Sign in to follow this  
finestsista2005

Summer is around the corner-what are hot items for must have for somali fashionista?

Chimera   

^It was a lie, so she could buy it instead of you lol, i'm going to revise my opinion on Somali Sisterhood now.

Juxa   

^^allah bal ceebtaan firiya, lakin waa runtaa somalida dumarkooda jar bey iska tuuraan.

Blessed   

I find it complimentary of my fine taste, :D esp when people stop you in the street. smile.gif I hate people who ask to borrow my clothes though, urgh!

Juxa   

lool@blessed sharing is caring, aniguna inaan soo bililiqeysto your maxis baan usoo socday but i wont borrow, just take it and appreciate your fine taste

CH i hate people who comment on what others wearing making suggestions that it would looked better with this and that. bit--chesssssss.

for me i learned to share, you cant have family full of girls and not share

Blessed   

just take it baa la qaatay. I've had this neighbour maradaad xidhatidba ka daba xidhanaysa. Qof inantaa ka edeb daran waligay maan arag. My cousin even nick named her fadhato bcause she'd just go through our things and take what she wanted. I was so happy when she exploded and couldn't wear my clothes any more.

I don't mind sharing the odd bits and passing things along and I'm always looking out for things my sisters and friends would like as it's hard for them to find modest clothes...but going out looking like clones of each other is tacky in my books.

Juxa   

lool@exploded.it is useful to be different size and shape than others soomaha.

i agree it is tacky to be clone to your friend or sister. i prefer to wear my wacky things, not because i wish to stand out, i just dont feel as passionate about clothes as my sisters or friends. i wear whatever i see that moment. most of time out of pure laziness.

ps: skirt season mabilowday in dubai horta, i think we will have lovely summer here

-Lily-   

^^^It's always skirt season in Dubai!

loool@exploded.

Blessed, I can’t agree more. I don’t mind sharing but I always find no one takes care of your clothes as good as yourself, can you imagine the mini heart attack of a wool jumper oo dhulka lagu tuuray? It used to be a bit difficult in a house of 4 girls but thank God half of them are married off now, in foreign countries ha ha ha. I would rather give it away.

The worst thing in the world is for people to look exactly the same or very similar. In London a lot of woman look like fashion horses, or like they fell out of the changing room at Topshop, trying to wear too many looks at once, no originality at all. It’s nice to see the occasional unique style.

This summer they are going to trash my favourite summer colours, navy, red and white in what I can only describe as nautical-overkill.

I am on the look out for maxi skirts. Candy coloured cardigans, smart/plain maxi dresses that can be worn to the office (so you don’t look like you’re on the beach/tropics). Colourful accessories and new scarves can bring old outfits back from the dead. Strappy sandals and neat classic ballet pumps.

I hope the avoid jeans…so so boring!

EDIT: p.s. Val, that dress is from Oasis, ASOS is only selling it. Unless it says Asos (as in their brand) the stuff they sell is from everywhere. But that dress is probably overpriced for the martial it is made of.

Malika   

I am bila dabeecad,I dont do sharing clothes..I do not borrow from others,so I expect no body to borrow my clothes..I can just tolerate sharing with my sisters/cousins but never a friend,iska baa daa a neighbour..I am strange like that,once a friend insist they want a piece of my clothing waan iska siya,knowing I will not wear that piece again even if they return it clean/pressed and perfumed.. redface.gif

Juxa   

lol malika, apart from sisters i never shared with anyone, for friends well you can imagine having lily as friend lol she will have heart attack if you threw her jumpers.

i cant share shoes ilaah amarkis, and clothes it wont somehow fit as it used to before. thanks god my youngest sister hates my style, so apart from cardigans xoolaheygu waa safe

Ha Ha Ha @exploded!

It is not the sharing I mind. If a friend and I are exactly the same size, she can borrow and even keep.

When I said I dislike people who ask me where, where, where I mean there are women out there who like to copy other people. You tell them where and within days, you'll see them wearing the same design, color with the same accessories as yours. Ugh..

I mean I dont mind running into someone I dont know wearing the same blouse or skirt but...

C&H do you know what's worse?

Someone telling you they don't like what you're wearing, and then seeing them wearing the exact same thing a week or so later.

I'm a self-confessed bag-aholic like every self-respecting female, and my bags are what friends like to borrow from me (and even so, very rarely). I'm usually not too fussy about lending to anyone, as long as I know they are respectful towards bags. I just find it disgusting some things people subject their bags; for example putting them on the floor inside a public toilet cubicle.

I think the whole borrowing clothes/ accessories thing is a bit teenager to me anyway. Isn't it part of teenage to gossip, experiment with make-up and bond with a girl by sharing clothes?

Thus I put "sharing clothes" in the same category as "carrying fake designer bags". Things you only do young and broke. ;)

Blessed   

^I agree and I also think that clothes are meant to be a reflection of your personality. There are many people whose style I admire but I don't get the urge to dress the same. The whole lable fad fake / otherwise goes over my head.

C&H

I get what you mean- copy cats are annoying but I don't mind sharing uselful information on shops esp. those for modest wear, it's how I discover new shops myself.

Speaking of which.. Jux, did you know that Crouch End is maxi dress heaven?