Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Seccesionist may not speak on behalf of somalia!

RedSea   

Originally posted by Brofessor_Geeljire:

It's not indeed impossible for an individual from any region in Somalia to sympathise with cause of group X.

But I Would have thought that:

Groups advocating return of the
"Caliphate" and groups advocating for a state based on
colonial borders
are contradictory positions?

A group advocating partioning a Muslim country based on Western Borders(colonial legacy) and groups that seek to destroy all these borders hold somewhat contradictory, no?

Promoting
democracy, Secularism
and whatnot, is grossly in contradiction to groups that promote, " Allah's law",etc,?

A group that wants a healthy/brotherly relationship( including arresting poor SOmalis and leasing ports to their interogators) with neighbours(Ethiopia) and groups that are opposed to all things Ethiopian inside Somalia( which seccesionist believe is a different country)!

These not contradcitory positions?

Groups wanting all foreign troops out Muslims land and a group who's leader and elites call for Uncle Sam to set up bases to fight " terrorism", not contradictory positions?

There are plenty more contradictions...which I could have listed!

So it's a not case of seccesionists not being able to speak about Somalia. Since, to me, seccesionist doesn't mean a clan/ specific regions. I know there are plenty of Northerners who don't hold this ideology. Seccesonism is an ideology(summarised by some of the points I made above), saxiib, one which is grossly opposed to the folks struggling South of SOmalia! Unless one believes Alshabaab and the likes are fighting to rejoin the commonwealth-phate!
:D

Ninyow what are you on?

The things you have listed concern the Somaliland authority, specifically udub party. As I said before not all somalilanders hold the view of Udub party, and udub supporters aren't the only somalilanders.

Kulmiye believes what is going on in Xamar is down right wrong and compared it to what happened In the North back in the late 80s.

Kulmiye opposes:

Ethiopia's invasion.

Handing over innocent folks from somali galbeed to Ethiopia.

Udub:

Has supported the invasion.

and turns over innocent civilians over to Ethiopia.

So let me ask you is that a contradiction in your book or simply different versions of policies?

Kala saar policies of current regime vs. policies of the oppostion.

NGONGE   

Maybe it is just me but this wailing and protest at some throwaway comment from your opponent in a discussion, is truly laughable. Looks like he (whoever he/she is) succeeded in throwing you off course and into this cul-de-sac of an argument. Does the fact you fell for such an obvious ruse signify anything?

RedSea   

Originally posted by Brofessor_Geeljire:

^^Well, saxiib, I know the particular thread in question, in which these complaints arose. And it was SL supporters that resorted to accusing Xiin of cheering for his "uncle", when they couldn't refute his argument for a a negotiated compromise. Mr Ceyrow( the cyber) is one such individual who resorted to such a weak argument, thus the irony of this thread!
:D

I understand what say well; nothing should stop another Somali from airing the concerns and stopping their brothers. That is fully taken on board. No doubt there are plenty of Somalilanders( if we use such a term to describe people) WHO contributed to the Halgan down South.

Yet still there are gross contradictions, and those that want to ignore those coNTRadictions, essentially want to have it the best of both ways! That is,those that hail the historical brotherly cooperation(in several areas)between SL and Ethios, but throw out moral sentiments of, " your uncle is an Ethiopian Puppet". I don't see a great difference between such people and TFG supporters! Waa hadi runta la isku sheego!

Broffessor,

Name 1 somalilander who is pro Ethiopian invasion in this corner?

I accused Xiin faniin for his ill argument and the way he was making excuses of legitimizing the TFG and making it seem a legit entity that deserves a chance after all of this. I wasn't the only by the way. ;)

RedSea   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Maybe it is just me but this wailing and protest at some throwaway comment from your opponent in a discussion, is truly laughable. Looks like he (whoever he/she is) succeeded in throwing you off course and into this cul-de-sac of an argument. Does the fact you fell for such an obvious ruse signify anything?

looool..he really has.

The whole point of thread: Is somalilander ommited from joining the argument concerning somalia?

That was the whole point of thread, contradiction iyo waxaan loo joogin buu hoosta nagala soo galay.

Fabregas   

^^Saxiib, UDUB, GUDUB, OR JUDUG; all seccesionists(albeit different flavours) at the end of the day, so maha? In any Case I didn't seccessionists nor Somalilanders couldn't speak out about Somalia or it'affairs. Simply pointing out seccessionists(the hardcores) hold contradictory and rather puzzling views regarding SL's relationship with the Ethiopian Regime and what is going down South! Taasi ma beenba?

RedSea   

See when you dismiss my points you will only be sticking to your previous nonsensical argument. I said, not all 'seccesionist' view Ethiopia as an ally in this war. Nor do our policy makers back home all agree to Ethiopia's involvment in Somalia. Now what part of that don't you get?

I preassume you to be from Somali galbeed (correct me if I am wrong). Now how many sides is there to somali galbeed policies. Aren't there some who considerate Ethiopia as the 'federal government' and accuse the ONLF freedom fighters as 'sepertist' group?

Does that as a citizen of that region prevent you from speaking the truth and calling the wrong doers for what they are.

Ps. You didnt' answer my question. Name 1 somalilander here who is pro Ethiopia's invasion in Somalia?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Ceyrow jr.:

quote:Originally posted by Brofessor_Geeljire:

Broffessor,

Name 1 somalilander who is pro Ethiopian invasion in this corner?

;)
And the same people will post pics and hail the chiefs visit to Meles Zenawi. They hail Ethiopia as a big brother which was there in the time of need and helped the brothers, the tribal Mujahideen(SNM)! They hail Jenday Frazer visits Muqdisho! You think they asked her about the Somali Invasion? :D

RedSea   

^^^ :confused: try again..

Adeer this is about TODAY. SNM, Riyaale visit to Ethiopia have nothing to do with one's opinion regarding Ethiopia's full blown invasion of Somalia?

Your whole argument is reduced to 'some'. Offcourse there are 'some' everywhere. However let us stick to concrete example of one saying in these boards that Ethiopia is right to march to Muqdisho.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Ceyrow jr.:

[QB]

Does that as a citizen of that region prevent you from speaking the truth and calling the wrong doers for what they are.

QB]

Am not taking about regions/clans or people! I'm saying being a seccessionist(at least a hardcore one) comes with some contradictory baggages with regards to patriotically supporting the folks down South! And, I'm not talking about the average man on the street in SL!

RedSea   

^Ninyow you make no sense whatsoever with all due respect.

There are folks from Xamar itself who support the invasion, there are folks based in Baydhabo who support the invasion, there are folks from Beledwayne who support the invasion, there are folks from Galkacayo who support this invasion. All of which comes down to simple minded, corrupt, without an ounce of muslinimo iyo bina'aadnimo in 'em. Now does that mean, they are in contradiction with other s who oppose.

Come'on I know you are better than this, stop this nonsense. Besides, if you are not talking about the average man on the street, then who are you reffering to; Rayaale Kahin, Ahmed Yasin? just who??

RedSea   

Originally posted by Kaara-Dille:

SL is pro Ethiopia, dinnes and sleeps on the same bed with Melez Zenawi, Period.

"somaali baan ahay" backdoor, laba wajiile aan sheegenay weeeye. Saaxib your lot have been exposed. Reall somalis are MMA and his likes. I think he wants you to drop the flag. :D

Somaliland takes Djiboutian standard uu kalle

way ka hadlayaan arinka somalida

hadaad xabashida uu ogalatay inay ka hadlaan

maxada ugu diiidi kan haad isku luqada tihin inu kulla talliyo because somaliland wax fiican bay qabsadeen

Som@li   
Secessionists and Unionist can NOT co-exist, they are simply the positive of each other, I know some Secessionists who celebrate as they see South going in flames. So which one are you? :D

Ceyrow , stop this emotional fanfare adeer, and answer me following question.

Do you consider Ethiopia’s influence is limited to South Somalia?

If you answer no, and think entire Somali republic, as it stands today, falls in Ethiopia’s sphere of influence and she has succeeded to put puppet regimes in place based on Somali divisions, please tell us what approach you think would be suitable to change our (notice the plural) current situation. Would you reckon, for instance, that we can fight Ethiopia and the powers that support her without first doing away our divisions? If so, please lay out a feasible strategy that achieves that noble goal!

If you however believe Ethiopia’s intervention and hegemony is a southern problem, and you as a Somalilander want to help your southern brothers resist her brutal occupation, I would like you to take crack on the following q.

What’s the role of Somaliland entity in all of this? Does it enable Ethiopia’s intervention, impede, or neither? And what are you doing about it?

Your answers of the above qs will in fact show whether your protest thread has any merit! They will also show whether your support of alshabaab is out of convenience or, as you claim, out of conviction.

ps It would only help you sell your stance if you manage to leave uncles and cousins out of your argument.