that are compatible—and that’s where you should concentrate. So please, avoid asking questions like, “Did video games exist yet when you were a kid?”

Do act your age

Fact is, if she wanted to date a man her age, she would, so don’t pressure yourself to act more sophisticated than you are. “Younger men knock themselves out of the box psychologically because they think they have nothing to offer,” explains Winter. “But the reason that somebody like me is attracted to younger guys is that their minds are more open. They offer spontaneity and fun.” When 24-year-old Beecher Smith-Stackhouse met a woman twice his age at a San Francisco bar, he didn’t think she would be interested in hitting a nearby house party that his friends were throwing later that night. “When I mentioned it offhand, she just lit up and said, ‘Let’s go!’” he remembers. “We ended up doing shots and making out in the hallway.” In this instance, exploring her “less mature” side can be a huge kick—for both of you!

Ibtisam   

^^^^Right^^^ :rolleyes: she is 44, and he is 24 :rolleyes: that is a little more than wow older women, that is brining them back from the grave....

p.s. there are no rules in relationships or even in life, make your own rules and follow your own path

Urban   

how old do you consider old anyway? Wasn't there a an old british lady who brought her young hubby from ghana so that he could live with her? That's very common these days, but I can't say I'd never go for an old woman, cuz i simply don't know.

Lol JB, you're calling this crazy.. what about an old man having a 20-something GF/wife?

The original post is more about exploring and the 'experience' anyway.. it doesn't sound that serrious

xanduth

^^^^Right^^^ she is 44, and he is 24 that is a little more than wow older women, that is brining them back from the grave....

I belive you did not see the reilaty of romance yet. if you think 44 is too mutch for 24 yrld

My awoowe is kow married to 20 years old. and they are very happly living. but I w'll not tell his age. just make guss. lol

jaceelbarow Jb sxb see kaa noqotay these is not crazy world. lol

I want to make sure before by boys to strat dating and older women to know the ground ruling.

*** comm.... take the experience from these ...lol

Ms DD   

Younger men usually hang on to older woman's every word, bend backward to please the older women. Very good companions if you want puppy smile.gif .

Ibtisam   

^^^Right on

Abdi, the name is Xanthus not Xanduth?

The reality of romance is built on sweet lies dear, 44 year old women does not need a 24year old boy and call it romance, i know few other names for it!.

As for your awoowe, For the sake of not make this personal I’m wont comment, but I can think of million reasons as to why that is, the key in your words "haply living" says it all, ... oh dear me.

I have dated a younger guy,,,shshshshsh dont tell anybody!He was like almost one year and half younger than me.( of course i told my friend he was older)He was awesome! my lil puppy...until...

Malika   

Age is just a number, ;) got nothing to do with Love..

What would a 44 yr old woman want with a 24 yr old guy,ahmmm..fun!! a 44 yr old man would be about to retire,an old faddy daddy,set in his way..but a young man ready to explore the world,the older woman had acquired enough experience to roll with the explorer..lol

Aaliyyah   

Munira I would second that age is nothing but a number. However, I wouldn't know why a younger man would wanna date an older woman. But , den again the prophet scw was only 25 when married khadija who was like 40 yrs old. So I think it is everyone's choice as to what they want with their lives. Although, I wouldnt give a second thought to a younger man, even if he was like half a day younger. I tend to beleive it is a whole lot better when u date an older man. Let's say around 5 years ;)

wa salaam

Malika   

^^@half a day younger..lol

I wouldnt mind a toy boy,but that will require an amount of patients which I havent been blessed with...I probably end up mothering him,but again arent all men mothered by their wives?

True AAliyah, the prophet[pbuh]married Khadija 15yrs his senior and stayed married to her until she passes away..so this is not a new phenomenal that Abdi had just stumbled upon..lol

Aaliyyah   

che lol havent yet seen a somali brother dating an older women I mean like some one whose older den him good 20 years or what not. But, den perhaps there is. Ask abdi he sounds like an expert.

wa salaam

Malika   

AAliyah, I know a 23yr old somali man married to a 38 woman with kids..brave man indeed,but again he is having the time of his life. :D:D