Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Puntland: The curse of Somalia!

The Zack   

Calling Puntland the curse of Somalia is not something I endorse. Puntland's admin and few individuals that call themselves a PDF have been unpatriotic in the last few weeks but the community is not all like that.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Jacphar:

Little angry already.

To borrow Ngonge's words: It's only words on a screen, words on a screen! Don't internalize everything sxb.

^It was not such a lowering of you.

It seems I said who you naturally are and you need to internalize that for a while, don't just talk.

The Zack   

Why is jacphar talking before the Puntlanders talk horta? This is like talking bad about Somaliland and someone from Boorame starts defending it before anybody from Hargeisa does..

Kamaavi   

Jacpher is just a hopeless dork who has over whelmingly affected by his own fanatic and paranoid thought.

Finally, he has translated those thoughts into brutality, or sometimes reduced to clear cheer leading.

No wonder why they have called him a mad dog in Sol :D

Originally posted by The Zack:

^Exactly! Now, we are on the same page. Notice the pattern here? Vice, vice and vice.

U just see the "vice" part ,, not the "Presidency" one ,,,, :D

The Zack   

^No, I see both parts of the word but it happens that vice president is a lower post than a president and my point is if all you are is a vice president you might as well let the PRESIDENT talk first. If you know what I mean :D .

Cowke   

Mr Somalia excellent points as you stated and totally factual. The tahribs are usually oromo's/southern somalis/somaliland.

The fact can be verified here at the unhcr.

UNHCR

As for the burcads you mentioned, it must be stated that these pirates don't kill, rape, loot or do anything bad to somalis. Nor do they get involved into politics or religion. It's purely a business opportunity for them. Let's not kid ourselves, if they wanted they could form a powerful army and they get reportedly $80 million aa year in ransoms.

However as the bbc has stated the pirates are recruited from the "idps" within puntland. Even though their are natives of puntland involved, they are not the pirates who go seize the ships but "plan the heist" using "idps" as foot soldiers.

Verfication

BBC

Illegal fishing happens in somaliland more then puntland, however somaliland doesn't have the capability to fight against it and are under-resourced.

Illegal fishing in Somaliland. Yet People Can't Do Nothing

To add more salt to your snm wounds. 28,000 snm refugees are sitting in puntland as we speak in camps. According to international institute of strategy armed conflict database.

International Institute Of Strategy Armed Conflict Database

If somaliland was such a nice place, I don't know why 28,000 somalilanders would bother sitting in Bossaso as refugees. After-all it is the land of milk, honey, and gold. :D

I stress on my last point, Puntland is not perfect nor eis it near perfect, however it is the best place in the horn of africa that is for sure.

Unfortunately we been blessed and cursed with hosting the busiest shipping lane in the world. The gulf of aden and indian ocean MEET UP Corridor.

The opening of the door for ships to pass through is puntland and we need to streghten our mariners. Currently 15 active vessels in puntland. Which is fact according to undp. We need to increase that to 50 or so, so they can patrol each coastal city.

We need to also make sure they are paid good, because after-all they do realize if they are not paid good, they can get alot more money doing piracy, which only puntland coast-line can provide and no-where else in somalia can.

The problem with sland coast-line is. 1. They are on the wrong side of red-sea and near the poorer african countries and poorer mid-east countries. The amount of trade that generate from those country is minimal compared to say "puntland" which sits on the indian/gulf of aden entry point. Puntland deals with not only the poorer african/mid east nations trade coming "out" from their countries, but puntland also must open the door for europe, america, asia, south america and the rest of the world to come inside the gulf of aden because they come in through indian ocean.

Our coast-line is un-matched to anywhere in somalia be it sland or hamar. Therefore we must make sure our coast-guards are paid well so they don't think of doubling their pay by using our strategic location as financial money maker.

Lastly, to all the puntland haters, if you hate puntland so much tell your damn refugees be it hamar or hargeisa stop coming there. Problem solved!! :D :cool:

RedSea   

Dear SOLers,

Add rape to the shamefullness of Buntland state. The curse remains.

Banaanbaxyo rabshada watta islamarkaana looga soo horjeedo qaraxyada iyo dilalkii ka dhacay Puntland ayaa haatan ka socda Magaalada Boosaaso ee gobolka Bari iyadoo qaraxyadana lagu eedeeyay dadka ka soo jeeda koofurta Soomaaliya.

Banaanbaxyo ay dhigayaan boqolaal qof oo watay boorar waaweyn oo ay ku qoranyihiin erayo dadka aan u dhalan Puntland looga dalbanayo in ay isaga baxaan deegaanada Puntland ayaa saakay waxaa ay ka bilowdeen Bartamaha Magaalada Baasooso ee xarunta gobolka Bari.

Dadkaan banaanbaxa dhigayay oo aad u careysan ayaa waxaa ay ahaayeen kuwa si weyn uga soo horjeeda qaraxyada,dilalka iyo rabshadaha kale ee ku soo noq noqda Magaalooyinka Puntland kuwaasi oo banaanbaxayaashu ay sheegeen in ay ka dambeeyaan dad ka soo jeeda gobolada koofureed ee dalka Soomaaliya.

Banaanbaxa waxaa uu sameeyn ku yeeshay goobihii ganacsiga ee Bartamaha Magaalada Boosaaso iyadoo lagu dalbanayo in la joojiyo qaraxyada iyo dilalka ka dhacaya gobolada Puntland kadib markii maalmihii la soo dhaafay halkaasi ay ku soo laalaabteen falalkaasi.

Qaar ka mid ah banaanbaxayaasha ayaa waxaa la sheegay in ay tuuryeeyeen goobaha ay ku suganyihiin dadka ka soo jeeda gobolada Kofureed ee dalka Soomaaliya kuwaasi oo ay sheegeen in ay ku lugleeyihiin amaan darida ku soo korartay Puntland sida ay Shabelle u xaqiijiyeen ilo wareedyo halkaasi ku sugan.

Banaanbaxyadaani ayaa imaanaya xili xalay gudaha Magaalada Boosaaso uu ka dhacay qarax weyn oo qasaare isugu jira dhimasho iyo dhaawac u geystay ciidamo ka tirsan Mamulka Puntland kuwaasi oo dhex mushaaxayay Magaalada Boosaaso.

RedSea   

Nairobi — The number of reported rapes in camps for internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Bosasso, in Somalia's self-declared autonomous region of Puntland, is increasing and rape has become "a major problem", says a civil society source.

"We are seeing more and more women who have been raped in the displaced camps," said Hawa Ali Jama, of We Are Women Activists (WAWA), an NGO.

"We have recorded 30 women raped in October 2009 and 45 in November," she said. These numbers did not reflect the actual number of raped women, because many did not report it, she said, for two reasons. First, the family may not want the case to be reported "because they are afraid that it will reflect badly on them". Second, the woman may be afraid the perpetrator may come back and harm her or her family.

Jama said there were at least 24 IDP camps in Bosasso and rape cases had been reported in most.

She said rapes were committed either by men from the host community or other IDPs. Among the IDPs there were men who took a fancy to a girl and wanted to marry her but if they were rejected, "he may return at night to rape her; he will then be forced to marry her, according to tradition. That was his aim all along."

Unsafe haven

Many of the displaced fled violence in the south, particularly the Somali capital, Mogadishu.

Ambro (not her real name) came to Bosasso, the commercial capital of Puntland, in 2005, seeking a safe haven for her family.

A month ago her teenage daughter was attacked near the IDP camp that is their new home in Bosasso while Ambro was out finding work in the town.

"It was around 11:30am when a young man raped my girl," the 35-year-old mother of five said. "He tied her up and then raped her." By the time the mother returned she found her daughter bleeding.

WAWA staff took her to the doctor. "She is recovering now but it is hard for a young girl to recover from something like this," said Ambro.

"I never thought it would happen here. It was for fear of something like this happening that I fled Mogadishu," she explained. "It seems no place is safe for us."

Breaking the silence

In the same month and in the same IDP camp two men raped a young girl.

"These people survive on very little and they supplement it with work they find in the town. Now they are afraid that when they go to find work they may get raped," Jama said, adding that it was becoming one of the biggest security concerns for the women.

Jama said her group and others working with the displaced had started a campaign to encourage women to report cases of rape. "We have volunteers in the camps who interact with the women and encourage them to come forward." Her group was providing counselling and medical help.

The authorities are also taking the matter more seriously. "We have a very good relationship with the local authorities and once we identify the culprit they are arrested and taken to court."

The volunteers and staff stay with the survivors throughout the process. "We are there with them until the rapist is brought to court and convicted. This has encouraged more women to come forward," she said.

A campaign of awareness to encourage families to abandon the tradition of hiding rape cases has helped to "break the silence", she said.

"We will keep fighting until we put a stop to these violations," said Jama.

Ambro said she did not know what she would do now. "I cannot take my children back to Mogadishu, because it is not safe but I don't feel safe here either. At least here I have the support of the people like WAWA."