Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

Atkins Diet Vs Somali Physique

Macalin   

I was having probs with my laptop!...anyways this is wt i meant by this:

What i actually had in mind is the co-relation between.,the aitkens diet and the physical looks of the somali MAN.

Since its mainly protein rich and eliminates all the carbs in ones diet, is it then possible to associate, the aitkens diet, with the physical looks of all somali men? I.E SLIM,TALL and Slender THIN LOOK?

Since, our staple food has always been meat and more meat..and less carbs!

*Waiting for the smart ones

ZOLA   

LOL.... i tried the Atkins died for 2 weeks and i was done with it..couldnt do it anymore...u could loose anywere btw 10 to 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks. it really workds if u can live without carbs...

i like South Beach better...

Nomad...r u trying to go on the Atkins?

A.A

Pacifist   

I don't know how people do it but sorry i will kill anybody who gets in the way of my Pasta and Bariis and my Roti..... :mad:

I tried it and no way i only lasted four days couldn't take it

Water healthy mind you pasta, bariis and roti sometime healty but not all the time and a little of exercise can do the magic trick.

Play Soccer you will lose lots of weight

i dont think there is any correlation between somali physique and the atkins, we all know somali diet is loaded with carbs, from cajero to baris n basto to mufo. i think the somalis physique is due to mainly genetics and environmental factors such as food availability.

the biggest fallacy of the atkins diet is to make u believe that u can eat all the protein n fat u want and still lose weight, thats is a lie.

research shows people lose weight on atkins because when they go on these diets they consume less calories, after all how many steaks can you eat without all the carbs loaded foods.

plus atkins diet puts a huge strain on ur kidneys.

the south beach diet is alot betta.

but again research shows all diets are waste of time and only 1/20 lose weight n keep it off using diet programs.

secret is to burn off more than u consume. and that requires some sort of exercise.

Kruella   

I don't think that the "smart ones" are doctors or dieticians, so if you allow me to say my piece. Thank you****

All I can say is the dude who invented the Atkins diet DIED of a heart attack. That should tell you its efficiency, however most people who swear by the Atkins diet aren't exactly "somali men" type of body. So one shouldn't associate the diet with mali men coz even blubber guys, and out of shape somali women have the same diet as the skinny ones.

In everything there is balance, so eating too much meat isn't exactly healthy, check out the average somali man's life expectancy, clogged arteries I tell ya.

And last but not least, the reason somali men are skinny is due to the frequent mobility (a.k.a nomad) and the environment they live in. It's most certainly not due to the meat intake.

Salamz

Macalin   

vanquiush:

i dont think there is any correlation between somali physique and the atkins, we all know somali diet is loaded with carbs, from cajero to baris n basto to mufo. i think the somalis physique is due to mainly genetics and environmental factors such as food availability

......Vanquihs sir, the somali i was talking about is the somali of pre italians/britishs(and or during that period)....but yes genes,those genes, could it be again from the protein rich diet they had....that we got the genes from our ancestors, coz they ate meat only?---AM told diet plays a big role in genetic composition of a human being....an example is ,simple one,the early humans who fed on meat and foraged grass, had bigger jaws and longer cannine teath..why was that? one might wonder?, because you had to survive!,-its subject to debate as am not a close thing to bilogist.

Kruella: How about you look at it this way, rapid movement + a LOW CARB diet,is a sure recipe for a slim slender 'Slim shady'?...of coz only darker.

on a side note,where the hook u been? ;)

Gediid   

Aduun a Nomad talking about the Atkins Diet.What next maybe a day at the spa or bikini wax if thats what they call it........... :D

Originally posted by Gediid:

What next maybe a day at the spa or bikini wax if thats what they call it...........
:D

huh, doesn't everybody here get a bikini wax every month? icon_razz.gif

Atkins and Somali can't be the same...

someone who's skinny because of being on Atkins is that way because they chouse different foods....

Most Somalis are that way because we have no food :D

....remember "the skinnies are coming" from the black hawk down?

Curly   

The Atkinson diet is probably the worse diet around!

Because you’re eating no carbohydrates at all your body is forced to use up all the stored carbohydrates in your body. Carbohydrates are usually converted into glycogen and stored within the liver and using up this supply will eventually result in cirrhosis of the liver much like that of heavy alcoholics.

Therefore you can conclude that staying on a diet like this will either kill you because after using up all the carbohydrates in your liver your body started burning off the carbohydrates in your muscles . Eventually you will start to dissolved you body from the inside out, so technically you’re eating and digesting yourself!

or it will make you sicker than a life-time alcoholic!

So I wouldn’t recommend that diet to anyone, much less try it!

As for it’s relationship to the Somali Physique, Lakkad you’re way off, you see as many before me have stated, our traditional Somali food is rich in carbohydrates. In fact our diet is pretty balanced, therefore by saying that there is a correlation is practically contradicting yourself!

As our wise friend Vanquish_V12 said, the male Somali physique is due to genetic or environmental factors. Most Somali people are tall and slim due to the climate in Somalia, call it natural selection or whatever by I believe that our physique is best suited to the life style our ancestors lead, as desert Nomads.

Anyways I hope this cleared it up a little, and that I didn’t just state what everyone else was already pointing out!

And by the way, the reason why Somali women in Somalia have large rears is due to environmental and climate factors coupled with genetic traits. Women all over the world are known to have a higher fat percentage than men and so in the dry and harsh climate in Somalia, It’s understandable our women are lumbered with large rears.

It’s all about survival! :D

curly,

u r mixing two seperate functions of the liver, first of all liver damage such as cirrhosis is caused by over burdonin the liver with to many toxins such as alcohol, drugs etc..

but the most important liver function is the hemostasis of blood sugar level. now anybody who is taken biochem can tell u, when we have an abundance of carbs they r stored as fat, n latter on burned as the supply of glycogen is depleted. therefore, there is no need for carbs as long as u have fat in-take as source of energy which atkins promotes.

however, the problem with atkins diet is since much is not know about the implication of increased ketone bodies in our blood and possible damage to kidneys due to increase nitrogen content in blood because higher protein consumption.

Curly   

Vanquish...I am a woman please do not undermine me unless you're willing to reap what you sow!

Thank you :D