Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Barak Obama; America’s redemption?

Originally posted by Cara:

quote:Originally posted by ThePoint:

It's not about black and white - it's about his message - one which he expresses in such an eloquent way far above his rivals. The smart thing he's done is to distance himself from 'black' issues in order not to 'alienate' whites.

Can't resist pointing out that the medium
is
the message
:D

Interesting how the child of a Kenyan is running for president of the US while Kenya's own political future is so uncertain. Talk about a brain drain.
Tell me about it.

Shucks,too bad Ms Clinton made it in NH. But hey,We are winning in S/Carolina,Nevada,FL & MI.*Insert a Howard Dean* Yiiiiiiiiihaaaaa!!!!!

OK,So,here is the dilema though yeah? What if Edwards wins S/Carolina? That will spin everything around!

On the republican side,whatever happened to Mayor-I-am so liberal -9-11 Gulliani? I hate that fool with some Passion.

Nephissa   

Obama dameerkaas ma maqli karo warkiisa. That bit on CNN about his grandmother struck me this morning. I didn't know that she lives in such meagre circumstances. Islaan ilko jajaban oo sabuul fanjileeso outside of a tiny hut aa la isoo hor keenay! Lee ilaaha ila laaah redface.gif . Obama is a fairly wealthy man, he could feed his grandmother's village for a long time on a just a portion of his salary.

If he's going to use his grandma as an example of the diversity of his life experiences and his sympathy with the poor, a complete lifestyle make-over is in order, ala Somali bling-bling style. A U.S Senator running for president oo ayeeydiis saas u taasho waa u dad-nimo xumo :D .

He didnt has to win NH. By coming in a strong second he solidified the theme of his campaing, namely that he's a serous candidate for the white house. So the lyrics, as it were, were much better then the music of Hilary's win. Blck voters have now taken notice and we will see how he does when he gets to states like SC where blacks are half of the electrote....

STOIC   

^^^^^

If it wasn’t for the independent voters voting for McCain, Obama would have won easily. The Independent in NH primaries could not vote for both parties. Yes Clinton was the comeback kid on Tuesday, but the game is still not yet on first and goal. Obama needs to recalibrate his message on the next few days. South Carolina, where half of the state democratic primary voters are black is not a guarantee win for him. Even the Oprah effect might not help him since the blacks are die-hard Clintonians . When you have black leaders like Andrew Young saying that Bill Clinton went out with more black women than Obama (I am not making this up!) you know your credibility in the community is being attacked. Remember this is a state where prayers are regarded high as oppose to the more liberal New Hampshire voters.Obama needs to show up in all the black churches so that he can show he is a man of God too. The South Carolina primary will be a do or die one for Obama. So the South Carolina Primary Should instead have the slogan "STOP CLINTONIANS" :D

Baashi   

Clinton machine is pretty robust. Dems are solidly behind her candidacy. Obama is relying on new block of dem voters, independents, and college age students. They couldn't deliver for him last night.

He has tight org and enough green bundles. The fighting ground is now in the West, Nevada is next. Organized labor (service union) call the shots. Watch who they give their important endorsement!

Obama also need not to trust these polls. Some of these white people to say they will vote for him before the election but when they get in the voting boot will vote against him. This has happen many black condidates.

This election is very important, another republican in the white House will be disaster. I am not sure if Americans are ready to elect black guy for a president now. I beleive that Mrs Clinton has more chances in general election then Obama. I would love him to be a president but the odds are against him.

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Obama dameerkaas ma maqli karo warkiisa. That bit on CNN about his grandmother struck me this morning. I didn't know that she lives in such meagre circumstances. Islaan ilko jajaban oo sabuul fanjileeso outside of a tiny hut aa la isoo hor keenay! Lee ilaaha ila laaah
redface.gif
. Obama is a fairly wealthy man, he could feed his grandmother's village for a long time on a just a portion of his salary.

If he's going to use his grandma as an example of the diversity of his life experiences and his sympathy with the poor, a complete lifestyle make-over is in order, ala Somali bling-bling style. A U.S Senator running for president oo ayeeydiis saas u taasho waa u dad-nimo xumo

Here is the video . I think she is just doing fine, not that bad.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Obama dameerkaas ma maqli karo warkiisa. That bit on CNN about his grandmother struck me this morning. I didn't know that she lives in such meagre circumstances. Islaan ilko jajaban oo sabuul fanjileeso outside of a tiny hut aa la isoo hor keenay! Lee ilaaha ila laaah
redface.gif
. Obama is a fairly wealthy man, he could feed his grandmother's village for a long time on a just a portion of his salary.

If he's going to use his grandma as an example of the diversity of his life experiences and his sympathy with the poor, a complete lifestyle make-over is in order, ala Somali bling-bling style. A U.S Senator running for president oo ayeeydiis saas u taasho waa u dad-nimo xumo

How true! I thought the exact same thing. And these journalists should leave the poor woman alone.

RedSea   

He has huge endorsment waiting for him in Navada.

The next state in contention which S. Carolina is 50% African Americans who mostly vote democrat. So look for him to wind up winning both states.

But I am still amazed at level of stup1dity from some Americans. A poll which was taken indicated that some of them voters changed their minds in the last minute. We can all speculate it had alot to do with Hillary crying. :D Damn what a stup1d people.

I think the media messed him up. NH was a clinton turf, but the media kept hyping thse polls, which were fiction in my opinion. They turned a good showing a loss by 2-3% into a comeback for Hillary who was never behind.

Lets wait on SC and Navada, hope he continues to do well. So far so good.

RedSea   

^Well those polls aren't reliable. Basically those polls are random. They make phoen calls to people's homes and they sort of survey them on whom they support. So we can't really rely on those unless we see the exit polls which are the ones that count.

Besides, they accused of him of changing positions.

Let us examine.

Barack Obama:

Voted AGAIST the ivasion of Iraq.

But voted to funding the troops there.

In their opinion, they think that is bystander. He voted the initial invasion, but to fund it means to make sure the U.S troops have what they need to continue the work there. Those are two different things. No man would vote agains the funding of his troops when they need him. The mistake is to send there in the first place and that is where Hillary Clinton comes in, she voted FOR the invasion of Iraq and now she pointing fingers.

She also speaks of her experience in the oval office with her husband. Sure she has more experience. But the fact that she was lured into voting for Iraqi invasion shows she is not that strong of individual under pressure.

Popular Presidents like Ronald Reagan didn't have much of experience, he basically studied.

On the republican side, I'd say Mitt Romney is the best candidate. that Mccain guy is delivering the same old messege from Bush. I will fight the 'terrorist'. the U.S' economy is struggling, there are foreclosure and all sorts of problem, he doesn't talk about that. His main theme is 'I will catch Osama Bin Laden' followed by applauses and roars. These people never learned. That is how Bush won his second term. and still he hasn't caught anything.

NASSIR   

His last night's speech after losing to Clinton in a tight race was so electrifying. This man is inspirational and confident in what he can do for the United States upon becoming its presidency.

He had the crowd rallying for him in a ear-splitting applause with the credo of "Yes we can".