Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Should Somaliland allow the formation of a unionist party?

Bashir is entitled to his opinion. However, I doubt there is any country in the world that has a party that wants to dismantle it from within. He is quite right when he says it is a ludicrous idea. Even if were to entertain this absurdity, a unionist party would only be allowed to function inside Somaliland. It would still be treasonous for individuals or groups or political parties to take part and represent Somaliland in international arenas/conferences, especially when they claim they represent Somaliland and take part in a hostile government such as Somalia. Until Somaliland people wish to unite with Somalia, taking part in a government in Mogadishu is treasonous; period.

THE ISLAMIC PARTY OF SOMALILAND. Thats a party i would vote for, please god forbid a turkish type ata turk secularist system.

what has ata turk done for turkey, people drink wine and beer under aya sofia..the grand mosque of istanbul.

May Allah destroy all those who fight against his religion and those who distort it for their own filthy gains like the alshabab.

I agree with Bashir. Allowing the formation of parties with diffrent idiologies would show that Somaliland reached political maturity and has self-confidence about its existense, and past the sensitive infant stage.

Let the people decide and dont decide for them. That is what democracy entitles.

A party that wants to bring the anarchy of the south to your living room. The person who comes up with this idea needs to be sectioned for his own health and safety..

Carafaat   

Abokor, how a party that advocates for cooperation with Djibouti, Somali region of Ethiopia and NFD? Isnt that also seeking Somali unity and cooperation?

You would have to be dumb, deaf and blind to have anything to do with people who kill eachother and want you to join in the killing. What kind of human would want to exchange his peace for a daily war to survive. We did it ones never again.

Fool me ones, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Carafaat   

Abokor, Buradheer, I truly understand your reluctances against forming a centralized Union State with Somalia. We have seen that it didnt work and led to destruction, chaos, suffering and a state of statelessnes. That road led to nowhere. Only an ***** would not learn from past mistakes and make the same mistake again and again.

However Bashir Goths article and my personal opinion is that we should debate and (or people should have the opportunity) to discuss what kind of future we see for the wider Region and what kind of relationship we want between Somali's in the future. And at the moment the political debate across the region(Djibouti, Somaliland, TFG, Somali region of Ethiopia, NFD) is dominated by those looking inward(in Somaliland for example UCID, UDUB and Kulmiye) while those looking outward are hardly heard or represented. While maybe they would have some interesting suggestions or new roads that have not been trying before.

And I say, let them come up with their ideas and let people judge for themselves. And we should not make the same mistake as the Somali regime like silencing political acticist who have other kind of ideas. We know where that led to.