Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Is it ok for a chick not to know how to cook?

Ibtisam   

^^^cheeky people. How come you only envisage yourself as tried, and tortured for having to fill your own belly? What about her, unless your going to allow here to sit at home on a throne all day doing jack nothing then i presume that she too will be tried, and would rather just feed her own belly rather than come home and cook too!!

and i thought teh world was fair!1 redface.gif

Khalaf   

^^^^

Hey, hey don’t make me out to be that bad guy here. Walaalshiis, everything depends on the relationship. If I am working, and she stays at the house it’s only fair that she cooks dinner-is that too much to ask? Our guidance is our nabi (saw), he helped around the house, washed his own clothes, did domestic work, so I am not implying we do nothing and let the wife do everything in the house. A marriage is partnership; 50/50 both should contribute and help each other out. If both are professional, then that is different story and tough decisions and sacrifices have to be made, since children are involved. Peace

Pucca   

Is it ok for a
chick
not to know how to cook?

Its more than okay, chicks are suppose to grow into chickens and lay eggs, there's never any need for them to know how to cook. smile.gif

nemo   

Is it ok for a chick not to know how to cook?

Its more than okay, chicks are suppose to grow into chickens and lay eggs, there's never any need for them to know how to cook.

Pucca, come on you know what I mean...what's with the childish jokes? And I thought I was done with immuture people since I just finished high school :confused:

mantra   

I can make tea and eggs..

I have no qualms about living on sandwiches..

no one else matters to me..than me..

My answer..as long as you dont starve, life's good. If mr mantra gets hungry..then mr mantra better pick up the phone..

Originally posted by nameless_chick:

Salam everyone I was wondering if it’s ok for a Somalia girl not to know how to cook?

Under NO attenuating circumstances is it ok!!!! I can't over stress this point. A girl/woman must know how to cook. If not, then that girl/woman is a failure... first and foremost as a human being, then as a daughter, sister and a wife if so lucky. What are you (as a girl) good for if you can't cook? Lead, rule, invent, innovate, fight, protect? Nothing, nada, zilch... absolutely diddly squat.

You're what's called cilmi bacaac, seduced by Western lies about gender equality and all the crap... then you got the temerity to ask ****** question, with your shenanigans and all here --the premier somali forum on the net. Get the hell outta here... go on walk about, dance with aborigines, chase crocodiles, feed kangaroos or something. We don't need little confused and Kufar catechized young girls stirring our little serene and still pond called SOL. Go away and never come back!

nemo   

Under NO attenuating circumstances is it ok!!!! I can't over stress this point. A girl/woman must know how to cook. If not, then that girl/woman is a failure...

Listen Homer simpson, Im a failure says WHO?

As long as I have my religion, education and xishood....and of couse respect for my parents...I am the most successful girl in my eyes. So a little cartoon guy is not going to put me down.

You're what's called cilmi bacaac, seduced by Western lies about gender equality and all the crap...

With this much hatred against the west I guess you have had Bad experience in Canada..did little sister went out of control..I hear that Canda somalis are out of control..

yes I feel you're pain :( (don't worry I will pray for her and you're family)

Get the hell outta here... go on walk

You must have been dreaming when you wrote this!!! ok I will leave :rolleyes: NOT

You will be seeing me alot around

cheers mate

Pi   

I remember I took one culinary class in high school. Most of my freinds made jokes about it, but I really had the last laugh. This class gave me more time to focus on my other classes, so in the end, I got better grades that semester, ate almost every other day, and learned how to cook some nice meals and deserts.

Pucca   

Originally posted by nameless_chick:

quote: Is it ok for a chick not to know how to cook?

Its more than okay, chicks are suppose to grow into chickens and lay eggs, there's never any need for them to know how to cook.

Pucca, come on you know what I mean...what's with the childish jokes? And I thought I was done with immuture people since I just finished high school :confused:
i have a thing against the word "chick".

btw congrats on just finishing highschool.

nemo   

mashallah on you're grades...keep it up if you still studying....

If a female harrasses you, she likes you~~ Xoogsade Principle.

LOOOOOOOL that was funny, I better watch out dont want people getting the wrong ideas.

mantra   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Under NO attenuating circumstances is it ok!!!! I can't over stress this point. A girl/woman must know how to cook. If not, then that girl/woman is a failure... first and foremost as a human being, then as a daughter, sister and a wife if so lucky. What are you (as a girl) good for if you can't cook? Lead, rule, invent, innovate, fight, protect? Nothing, nada, zilch... absolutely diddly squat.

quite the bitter one arent we?

I doubt your mother, sister, wife (if YOU get lucky) would appreciate your belittling them... to the point that you so haughtily exclaim that women are good for nothing other than cooking food.

You're what's called
cilmi bacaac
, seduced by Western lies about gender equality and all the crap... We don't need little confused and Kufar catechized young girls stirring our little serene and still pond called SOL. Go away and never come back! [/QB]

much as I would love to sit here and type a long reply to your nonsensical garbage... I have the God given ability to recognise a lost cause when I see one..

therefore i'll leave you with one question..

where on earth did you learn that having no culinary skills constitutes apostatizing?

:confused:

I bet in the same school where you learnt women were created for no other reason than to cook for you..

Ibtisam   

^^^^Guys loool;^^^ SB is just pulling your legs. Or he has joined the police of SOL who try to dictate how everyone should walk, talk and act like, as well as what you should know, understand, and project outwards. The ultimate dictatorship. :rolleyes: don't mind him, he is just an old frustrated and bitter man. :D

-Lily-   

Cooking is easy and if you enjoy cooking you can taste it in the food. I think the idea that cooking is incredibly hard is overated, you can manage to sit exmas but can't cook? I love cooking and most of all I love cooking for my Abo and Hoyo.

Pacifist   

Originally posted by MALAIKA:

hi chick,

i dont think u r alone... i nver really cook besides my early morning coffee. its not that i dont like cooking but i never really get the chance to cook....some think my mother really spoiled me but thats not the case...i was actually a better cook when i was younger an living in South Asia.am sure i do have some cooking skills that i dont utilize..

so, dont worry u will learn how to cook 1 day.

A.A

Girl U are definately spoiled :D Ahh and I was thinking when I come u was gonna cook me suugunto and teerso, just kidding. ;) .

Like blessed said its good for u in the long run because you cannot live on fast foods. My cuz always said she doesn't know how to cook. One day while she was left with my brothers kids and We were all at the hospital, I was rushing home to cook food for them and I come home and found food cooked, not only did she do great job but its was yummy too. I told her why did u say I don't know how to cook this is yummy.

Sooner or later u will be forced to cook for your kids, husband or family. Might as well learn while u at your hooyo's house. Being the youngest and after all my sisters were married. Me, mom and my brothers and my mother is very traditional, she believes girl is supposed to woke up 6am and that was in africa. 6am cook the beer(liver) not alcohol :D and canjerro or Laxoox. I used to hate my brothers I was like these damn boys making me lose my sleep. Lakiin am glad she did that. When we come to America I was like boys get the cereal baby huuh and hooyo aint here. kix kix Weekends I do cook when am home though. Try it ladies its like some stress reliever and enjoyable.