Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Am I missing something?

It is often stated that the events of September 11, 2001 changed everything. September 11 changed nothing. But it did allow the worlds superpower to "test the water" in order to assess what measure of global resistance it might confront (and from what quarters) in this the "New American Century", which will demand that it pursue and gain control of essential geo-political and strategic imperatives. The opening moves in this grand chess game have seen the attack on Afghanistan and occupation of Iraq. The negative stereotyping of the enemy is under way and the focus of multi-media propaganda. The "War on terrorism" has become entrenched in to contemporary life, though it is not a war on terrorism, but rather one against Islam.

A BBC survey has revealed that the majority of British Muslims consider the "war on terror" to be a war on Islam. More than half those surveyed believed Osama Bin laden and his al-Qaeda network should not have been blamed for the September 11 attacks on the US. It is common for Muslims to believe that they have replaced communists as the West's enemy. This is blamed mostly on the fact that the inappropriately coined "war on terrorism" with its lack of clear goals generates much speculation about the wars real motives and aims.

Two years after that which is now universally known as "9/11" the people of the Middle East can see that a culture of hate and prejudice is being sown by some of the domestic allies of the Bush administration on the Christian far right. Whilst the finger is being pointed at Arab States in general by the administration, it is Islam itself that is evil according to mainstream fundamentalist America, and as a consequence the enemy of America's contemporary interpretation of " freedom" and "democracy"

Originally posted by Steve:

Could a billion people, abroad and at home, really be looking to destroy the United States and freedom?

Steve,

In america, we call it PARANOI! Get a grib buddy and figure out the difference between Politics and Religion!

hmm!! steve, i guess the worst killers in the history of human kind like hitler, stalin and the likes are exempted from your fantasy story here!!

i am not really a pyschic, but somehow, i get the feeling that your next big step is to blabber that u is a christain!! i will let u throw that up!!

N.O.R.F   

"Could a billion people, abroad and at home, really be looking to destroy the United States and freedom?"

mmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,mmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,nah better not comment,,,,,,,,,,

AYOUB   

Libaax

I don't really blame Steve. He is a victim.

Thanks for that Libaax, till I read that I was thinking he was one of SOL team's great productions ;) .

BTW Does anyone know why Cismaan Gadhlee's avitar is no longer available for selection? :confused: