Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Arms embargo to be lifted??

I am really suprized sometimes at what people here argue about and how they speak. Speaking as though their arguements here have any significance as to what happens in Somalia. For all the people who hate TFG and managed to perrsonify it into Ghedi or Yusuf, don't waste your breath: wither the TFG fails or not we shall see and nothing you say can determine the failure or success of the TFG. After 16 years of anarchy, should wee really argue about wither we want a government or not becouse anti TFG = anti government. People, A government is not an option and disarment is not an option. If you hate this government, you can only wait tell it fails. If you want disarmament (All sane Somalis do), foreign peacekeepers is the only rational way at national disarmament. These people have captureed this or that city will not work. If Somalis can disarm them selves, it would have been done a long time ago. it is said that a sign of lunicy is doing the same thing and expecting different results, For those who support this or that faction, no faction will ever restore our country (If that really is your intention). A government (TFG for now) and national disarmament is the only road we have to get to that goal. So what really is the source of your opposition aside from it is not in the interest of rer hebel or that faction?

horn:

What's ironic adeer is that "my warlord" in Kismaayo will just as much have the green light as Abdulahi Yusuf to import as much weapons as possible. What I am willing to understand, however, is even Hiiraale having more then the weapons necessary enough to defend the people he was sent to protect from Morgan is a detriment to his person, the forces he represents, and through that to the whole Somali nation.

Though you can't possibly understand this sxb, when I stand against the lifting of the arms embargo, I am really idealistic in that I believe the current armaments will dry themselves up and will not necessitate the continuity of warefare (which would have happened long ago if the arms embargo was actually enforced). Even Hiiraale will not have a mandate anymore as there would be no more agression. Hence, Kismaayo will hopefully once again come under the administration of a Somali government and loose its designation as a "reer hebel" controlled city that has so tarnished its image during the civil war.

This national security plan and partial lifting is not about allowing more weapons into Somalia. Correction: Factions like the ones that control kismayo will not be allowed to get more weapons. The lifting of the ban (Not that it ever stoped any faction from aquiring more weapons) will only concern the TFG so that it may build a national Army and security forces and get security assistance from the international community.

Horn, you are indeed a comedian, NN, covered all the real points. The TFG will get strength to secure the whole country.

It has not happened yet, so we wait..

Duke, I wouldn't really bother myself with that guy.

All he can come up with is "Let the TFG be dismantled and other idle talk".

Only people with something useful to say, should be given the honour of a reply. Let the others be and express themselves freely without any reply because they do not deserve one!

Even Barre Hiiraale is a reformed character nowadays, who tows the line of the TFG. So people with no political objective nor real support base, shouldn't be liked to people who follow the TFG simply because of clan.

Hiiraale is a close ally of the TGF and inshallaah he will even work more closer with the TFG and its respective leaders! So he ought to be left alone and respected.

As for horn, the man is simply hate-consumed, even his bones are full of hate for a certain section in Somalia . Ninkaan waa nin cuqdad, ciil iyo xiqdi baa'bisay. Tolow waxaan is iri ninka ma reero kale ayuu ka dhaxlay cuqdadaan mise wa nin ku barbaaray dhulkaan oo aan kala garanaynin in ay soomaaalida cadow isku ehayn laakiin afkaar kala duwan kuwada murursan yahiin. Odayaasha wey ogyahiin, laakiinse dhalinyarada waxay moodeen run, walaalahooda kale ee soomaaliyeedna waxay u qaaden xiqdi, cuqdad iyo cadownimo!

Hornow dadka mar waa nabad marna dirir yar ba dhexmarto weyna ka' gudbaan kana heshiyaaniin, laakiin adiga cadawadnimo ayaad qaadatay. Sida qof kasoo jeedo reer gedo maba u dhaqamaysid, xitta kaftankii, xishoodki iyo ixtiraamki wuu kaa lumey.Waxaan illaahay kaaga baryaaya in xanuunka ku hayo kaa shifeeyo inshallaahu!

So to all the rest leave horn alone in his confusion, until he comes up with something viable and that is in tune with his adeers or kins political agenda, until that happens, he's simply a lost cattle without foundation (remember he can't claim to follow Hiiraale's stance nor that of other gedonians)!

So we will wait and simpy see inshallaah!

----------

On the other hand Duke, although great, I doubt, that there will be a swift all-inclusive TFG arms embargo lifting from the security coucil.

Britain+EU are against it, and the US isn't favourable to the arms embargo lifting. |Only the chinese together with the Ethiopians are so far lobbying the rest, that it's totally necessary.

Simply the 'white folks' want to keep Somalia as it is, only recently they got worried about the UIC but if the UIC is contained in their area of control and hindered to stretch their rule to all of Somalia, then they're simply cotent with the situation as it is for now, which means no-arms embargo lifting for the TFG!

Interesting just watched the BBC news, they actually confirming, that this is a UK led initiative and proposal, which approved pays the way to foreign troops to enter Somalia!

UN to consider Somali peace force

Two days of artillery clashes have left many wounded

The UN Security Council is considering a UK proposal to lift the arms embargo on Somalia, and allow an African peacekeeping force into the country.

The UN's special envoy on Somalia, Francois Fall, said opposition to the move by Islamists running the capital did not rule out troop deployments.

On Tuesday, some 500 Somali fighters loyal to the last member of an alliance of warlords in Mogadishu surrendered.

Almost 100 people died and 200 were wounded in the two-day battle.

Earlier, the United Nations emergency relief co-ordinator, Jan Egeland, said he hoped UN aid agencies will be able to return to Mogadishu within weeks to provide badly needed assistance to the civilian population.

Aid

On Sunday, a team from the UN met leaders of the Islamic militia known as the Union of Islamic Courts (UIC), one of whose leaders is alleged to have links with al-Qaeda.

Life under Islamist rule

According to Mr Egeland the militia pledged not to hinder the flow of aid into Mogadishu and instead called on the UN to step up its operations in the city.

"It is certain that security in Mogadishu is better now than it was when controlled by warlords and this seems to be an opportunity for the Somali people and the UN. The UN can now assist the suffering people in Mogadishu and its environs," he said.

The UN is especially keen to help those displaced by the recent fighting between the Islamists and warlords who until recently had been in control of the city since the collapse of the last effective government 15 years ago.

Somalia also has the highest rate of child mortality in the world and the smallest enrolment of children in school anywhere at just 20%.

Talks

Overall the UN believes the UIC currently controls just under 20% of the country.

Mr Fall admitted they were concerned that the Islamic militia could ultimately form a hardline government.

But he said his aim was to encourage talks between the more moderate wing of the organisation and the UN-backed transitional government.

Talks between the weak interim government based in Baidoa and the UIC are due to begin in Khartoum on Saturday!

I wonder if one sees this lifiting of the Arms embargo for what it is ... a back routine to root out the Islamic courts.

It will mean Ethopia will freerly arm the TFG with the blessings of the International Community and we know this is only a ticket for further fighting in Somalia. ( a guaranteed face-off between the TFG and courts )

What good will lifting the Arms ban bring, both factions will be supplied with heavy artirilies and chaos, destruction and more civlian deaths for the next few years will be the only outcome

It is clear here the the Anti-Islamists aim to use the TFG as a force to defeat the rising of the courts.

As to those to try to argue the Arms ban is preventing the depoloyment of peacekeeping troops are wrong, how come it did not stop the Americans and UN army being deployed in '93.

I hope these new develepments are countred by those who 'really' want peace in Somalia.

If this people get their wish then once again it will be the Somalia people who will pay the ultimate prize in their thousands and peace will be put back for another good few years once again.

Naxar Nugaaleed:

A government is not an option and disarment is not an option. If you hate this government, you can only wait tell it fails. If you want disarmament (All sane Somalis do), foreign peacekeepers is the only rational way at national disarmament.

Of course, we do need urgently both disarmement and functioning government to arrest and judge warlords.

Now how could you expect the TNG with one of the quintessential criminal warlord at his head, elected by fellow maffiosi warlords, keeping prominent ministerial and security positions will deliver justice to their very victims?

Wasn't M. Dheere welcomed by PM Geedi himself?

To add insult to injury, the Maffia in Baidoa are opposed to Shariah implementation and welcome relentlessly Tigre militias...

Gabbal   

Naxar-

I think you are duly misinformed about the implications of any possible lifting of the Somali arms embargo. Also adeer, anti-TFG does not equal anti-government otherwise we can imply, from your own assertion, that prior opposition to Abdiqasim Salad Hassan from various corners ment anti-government. ;)

Generalka-

I am not a comedian sxb. I love my people. My love for them is what is causing me to understand the long term repercussions of lifting the arms embargo. I believe that you think Abdulahi Yusuf will get the upper hand in any possible lifting of the arms embargo but I can't reinforce enough just how mistaken you are..

Sakhar-

Adeer adigu wax waliba ma qabiil bey kula tahay? Cabdulahi Yusuf dhankuu wadanka u wado ma isku qabiil baynu nahaa ku raacaa? Hiiraale haduu raacay miyaan ku qasbanahy inaanu raaco? Reer Gedo haday raaceen miyaanu ku qasbanahay inaanu daba-galo?

Laa!

Weligey cuqdadne ima soo marin mana arkin siiba dadkaad ku tilmaantay. Adigu hadaad leedahay reerahaa Puntland shaqsiga Cabdulahi yusuf bey hoos yimaadeen waa mid adigu kuu taal. ;) Aniguse ilama hoos-yimaadaan. Kuwana waa dad shicibka Soomaaliyeed ee guud ka mid ah ee aan waliba xidid, dhaqan, iyo walaaltinimo ka xigsado, midna waa shaqsi isu gaar ah oo afarahiisa ka musuul ah. Raali ahow markaan ku idhaa waad khaldantahay!

Dhubad.   

No foreign troops in our country, we know what they have done to us, besides there is a peace now, all Yey needs to do is come forward and take this golden opportunity before his time comes to end.

ooh and one thing, he should sack Geedi and stopp given shelter to the terrorist.

Naxar Nugaaleed:...

Now how could you expect the TNG with one of the quintessential criminal warlord at his head, elected by fellow maffiosi warlords, keeping prominent ministerial and security positions will deliver justice to their very victims?

Wasn't M. Dheere welcomed by PM Geedi himself?

To add insult to injury, the Maffia in Baidoa are opposed to Shariah implementation and welcome relentlessly Tigre militias...

DS, brother, the tfg is not headed by a "Criminal warlord". President Yusuf was a democratically elected president of puntland state of Somalia and was again elected as the president of Somalia. Before that he has definded puntland from southern warlords Such as Aideed and terrorist aweys. Before that, he lead a rebellion againist a

Military dicatorship. Whee in this do you see a warlord let alone "the quintessential criminal" one? Also the sort of justice that you speak, can not implemented right now. As they say, an eye for eye leaves all of us blind, spacially in the case of Somalia with countless number of guilty people. The cabinet, a very largeone at that is not composed of warlords but has only a few and that is becouse their clans want them there. As for this Mohammed dheere thing, i have no Idea. He has insulted senior members of the government and was a bad host. He was a member of the anti terror allience and no igad nation, which Somalia is a member of, are supposed to host those individuals. Be that as it may, he is a host of Gheedi, we will see if there is preisedntial or parliamentary pardon. Lastly, "Shariah implementation" is a distraction from what people should be concern with. Are 90% of Somalis not muslims, if they were God fearing muslims there would no need "Shariah implementation". Our times and the setuation our country is in require a little more pragmatism than warlord can not be judges (which they are not, they are ministers)

and "Shariah implementation" has failed in more pious societies then ours.

Horn:

I think you are duly misinformed about the implications of any possible lifting of the Somali arms embargo. Also adeer, anti-TFG does not equal anti-government otherwise we can imply, from your own assertion, that prior opposition to Abdiqasim Salad Hassan from various corners ment anti-government.

I don't think I am misinformed about the lefting of the ebargo but if I am, please tell me how. How is it that being anti TFG does not equal enti government. TFG is the only legitmate national authority regonized by every international organization. Until its time is over and there is another one, it going to be the only one. So being against this TFG makes you anti government. We could come up with alot of reason as to why the TNG was illegitimate and the TFG Legitimate. For example, If we divide Somalia into three differnet parts, Somaliland and Puntland would make two third of the country and neither participated in the talks to form the TNG. The last third had no administration to inter talk on their behalf other than countless warlords or faction leaders, even so,not even these factions who controled that third of the country were invited. Instead, Somali "Intelectuals" from the diaspora flew directly to Jibuti with out even going to Somalia and decleared themselves presiden. primeminister and so on. What little legitimate authority that was there were few clan elders or leaders. The conference to form the TFG consisted of faction leaders, clan elders, "Civil Sociaty", those "Intelectuals" from the diaspora and local administrations, with the exeption of Somaliland. Whatever each community Somalia saw as the legitimate representatives of their community were there to represent them. Hope that clear it up for you. regardless, puntlanders should have supported and contrary to what you impley with this, they did support the TNG. None the less, this was not the cuase of the failure of the TNG. Salaad failed to take the advice of the elders to go to baidoa and build the government in that provencial capital until the national capital was pacified. Instead, he went to small house in the capital, fired three Prime ministers and instead of using the funds the international community give to rebuild the nation, became a warlord himself concern only with land graps and the rise of his sub-sub clan.

^^^

NN, Well said...

Horn, keep playing the role of the envious step child. The TFG has had one real goal, security and building up its institutions, I am against these factions and the clan courts is a new name thats all.. The TFG has real legitimacy, it is accepted by the people not the armed factions but the masses, today in Kismayu who apart from your clan accepts the JVA? The answer is no one..

Every Somali has a right to live in peace, and without these armed clans pretending to be a clan movement one day and then fighting for Islam the next.

New York: Dowladaha Ingiriiska iyo Shiinaha oo Taageero Buuxda Siiyay in dawlada Soomaliya laga qaado cunaqabataynta Hubka

Thursday, July 13, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print This Article | Daabaco warkaan

New York( AllPuntland)- Maalinkii shalay oo aheyd xilligii loo balansanaa dhagaysiga warbixinta xaalada Soomaaliya, ayaa waxaa warbixin dheer ee uu jeediyey ergeyga gaarka ah ee United Nations Mr Francois Fall kadib wadamada ku sugan Golaha Amaanka Qaramada Midoobay ay guda galay in ay mid mid usoo bandhigaan aragtidooda ku saabsan isbedelada kasoo cusboonaaday Somaliya.

Dowlada Ingiriiska ayaa aheyd wadankii ugu horeeyey oo soo gudbiyey warbixin ay ku koobnaayeen xaqiiqooyin ay kasoo uruuriyeen xaalada ka jirta Soomaaliya, iyo aragtida Britain ee geynta ciidamo nabadsugid ah oo Soomaaliya taga.

Dowlada Britain waxaa ay qoraalkeeda ku cadeeysay in ay lagama maarmaan tahay ciidamo nabada ilaaliya dowladana garab istaaga in Soomaaliya loo diro, arinta cunaqabataynta hubkana loo fududeeyo dowlada oo kelia ah si ay kaabadaheeda dowladnimo u dhameeystirto.

Wadanka Shiinaha oo horay isagu u taageersanaa in Soomaaliya fursad labaad la siiyo, loona diro ciidamo dowlada Somaliya la shaqeeya, ilaaliyana xarumaha dowlada, kana saacida dhismaha ciidan qaran oo wadanka hanta, haatan waxaa ay Shiinuhu ku celisay in ay lagama maarmaan tahay in Soomaaliya la garab istaago, cuna qabateeynta hubkana lagu koobo inta aanan dowlada ka aheyn, oo cunaqabataynta lagu sii hayo kooxaha kale, balse dawlada Federaalka laga qaado maadaama hey'ada keli ah ee sharciga ka ah ay tahay dowladu.

Wadanka Mareykanka ayaa isna si taxadar leh usoo dhaweeyey aragtida ah in cunaqabateeynta laga qafiifiyo Somaliya, lana xoojiyo awooda Dowlada Somaliya, Mareeykanku wuxuu ka dhawaajiyey in Qaramada Midoobay ay ka caawin doonaan dowlada Somaliya howlaha dhismo ciidamo qaran oo tayo leh

Golaha Amaanka Qaramada Midoobay ayaa soo dhaweeyey soo jeedinta ay wadamadu ka dhawaajiyeen, kuna tilmaamay mid sahleeysa in xilligaan Golaha amaanku arimaha Somaliya go'aan waafi ah ka qaadan karo.

Golaha Amaanka oo dhowr jeer oo hore si dadban u diiday codsi in xayiraada hubka laga qaado dawlada Soomaaliya, codsigaas oo ay golaha u jeediyeen Dawlada Federaalka Soomaaliya, IGAD iyo Midowga Afrika, ayaa isagu hadda u muuqda mid u dhago nugul inuu badalo mawqifkiisii xayiraada hubka ka gadaal markii xaalada Soomaaliya hal mar is badashay ayna gacanta u gashay caasimadii Soomaaliya Maxkamadaha Islaamiga ah oo dawladaha golaha Amaanka hogaanka u hayaa ka wal wal qabaan inay kusii fidaan Soomaaliya ayna ka dhalato dawlad la mid ah tii Daalibaan, Afganistaan oo ciidamada ka socda Qaramada Midoobay xukunka ka tuureen.

Golaha amaanka oo ay xubno ka yihiin ilaa 15 dal ayaa 5 ka mid ah waxay lee yihiin awooda diidmada qayaxan ee VITO iyadoo wadamada Ingiriiska, Shiinaha iyo Maraynkanku ka mid yihiin shanta wadan ee codka diidmada Vito leh.

AllPuntland.com

^^^ sxb, cunaqabataynta hubka haddii la qaado, mushkilo malahan cid walba waa ka faa'ideysanayan jaaniskan. Markaa ha ku fakirin waxaa kaliya oo ka faaideysa inay tahay dowlada.

Maxakamadaha xatta waxaay aadayaan shopping. Army race would soon start and we go back to square one again!

^Which part of the article did you not understand? Is it that difficult to comprehend?

Let me help you out then. This is intended for a partial lift of the arms embargo in order to aid the Government and not a lift for all the somali factions.

The arms embargo lift goes hand in hand with the request of Peace-keeping troops and without it there will be no peace-keeping mission in Somalia, that's why the government of the UK and China are working that relentlessy and hard to secure a partial arms embargo lifting intended to aid Somalias 'weak' government.

Apart from Eritrea, who is willing to give arms to the UIC. If they give them arms, it will be small arms and not heavy weaponary because Eritrea can't afford it because they're a bankrupt and very poor country.

^^^ Some here have a difficulty in understanding things. The TFG will get arms and training for free, from the who, world including the great powers, China, US and so on.. Who will arm the opposition? We are not talking about an AK47 but heavy armour and air cover. That in the end is what the courts and their fellow warlords always cried about. That is what is making Horn and the JVA partners here nervous...