Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Thoughts on Personal Attacks and Other Abuses!

"Generally, a personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when examining another person's claims or comments. It is considered a personal attack when a person starts referencing a supposed flaw or weakness in the poster's personality, beliefs, lifestyle, convictions or principles, and use it as a debate tactic or as a means of avoiding discussion of the relevance or truthfulness of what the person said. It works on the reasoning that, by discrediting the source of an argument, e.g. the person making it, the argument itself can be weakened. This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the attack is directed at the person making the claim and not the claim itself. The truth value of a claim is independent of the person making the claim. After all, no matter how morally repugnant a person might be, he or she can still make true claims."

I know many of you folks here avoid to get into polemics, but there are (or atleast were) those who enjoy the diatribe and the repudiation of their opponents with pejorative comments. Is such behaviour becoming the norm for Somalis on the internet? Should the voices who are prone to deride others and goad them into ridiculous qabiil arguments be heard on Somalia Online? Or is there an obligation on the staff of Somalia Online to uphold our values as Muslims, and never allow for any deleterious comments to be posted.

Give your thoughts nomads. Thanks in advance.

Coloow   

Ina Libaax sankataabtey sxb, the problem is the thread called "politics" which is very popular in somali websites.

Discussing political issues by somalis is laded with tribalism and regionalism- the main causes of our cancer. We are not mature enough to discuss politics without having the binoculars of tribalism on our eyes.

Asalaama calaykum bro

Gabay somali ah baa wuxuu ahaa...

Baadida ninbaa kula daydaya daalna kaa badane

Oon doonahayn inaad heshaa daayin abidkaaye Dakina idin moodayaa duul wada socdoo wax u dahsoonayne...

It is very rare to find in this days a somali who aknowleges guusha walaha kale let alone

to respect and understand their ideas.

Faheema.   

Somali proverbs are the best I have come across, yet they fail to acknowledge its significance. Here is a maah maah in Somali that says “ey is cunaysaa waraabe iskama celiso”.

Bal maxaa isku keen diray hadaynu Somaali nahay?.

Do we get some kind of “great satisfaction” just because we disrespect a fellow Somali?

nothing else but IGNORANCE~~JAAHILNIMO :eek:

PPL! stand-up 4 country! dont be a dhabadilif!!

Ohoho! i used a big mali word! who is going to explain this to cheap & Clean! fish & chips, OG & clan! Nigga Property! folks! please dont help them

let them figure this one out!! yo no cheating!!.

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Should the voices who are prone to deride others and goad them into ridiculous qabiil arguments be heard on Somalia Online?

Never!

is there an obligation on the staff of Somalia Online to uphold our values as Muslims, and never allow for any deleterious comments to be posted.

Yes!

Coloow   

Sophist

____Quote:_____________________________________________

The more I engage with Somalis the more I expect less of them

Come on brother/sister..be philosophical here... aren't you a somali yourself?

You know what...We are suppose to be ourselves while saying our opinions...And i do agree that for some, tribalism and qabilism stuffs gets to them and they lose focus...And at those times, it is appropriate to delete or warn them...But what i don't understand is the admins problem with someone calling another a ****** ..Because lets face it, i seen ****** people around here..And if they met me in real life and made such comments I would have said "you so ****** " as a simple fact..So what i want to say..Admin are getting to paronoid and too strict and not creating a reaslitic environment..therefore forcing people to be not who they are in real life and therefore it defeats the purpose of "nomads expressing their opinions" because it's not really 100% their opionion. Au revoir.

LANDER   

Libaax,

sahiib overall you people are doing a good job, I feel more attention could be paid to indirect attacks by means of manipulative tools such as discrediting individual merit. But all in all, you people seem to be doing well, keep it up.

Pig   

The shady culture embraced by adolescent Somalis on the net is perhaps irremediable.

How will the community recover is the real question.

Salaan...

Libaax, dee inan yahoow edebta daran, wax aan ku idhaahdo garan maayo; dee marka wax uun isku fal, ku eegi, kula taliye, dee wali uuna sidii baas baa uun tahay. Meel alla meeshii uun kasoo dhacday ha ahatee, ee dee edebtii iyo dastuurkii baa kugu yar ee inanka yar oo qadhmuunka, qurunka iyo qashinka ah bal uun bax shaqo yeelo.

:D:D:D:D:D Aww...kikikikikiki. Ar Libaax yaa iga celinaayo. Soomaali maxee ku maahmaahday? Libaax xuux la dhahay, xalaal aas kaa dhiganaa. Hayeey!! Libaax, duqa, that was a clear shoot nooh. Hakaa saarto, I think I misread the title, was it saying 'personal attacks and other abuses on me' or 'thoughts of personal attacks and other abuses?' Oobis, then. Waaba kugu practice-gareeyi nooh. cwm26.gif

Macsalaama!!