Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Seccesionist may not speak on behalf of somalia!

RedSea   

"They say somalis are one, same religion, language, culture, color..etc".

"They say Hargeysa is our city, means to us what Galkcayo or Gorowe, Muqdisho means to us"

Okay if that is the case, then how come whenever a fellow from Somaliland tries to discuss or give an ojective opinion about the current issue regarding somalia he/she labeled and told to stick to somaliland.

They say:

"you are somalilander and you wish not to see somalia stable again" (This coming from folks who are in approve of mass killing in Xamar) Irony!

"you are pro seccesionist, what part of this discussion is your concern". This again is a double standard, once refering as one of their own, and on the other hand distancing me from Somalia's affairs.

"We the TFG supporters, and Al shabaab supporters are pro unity, therefore we have more in common than you do with either of us".....

They utter those comments and many others like it when they are presented and cornered with the truth. They have no other way to reason or deal with one from Hargeysa, Oodwayne Or Burco exposing their double standard. They can't quite decipher how on earth one who calls for the dismemberment of somalia finds a way to have a common ground with one who is against such move? Though logically speaking one would understand that one doesn't have to have a conflicting political stances with anotehr in order to condemn what is humanly wrong!

I think they know full well, but have nothing else to turn to, so they present these cheap comments above and othhrrs like it just so they can hold on to their naked lies which they spread here to convince the misinformed.

Their lies which were that they are proud pats and hardcore unionist have been exposed to the unaware. Their level of hypcricy and backdoor stabbing has been put out there for us all to see. I think it's time these people are told to not speak on behalf of Somalia and to drop the flag. Who do they think they are fooling?

Surely many of us have realized that decades ago, but all the remaining good somalis have realized this vicious circle of hypocrits who preach to us about somalinimo on one hand while somehow finding a way to be for the invasion of their country as legit one.

Mr/ms. Lander said this which drew a critism from the backstabbers:

" You should warn your fellow SOLers about your desire to have the people of Somalia subjugated to the government of Mbegathi and its cowardly wanna-be dictator, who will surely go down as the most treacherous Somali of all-time. I wear my colours on my sleeves, unlike some I don’t have to hide my views behind pretentious well-wishing and ‘peaceniking’ for I know there can never be peace without freedom "

This quote above is a truth teller, one needs not to be from specific region to make, because simply it's the truth and truth has no boundaries. However as usual he told to stay off.

Kashafa, who is pro unity, pro the armed struggle, and against the xaraam entity that is the TFG in compliment to Lander.

"Respect. Even tho we may never see eye-to-eye on the issue of union vs secession, I have more respect for you and your likes than the loudest of the loudmouth'ed Somali'weynist, the cadres of dhabodhilifs and their sympathizers, with all of their double-dealing, backdoor scheming, and wholesale treason of the Somali people" :D:D

Respect.

Now do you have to have a similar political principles or be from certain region to see the truth?

I think not....

Out,

RedSea   

:D:D:D

I have a broader presepctive of things. It's call Islamnimo.

It's what makes me support anyone who is a Muslim and trying to defend their community from raw eating pigs sxb.

Fabregas   

It's not indeed impossible for an individual from any region in Somalia to sympathise with cause of group X.

But I Would have thought that:

Groups advocating return of the "Caliphate" and groups advocating for a state based on colonial borders are contradictory positions?

A group advocating partioning a Muslim country based on Western Borders(colonial legacy) and groups that seek to destroy all these borders hold somewhat contradictory, no?

Promoting democracy, Secularism and whatnot, is grossly in contradiction to groups that promote, " Allah's law",etc,?

A group that wants a healthy/brotherly relationship( including arresting poor SOmalis and leasing ports to their interogators) with neighbours(Ethiopia) and groups that are opposed to all things Ethiopian inside Somalia( which seccesionist believe is a different country)!

These not contradcitory positions?

Groups wanting all foreign troops out Muslims land and a group who's leader and elites call for Uncle Sam to set up bases to fight " terrorism", not contradictory positions?

There are plenty more contradictions...which I could have listed!

So it's a not case of seccesionists not being able to speak about Somalia. Since, to me, seccesionist doesn't mean a clan/ specific regions. I know there are plenty of Northerners who don't hold this ideology. Seccesonism is an ideology(summarised by some of the points I made above), saxiib, one which is grossly opposed to the folks struggling South of SOmalia! Unless one believes Alshabaab and the likes are fighting to rejoin the commonwealth-phate! :D

Dear Ceyrow,

First the term seccesionist does not apply. I'm too lazy to go into detail but I'll give you the following points:

a)Under International Law it was two sovereign political states that formed a union on July 1 1960.

b)There are serious missgivings as to whether the act of union was legitimate considering the manner in which it was ratified.

At best the present circumstances of Somaliland can be described as an annulment smile.gif , and at worst a unilateral withdrawal from a failed union. Take your pick.

Second, I agree with the good citizens from Somalia who are kindly telling those citizens from Somaliland to leave them alone. It is their immediate interest at stake.

Third, I find it odd the only thing the proponents of Greater Somalia and those of a Sovereign Somaliland have in common is commenting on how each side is hopelessly failing. It is much easier to talk about the problems of others, than it is to look within. Mr Ceyrow, your first duty as a Muslim is to yourself. Lets all have a little introspection and find solutions for our respective political entities before we prescribe anything for some one else. Let Somaliland deal with its problems, and let Somalia deal with its problems. We all got our work cut out for us.

Red... Your immense belief in Islaminimo and your support for secessionist secular entity are contradictory, that said of course you do empathize with all Somalis considering shared history and religion not mention it's matter of common decency and moral integrity. Anyhow, it would be wrong to question your intentions in feeling the pains of Somalis. One doesn't have to tie moral objections to political realities in the former Republic. I did that in the past to some, but I abstain from that nowadays.

Just one q, how does one restore Islanimo and Somalinimo by seeking Mengiste's help and accommodating Zenawi's menace?

Baddacas is not your classic "secessionist" nor a "separatist," particularly far from the hardcore ones, who speak or write as though they are not even Soomaali, delusional wada ah.

Our brother believes, in the end, Soomaalinimo, combined with Muslinimo. I don't think he will have any misgivings about Soomaalis united in a true, strong Soomaaliya and Soomaalis all being equal in where a just and true caddaalad lagu wado dhaqmo.

Kii ku leh Soomaaliya kama hadli kartid kaama xigo first and, secondly, kuwa badanaa saas leh iyagaa ka daran the so-called "secessionists." Waa kuwa kaaro Xabashi soo kaxaystay, iyaga dulsaarana ku xasuuqay kumanaan masaakiin Soomaaliyeed. Kuwaas would be the last to preach about anything Soomaalinimo and anything that concerns Soomaaliya. Period.

its quite simple... neither seccesionist nor an amxaar puppet can speak for somaliweeyen!

only person who can do this is some one who is in the halgan for somaliweeyn nimo. thats not difficult to understand, is it?

as long as we are making lists, lets add idi*ts to the list of people who can not speak for Somaliwayn. As for as secessionist not being able to speak about things that concern somalia, i believe a little something call "perceived bias" is in your way. truth be told, your success, as a lander, depends on the failure of somalia. before you protest, the raison d'être givin by your political class for seceding has always been that the rest of Somalia is unstable. Therefor, meddling on your part, a self exiled outsider, in the struggle between islamist, pragmatist and confused pseudo-nationalist would be seen just as meddling. Far from helping any side, those you oppose will see you as an opportunist siding with those who will ultimately serve his interest i.e. cause instability in somalia. Those you side with, will see you as a liability least they be seen as people on the side of a person who believe inherently his interest lies with the destruction or the instability of the rest of Somalia. With such hostile reception on both sides, the better question would have been why on earth a person in your situation would want to enter that fray?

N.O.R.F   

Brofessor,

You raised some good and valid points there but I would have to say they are slightly pre-mature. Those are areas that will inevitably be delved into when the time comes. My main concern has nothing to do with my position with regards to Somaliland nor does it have much to do with the ideology of an Islamic state (not at this present juncture anyway). We can worry about that later on when we sit together and discuss things.

I find it impossible not to take a stance here. The barbaric goings on with the Ethiopian /TFG alliance given a free hand to carry-out atrocities and people cheering, being ‘neutral’ to or apologising for them is simply unacceptable regardless of your political leanings. One could also argue that the SL ‘ideology’ was actually under threat when the ICU was holding things down in Xamar. If you recall, many people from SL not only sympathised with them but also fought a long side them. Under threat so much so that the SL media jumped on the bandwagon to quickly label them as terrorists etc. Now, why would a bunch of people who are seeking independence from Somalia be sympathetic to/support the biggest threat to that independence?

One is prepared to be on the receiving end of criticism but when that criticism is purely based on ‘you are a supporter of SL so you have no say because,,,,,,,,,’ then I’m afraid that is poor politicking and will invariably be taken as ‘I can’t win the argument therefore I must point the finger at you’ (something many (not you) on these here threads are only too happy to do).

There is politics then there is right vs. wrong. If one fails to distinguish between the two then I’m afraid they are blind.

Fabregas   

^^Well, saxiib, I know the particular thread in question, in which these complaints arose. And it was SL supporters that resorted to accusing Xiin of cheering for his "uncle", when they couldn't refute his argument for a a negotiated compromise. Mr Ceyrow( the cyber) is one such individual who resorted to such a weak argument, thus the irony of this thread! :D

I understand what say well; nothing should stop another Somali from airing the concerns and stopping their brothers. That is fully taken on board. No doubt there are plenty of Somalilanders( if we use such a term to describe people) WHO contributed to the Halgan down South.

Yet still there are gross contradictions, and those that want to ignore those coNTRadictions, essentially want to have it the best of both ways! That is,those that hail the historical brotherly cooperation(in several areas)between SL and Ethios, but throw out moral sentiments of, " your uncle is an Ethiopian Puppet". I don't see a great difference between such people and TFG supporters! Waa hadi runta la isku sheego!

money   

Ceyroow junior I salute you! half of my family live in Hargeisa now.They choose to live inside Somalia and with somalis instead of ruuning to Kenya. The Somali and Islamic bond is stronger. The hypocrites who are clannish cheerleaders of his sickness warlord Yeey will go down in history as worst Somalis ever - they will be branded as GUN not as GOB!make my word, filthy tigreans will be defeated and that will be the end of the stooges. Somaliland was destroyed in 1988 by Morgan who is now, after 20 years is with Yeey. ICU gave him the benefit of doubt when he told them he repented and was seeking salvation and forgiveness.

Somalia will be one nation. Somaliland seccession is a factual cause but it could also be a bargaining tool that could be dealt around the table of negotiations. I don't think they will separate but self-rule, autonomy and power-sharing and revisiting the union pact is legit.

as for the traitors, we will hunt them when we kick ethios out.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Brofessor_Geeljire:

^^Well, saxiib, I know the particular thread in question, in which these complaints arose. And it was SL supporters that resorted to accusing Xiin of cheering for his "uncle", when they couldn't refute his argument for a a negotiated compromise. Mr Ceyrow( the cyber) is one such individual who resorted to such a weak argument, thus the irony of this thread!
:D

I understand what say well; nothing should stop another Somali from airing the concerns and stopping their brothers. That is fully taken on board. No doubt there are plenty of Somalilanders( if we use such a term to describe people) WHO contributed to the Halgan down South.

Yet still there are gross contradictions, and those that want to ignore those coNTRadictions, essentially want to have it the best of both ways! That is,those that hail the historical brotherly cooperation(in several areas)between SL and Ethios, but throw out moral sentiments of, " your uncle is an Ethiopian Puppet". I don't see a great difference between such people and TFG supporters! Waa hadi runta la isku sheego!

Well I'm not aware of the thread where this originated from but you must admit Redka has some valid points in his original post.

I wouldn't say that any percieved contradiction related to the set-up of SL politically and the cause of the resistence has been ignored. People have simply not addressed it because they have not thought along those lines yet. An analogy would be when your house is on fire you don't think about how things started but rather how to get out or douce it without anyone getting hurt. You worry about the rebuilding process when the time comes. When the Ethios withdraw and Somalia is stable enough for talks with SL, then I'm sure an amicable agreement shall be forthcoming. Until then it would really be a waste of time thinking and talking about the political make-up especially when people are being bombed indiscriminately, women raped, people slaughtered in mosques etc. I don't see how this is something which somehow weakens one's reasoning/argument for supporting the resistence.

ps I think you are overlooking the Islamic justice used in many parts of SL today.