Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

The Truth

Originally posted by J B:

But according to almost all the religions i heard of , a Deity is trying to reach us and save us from ourselves and what not, but chooses to communicate with us through few choosen people, Cæteris paribus ?

You know Johnny, you might be one of those chosen few but it is pity that there are no useful donkeys in these threads to preach your gospel.

I don't know why I dig this up smile.gif

^That sounds like journey. I lack the discipline to undertake such mission,besides I'm easily distracted by trivial things like how Kim Kardashian looks in tight jeans or by the next shiny object in the stores.As for my own truth, it's only an inch deep and a mile away ;)

Paragon   

There is no 'Truth' out there I have come to deduce, but I am unwilling to expand on it lest that is used to brand me an out-right heretic communist. I am good, though. I have come to learn that there is good out there; whether good is seen as the 'Truth' or not is neither here or there.

It's all hot air.

^LooooooooL..Otay but on flip side, if one does discover the truth. What would it do for him or her. There is any value to it and does it have any consequences for us.

Paragon   

^Nothing but massage the ego that one has found it at last. The truth has no value by itself, I think. But it sure has an element 'fashilaad' to it, especially when it comes to which fat lady really ate the remaining bit of the wedding cake. The look on her face? Priceless! :D

Truth is a comprehensive term that in all of its nuances implies accuracy and honesty: “We seek the truth, and will endure the consequences” (Charles Seymour). Veracity is adherence to the truth: “Veracity is the heart of morality” (Thomas H. Huxley). Verity often applies to an enduring or repeatedly demonstrated truth: “beliefs that were accepted as eternal verities” (James Harvey Robinson). Verisimilitude is the quality of having the appearance of truth or reality: “merely corroborative detail, intended to give artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative” (W.S. Gilbert).

Positive   

If I may add my input into the discussion it is that Truth ( in its religious connotation) has lasting effect on the person when it benefits him in practical ways he can readily recognize in his Life in here and now. It is in fact happiness that everyone of us is seeking both in here and for those who believe in the here-after. That is why some of us become religious or spiritual. Others seek money and other material commodities but mainly gain neither satisfaction nor happiness.

Initially what the religious person wishes is to come nearer to the Creator and in the process get the help and by the GRACE of God be delivered from the ills of Life. Among the ills of Life is ignorance! Ignorance of: 1) Who you are. 2) Where you come from. 3) What you are doing here. 4) where you will go when your Life in here is finished.

Someone who wants to get the above answers is among other things called seeker- of the Truth.

When the answers of these questions are sufficiently revealed to a seeker in a conscious level LOVE becomes the reward. Wisdom about the creation and its relation to the Creator is gained and then.......real and relatively lasting happiness reigns. The Seeker becomes at PEACE both with himself and with his environment.

Isn't it happiness that which everyone is seeking? Then as I said the key is self-(re)-membrance.The reason one becomes unhappy is because mainly he has forgotten who he is and what his relationship is with other forms of Life. Unless this is addressed and sufficient answer is gained the person is prone to suffer of mental ills, emotional upheavals and other discomforts of Life. Anything short of realizing your Self as Spiritual Being, and realizing the others as equal Soul of eternal Life, is comparatively childs play and in consequence does not give genuine happiness to the person.

It is claimed that it is when the seeker realizes Self and after that realizes God that Truth then benefits him in abundance in practicals ways in his life in here- and also in the here-after.

The Awakener2

TopGirl   

The truth for someone is knowing the origins and historical background of something. Now what that thing is, differ in how you conclude the truth. To me truth means the religion of Islam. No matter where I am, who I am debating with, what we discussing and whether I admit the truth or not. I have realised that I have to know what Islam says about it and therefore I have to conclude in the way our religion says. for example if we are discussing the issue of abortion, as every religion, culture has its own view about this topic, I always lean and agree what Islam says about the truth. The truth is something that we have been told already in the Quran and hadhith.