Sign in to follow this  
Chief_Aaqil

New Somaliland Cabinet!!!

Come on People, where are you suggestions?

If I would ask Puntland people to come up with candidates for Minister post. They wouldnt wait one second to recommend themselves and their uncles.

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

^^
:D
if you say so,

If her people ask her to become Minister. I am sure she will accept.

But what do you mean Independant thinking people? first you say we have to look judge on their merits and if I do, you object?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Chief_Aaqil:

Come on People, where are you suggestions?

If I would ask Puntland people to come up with candidates for Minister post. They wouldnt wait one second to recommend themselves and their uncles.

Things don't work that way though. Siilaanyo and his Kulmiye party led what Norf usually refers to as 'the coalition of the fed up' and now the horsetrading must begin. A man who was certain he'll get a post in a Kulmiye cabinet three years ago should count himself lucky if he gets a 'thank you' phone call. Wax fahan.

Anyway, what are you, M Society in disguise? :D

ANTARA   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Antara, walalo just because there are
plenty
others with such tendency it does mean it is okay or tolerate it.

Walaal it's easier said than done. Many members who are heaveweights within kulmiye wouldn't be around if that was the case. what is needed isn't a blanket disqualification but rather another solution that gives people better ways to channel their bent up anger. I say let the democratisation process run its course..

Saalax   

Chief_Aaqil , why are you so eager on bringing politicians who are not even pro somaliland on the board when those individuals will most likely be disloyal to somaliland? I doubt your makhiirian authenticity.

Originally posted by Libaahe*:

Chief_Aaqil , why are you so eager on bringing politicians who are not even pro somaliland on the board when those individuals will most likely be disloyal to somaliland? I doubt your makhiirian authenticity.

His a poser.

Originally posted by Libaahe*:

The fact that she is not a chearleader for ***** doesnt mean she is against her people and her land.

NASSIR   

Chief Aaqil, you sound more like a SL insider, but you can sense the sentiment against the people of Maakhir for their well-known anti-secessionism stance. They are the most die-hard anti-secessionist block in the former British Somaliland--a reflection of their independent spirit, long civilization, and support for Somali unity.

If you are a true Maakhiri, I suggest you don't try to be a party-crasher.

I know that the Gees family happen to be a third generation Berbera residents. They have the least connection to their ancestral homeland. Cadami and Hoori and the likes pursue their own personal interest.

NASSIR   

Women's Rights in Islam and Somali Culture
- A study.

Academy for Peace and Development, commissioned by UNICEF,Hargeisa, 2002.

English, 40 pages.

I found this interesting study from your link by the Academy for Peace and Development. The APD seems to have written so many resourceful books on "Somaliland". Check their website's link.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

^^^
:D:D

On the contrary,
dear lad
. For, it's only in your mind, with it's peculiar habit of seeing everything through the
"prism" in which the skulduggery that the politics of
Kenya
is, with it's rotating nonsense that is akin to that sort of saying now it's the
"Kikuya"
that is ready for the feast of the nation's treasury; and perhaps it will be
"Kelinjis"
in another time to eat the nation's fat; or for that matter
"luos"
, will indeed have their day under the sun to staff themselves with the national cake; could only think that a
"patriotic feeling"
in which one may have for one's nation is really masking such an
"insidious agenda"
of one's own, indeed....
;)

Particularly, since that is the sort of
"politics"
in which you are so adeptly familiar with, specifically, in that neck-of-the-wood call
Kenya
, and it's version of
"dividing-the-spoils"
. Since it was always the case ever thus, that the
"winner"
takes the lion's share, nonchalantly; and others to boot wait their turn in the destitute pavement of
Nairobi
whilst shivering with cold and hunger, indeed...
icon_razz.gif

Regards,

Oodweyne.

And what's wrong with that? :D We're getting there with our John Githongo's and what not. Hopefully, one day this shameful practice will be beaten. However, we know how to do it in style without causing a civil war, do you? icon_razz.gif I just hope and pray you do. If not, I hear Garissa Lodge is offering evening classes :D

NASSIR   

Oodweyne, you know I was trying to get one of his books about Somalis' connection to the ancient Egyptians. Any info?

Haatu, what do you think of the East Africa Common Market Protocol?. I was really impressed by that agreement and its implementation though it's too early to know its potential benefits to the countries under the Protocol.

Haatu   

Nassir, all I'm going to say for now about it is i'm not won over. As you know, Kenya's economy is much larger than those of Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. So there's a risk that entrepreneurs from these said countries will flood into Kenya taking up all the business opportunities and land, so there's real scepticism in Kenya. I personally think Kenya has the least to gain from it but time will tell. But the scrapping of tariffs should encourage inter-region trade, so that's a positive.