Sign in to follow this  
Xidigo

Self hating dabdhlf

NGONGE   

^^ If and but is all you come up with. Do you realise that if one of those people you meet in the coffee shops, accidentally spills his cup of sweetened tea over an old newspaper that's covering some qaat and a packet of B&H he may stumble upon one of the greatest inventions mankind has ever known and discover the cure for cancer? The world will descend on that dingy maqaaxi and decide to recognise Somaliland there and then. Attitudes and perceptions can easily change you know.

By the way, did you hear the story about the beggar that used to pester one of his patrons with invitations to dinner? Come to my house, he kept on saying. I will invite you for a tasty dinner to thank you for all your past help, he added. You must come saaxib, he pestered. But when the patron finally relented and went to visit he was only offered a dirty glass of water!

What was it you said to me last time? Come to the politics section so may aheen? War ega tag biyaahaga ma doonayno, farta na ka sar koobka, badow yahoo.

Abtigiis   

The moment I typed if a government comes today, I knew you will hold onto the IF. How presceint I was. Let me get ready, I see you are already rolling up the sleeves. Sug aan shaqadda iska dhameeyee! Reer-Magaal yahoow!

NGONGE   

A&T, ma ii balan qaaday? AGAIN? :D

kaama aqbalayo..I want CASH right now.

** shakes head knowing the charlatan is not coming back to this thread **

Abtigiis   

We shouldn't argue for the sake of it. We are not bulls. Frame the scope of our debate and let us have a beginning. So far, it hasn't been any focused. Your chatroom stroies Vs my Coff shop rumors. That wasn't pleasant.

Oodweyne: with all honest and seriousness my engagements in these boards are NOT meant to reason with fanatics, and zealous qabiilists! I found both characteristics in you adeer! Somaliland as a country only exists in the heads of fanatics. Others see a relatively peaceful albeit struggling region in a failed state called Somalia. I knew others could be seduced to believe such rubbish, but good NGONGE sort of surprised me really. That’s why I spared some time to reason with him. But you are a known commodity in these boards…

LANDER   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Oodweyne
: with all honest and seriousness my engagements in these boards are NOT meant to reason with fanatics, and zealous qabiilists! I found both characteristics in you adeer! Somaliland as a country only exists in the heads of fanatics. Others see a relatively peaceful albeit struggling region in a failed state called Somalia. I knew others could be seduced to believe such rubbish, but good NGONGE sort of surprised me really. That’s why I spared some time to reason with him. But you are a known commodity in these boards…

Rich, coming from someone who's illogical denial of all things Somaliland stems from tribal insecurity. Perhaps I don't frequent the forum often enough, but it would seem you hail from the region after all! so it all makes complete sense now. Even your unreasoned support for the unfeasible 'peace' process that sought to keep the people of Somalia at the mercy of the occupation and who’s only tangible benefit would be to legitimize an otherwise illegitimate ‘government’ is clarified.

^^No, you got that one wrong yaa dreamy Lander. I am NOT in 'denial of all things Somaliland'. I just dont see it as a country, i see it as part of Somalia. As i said before a country called Somaliland only exists in seccessionist heads...and that is some thing i cant do much about..

And no I dont hail from the region; I have not seen it really. But that is neither here nor there, after all I am having a debate with a man who eqaully is removed from the region if not more...

STOIC   

Xiin,

I think you handle your argument in a very civil way. I believe you are not one of the people in these boards who are prisoners in their own rhetoric. You always seem to remain cool poised and relaxed when I read your argument; just don’t loose that my dear friend (and this is a sincere portend). I do understand where you questioned the substance behind the legitimization of Somaliland as a country. Your arguments about this issue are one which you will be heard and of course one which would not be ignored even if someone comes here ten or five years downs the road. Though I support and affirm the Somaliland existence as an alternative to the chaos of the rest of Somalia I still will like and love to read arguments such as yours and Baashi. In all of this, you will learn that there would always be a respect for the logic of your opponents. Though most of the time both of you and the rest of Somaliland supporters eschew the facts it will always be easy for any reasonable person to glean what is fact from fiction.

Castro   

after all I am having a debate with a man who eqaully is removed from the region if not more...

I'd say Mr. Oodweyne is slightly removed from reality and not just the region.

Ma calayna.

Lander,

You are contradicting yourself. Yesterday you welcome the Somali Djibouti peace deal that calls for the departure of Ethiopian troops and now you want the Ethiopians to stay and the bloodshed to continue. Let me guess, the return of the Somali state is the nightmare end of your 18 year dream of seccession.

Stoic, appreciate your comments bro! I always knew that for every secessionist nut, there is no-head-fake, reasonable, data-driven person who does not forgo hard facts on the ground for regional sentiments or clannish feelings…

LANDER   

^^No, you got that one wrong yaa dreamy Lander. I am NOT in 'denial of all things Somaliland'. I just dont see it as a country, i see it as part of Somalia. As i said before a country called Somaliland only exists in seccessionist heads...and that is some thing i cant do much about..

And no I dont hail from the region; I have not seen it really. But that is neither here nor there, after all I am having a debate with a man who eqaully is removed from the region if not more...

You don’t hold a monopoly in believing in a ‘United Somalia’, or for believing that Somaliland should not gain international recognition. I respect many people who hold on to their hopes of seeing a united Somali Republic. When people have genuine intentions, hope is a beautiful thing and I am not one to tell people what they should or should hold on to. However, when people try to mischaracterize Somaliland at every turn and try to stir up tribal animosities amongst its population, I question their intentions. The thread started with discontent coming from sister who hails from Awdal and in recent news the political hot topic of the day was a drill being moved from a neighborhood in Hargeisa to Borama. Not to minimize the effects of this incident, or the incompetence shown by the Administration in addressing issues for all its municipalities, but looking at the bigger picture, it is still quite an achievement to me that people are bickering over a drill where as 17 yrs ago they were on opposing sides of a war that claimed thousands of peoples lives.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Peace Action:

Lander,

You are contradicting yourself. Yesterday you welcome the Somali Djibouti peace deal that calls for the departure of Ethiopian troops and now you want the Ethiopians to stay and the bloodshed to continue. Let me guess, the return of the Somali state is the nightmare end of your 18 year dream of seccession.

^ When have I ever said I agreed with any Djibouti agreement?

Castro   

then in that case we are safe from seeing the sight of good old Mr. Castro trying his luck with us, in-order to deny the existence of Somaliland on the basis of "Dialectical Marxism".

Deny the existence ..? lol.

I didn't take a vow of silence atheer, I said I would take a break. And I will.

And just because you (and LANDER) are paranoid, does not mean they're not out to get you.

Carry you on lads.