Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Is having a Wedding Important?

^^^ Don't surpirse him with "Yes! I have been waiting all my life for you to ask" icon_razz.gif

i think it will take someone to put a gun on your head and ask you " Are you going to marry me yes or no" Am sure you can understand the consequence of "No" under such scenario! :D

Cheers

This is acctually interesting question, I am glad someone brought to our attention. I noticed the only videos/eg. movies we somalian like is wedding videos......that acctually become our true movies...lol. It is sad to say it but when you go over to a house...they welcome you make you shax and sweets and greet you with wedding videos.

And I even heard crazy stories where in a different country where a guy would watch the wedding video like a girl who is in it, find out who she is contact her. And you know the ending they get married.

So, I like watching Lavish and extravently done somali weddings. I even watched one they did it like a documentry where the camera man shows the bride and the groom dressing up the day of the wedding and displaying how they feel. Interesting.

I watched a wedding that was soo sooo beautifully done, atleast over 20,000 would have went to that night, and it is sad to say they got divorced after 2 years of marriage....so, I really don't know if it is worth it......people still watch the videos anyways.

The question is....are we throwing these lavish wedding because we want the status and to pride or are throwing it because we want to measure the love we have for each other (for example the love meeter...would it goo really high because we spent too much geez....what if we spend small money....does that mean we don't have the same love for each each other....I don't know..I am just throwing these questions.

That is how I see it...

Charming, I think if u could afford a wedding then u should have one. But most Somalis can’t and it’s morally wrong to have these big weddings. Plus how reasonable is it when there are millions of us with uncertain futures and have to go to bed every night with no food because they can’t have a descent meal each day. Then comes the Very late wedding parties that will try to serve food that no one would bother to eat. Since the divorce rate is getting bit high u would think we should concentrate on the MARRIAGE it self then the wedding party and its extravaganza.

Having a wedding is important because it is the most important day of your life (for girls). If u can afford go for it. When people want have a nice wedding they make it mixed but it doesn't have to be mixed and u can make beautiful. Insha'Allah my wedding would be the one i have been dreaming about since i was little girl. Money goes, money comes, but u can have a nice wedding one time in your life.

Kool_Kat   

Aaliyah, waad la heshay...Do not settle for anything less...If he can't afford that ONE special night for you, what the hell can he afford? Shoot, don't let the door hit you on your way out ku dheh baan ku iri...No beating around the bushes...

As for having a wedding, lavish or not, it is important for any girl/woman to have a wedding or something to mark that ever sooooo special day...

If you can afford it, F-L-A-U-N-T I-T!!! :D

Cabdow   

Alla maxaa meeshan Qob-moosa la isku dhigay.

When y'all get off the high donkeys, beynu dhulka isku meet gareen. Till then, baabuurta iska ilaaliya.

Dahab-qodo.com is not my cuppa tea icon_razz.gif

^^ It's not about money, dear. It's about love. If he loves her, he'll fork out anything for her. If she loves him, she won't place a heavier financial burden on him than he can afford.

See?

Cabdow   

^ Your absolutely right barwaaqo, that's the way it should be (or should have been) But unfortunately, reality tells otherwise!!

P.s. It says in the old (Faara-xite) testimony that " An out of the ordinary lavish aroos yearning Xalimo (hala'i arko hala'i maqlo type) is nothing but a dahab-qodo, she doesn't know and will never know what jaceel is. Meeshaad ku aragtaana cagaha wax ka daya, while shartooda ka cuudu-bileesaneesaan the lugooyo creatures icon_razz.gif " (14:11)

Forwarned is forarmed, sax?

Aaliyyah   

^^There is no need for name calling. Just state what type of girls you prefer, and move on. Khasab mayaalo mesha...