Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Somalia - blessed / cursed

Blessed   

According to Legend, the Puntite Kings of Egypt refereed to Somalia as the Land of God. However, in 1968 when a certain Sergeant Shriver visited Somalia with a Peace Corps sent from the US. He referred to it as the land that God forgot. Considering, that the later reference was made before the civil war. How can the difference in opinion be explained?

There are those that may argue that Allah challenges his creation to grow spiritually. And would hence argue that Somalia (the world at large) is Allah’s land of challenge. Do you agree?

On the other hand others would argue that, Allah rewards the faithful with material wealth – would that make Somalia – a land forgotten by Allah?

I think it’s a bit of both. We are set challenges in order to be rewarded for our perseverance. However, once we forget that challenge and fail to acknowledge the purpose of our existence – than Allah forgets us. <--- Based on a hadith, whose proper wording that I’ve forgot.

What thinks you?

* note*

Somalia refers to the entire region making up the former Somalia proper. Can't be bothered with differentiating borders, as this isn't a discussion of politics as such.

Sophist   

Allah does not transform a society until they themselves alter their being.

I think that is the closest I can get to it.

Our ppl forgot Allah Laws.Brothers (Muslims)fought each other because of thier tribal ties and not on the merit of their religious beleifs. The Prophet SAW says in a Hadith that the murderer and the Murdered both will enter hell.Our ppl Muslims bro n sisters fought killed raped u name what just for our own interest. May Allah forgive those who have passed away and for the rest of us be a lesson to hold on to each other on religious beliefs.

LANDER   

I don't believe in such things as God blessing one land over another, the first statement would probably be more accurate in that Allah presents challenges at times to his people. Take for example my country of residence here in the great North. Canada is abundant in ressources but the climate can be very harsh. In fact it is so harsh that if Canada where a third world country it would be almost impossible to inhabit this land in great numbers. The climate and the living conditions would be almost impossible to beare. Instead this country is one of the most develloped in the world and probably has the highest living standard. I don't see why the Somali lands wouldn't be able to achieve as much; now of course we can't get ahead of ourselves as history plays a significant role in these matters and most of the third world was forced to play the hand they were dealt. Nevertheless, by belief is that God helps those who help themselves.

well said conspiracy...I honestly believe Somalia was cursed the sheikhs which Siyad Barres goverment murdered. what crime have they committed? non! is it a crime to be muslim? to teach Islam to the nation? coz that was what they were doing and for doing so they were cold bloddedly murdered. and now Somalia is facing the consequences. simple as that!

Somalia is not cursed. It is simply a nation trapped in culture of ignorance and arrogance, and lacks the will to transform itself.The Somali culture despite some infusion of modernity have never really grew to accomodate the needs of modern day Somalis.

BN   

Somalia is blessed to be 100 percent Muslim.

Somalia is blessed to be free of OCCUPATION and COLONIZATION

Somalia is blessed to speak one language.

Somalia is blessed to have one culture.

Somalia is blessed to have a second chance.

Salaam,

I do not believe that Allah has 'forgotten' Somalia or Somalis. This is another challenge put before us which must be overcome; indeed the very fact that He is challenging us should be a sign of hope for all Somalis.

At the same time, we must not lose our faith in Allah. The purpose of this challenge, I believe, is to bring Somalis back onto the straight path. Before 1991, we were far less religious than we are today due to the secularization and westernization of Somalis by successive governments as well as the colonial powers which preceded them. Today, large sections of Somalia have reverted to Shari’ah courts to bring 'law and order' to their daily lives.

We are making progress but there are still many issues which must be dealt with (such as Qat) before we can meet, and more importantly, exceed our pre-war socio-economic and political levels.

Wasalaamu Alaykum