Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Is having a Wedding Important?

Cabdow   

Me name calling? naaaaah not my thing wallaalo.

Ps: I prefer raaliyo over dahab-qodo :D that's all. Besides, can't a brotha state his opinion without being labeled? War ileen tan oo kale...

Aaliyyah   

(hala'i arko hala'i maqlo type) is nothing but a dahab-qodo

if that isn't name calling ....i dont know what is. Maybe you should state your opinion without talking ill of others. I want a lavish wedding insha allah and I wouldn't like someone calling me .. dahab qodo ..or ha la i arko ha i maqlo type.am sure there are tons of men who would be more than happy to give their wife the wedding she desires and deserves. So perhaps you should learn to respect other people's choice.

Cabdow   

^ Kuseey, i don't understand waxa ku hayo qofyahay. My previous comments weren't directed to you 'per se' they were more like general opinions (or rather my own perceptions) of what i think of certain (dhiig-yacab icon_razz.gif ) xalimoos. Having said that, waxa la yiri "Far iyo meel bugta iyada is og" Marka do me a fav, hawada iiga bax nooh (adoo raali ah smile.gif )

Btw, before aadan geeshaliga tuurin. Let me assure you, it's all in the name of kaftan :D

Aaliyyah   

just learn how to respect ppl, and refrain from calling them " dahab qodo, dhiigyacab etc" ..

no one is asking you to offer a lavish wedding ...there are many women out there who really don't care about having a wedding . I can even point out a few of your type in SOL icon_razz.gif

Som@li   

When you say “Lavish”, how much are we talking about? smile.gif

Can u please send me a quote? ;)

Xanjeex, adeer busaarada gabdhaha kala fogoow? Rag bahasha quuraya baa jira. :D

Ameen   

And the total bill will be around $25,000

Like DAMN! smile.gif

Im saying though...what if the man brought that money to the table and said, "hey baby, here is the money you wanted and you can play with it as you like BUT just a suggestion. How about we use the money to start our new family? Or we go to hajj and send one extra month in Medeenah, looking around and getting use to the Prophets city? And after that, we can travel around the world instead of throwing the money into one BIG night that most people will forget about in a two days or they'll have nothing good to say about it (thats ofcourse if your talking about the unIslamic weddings :( ) "

If he proposed that, what would you say?

Haneefah   

^an extra month in Madina or Mecca sounds enticing. I've seen honeymooners who've opted for that option. A blessed way to begin a family!

Ameen   

I know, isnt?

If only the women of our Time would request such a trip, then we wouldnt hesistate to show them the MONEY smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

Dahabshid, I would say 30 000. But, there is always room for accommodation depending on his income. Ofcourse, I haven't included other expenses...this is just the wedding smile.gif

Ameen am sure there are many women out there who wouldnt mind going to makkah for honeymoon, dnt sound so pessimistic.

Nuriya   

30K for a wedding? That has to be some kinda dambi.. There's nothing wrong with having a wedding but why spend an exorbitant amount of money? Gaalada can get away with it, b/c they're gaalo..but talk about israaf, I couldn't sleep well knowing that I've spent that much money on a night of nonsense (hadaan somali nahay, it's nonsense, never been to an organized somali wedding in my life) when there are some muslim ppl all over the world who don't have a dime to call their own.

I guess I just don't get it.

Malika   

Ameen,that sounds ideal.Only happens when the two involved share the same outlook in life..

Aaliyah,I see your sticking to your guns..Lol,girl just be wise with that much money.A girl I know had one hell of a lavish wedding,later on while on holiday I visited her at her new home[she migrated to be with hubby]and to find them living in a studio flat[tiny]..common sense would have been for them to use those thousands of pounds they wasted on that one night in Hilton to buy even a two bedroom house..oh well they have the wedding DVD to show their children how the blew up almost 60 thousand dollars for one night...

Nephissa   

now seriously, how do you go to Makkah and Medina for a honeymoon? doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of honeymooning..y'know.. the whole 'shebang' thingy. :D . How do you expect to go about it when one is busy doing cibaado Allah day in and out. [istaqfurulaah]

loool Nephthys, you can sneak it in-between, as long as you cleanse before hand there shouldn't be a problem...Maybe those who opt for it, delay their wedding night to afterward, it is more to share an spiritual connection...Bee bye

Malika   

Lol Nephthys....Actually,one should not be doing cibaado day and night,there are times for prayers,times to sleep ,to work and times to play.. icon_razz.gif

It makes the whole experience 'wholly'dee..Lol,astagfirullah.

This reminds me of a question asked by a dugsi macaalim[Zanzibari]after being driven mad by the nutty Somali kids,she asked do you people start with rebuking the sheytan and saying bismillah before you do the 'shebang'thingy..waxaan aad dasheen,they are not normal..Lol