Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

My observations on nomads/aliens in this forum.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Salaams to you all,

It has been sometime! Time has elapsed and indeed a feeling of postmodernism leaves us all gasping for more energy (at least that is how I am feeling—perhaps I am getting on) but to no avail. Such panting and wheezing is the actuality that makes some of us the real US. Am I loosing you or you are perhaps with me here my fellow reader?

Consider this (uuh, I am with great effort trying to employ an analogy most of the dwellers of this forum may relate to us—hey MUJAHID don’t send me to COVENTRY because of this) a house party. The party is organised by a Somali chap and his invitees come with somewhat dilapidated attires; upon seeing this my dear host becomes livid!. Why is the question one needs to ask? is my fellow host being out of touch with reality--- I am sure I will be falling with a lot of people here with such unbecoming example and the brush with I am using with no specific regard! but hey!!. Indeed, a fellow should know his fellow; that is the whole essence of being a fellow. Or perhaps this fellow after a conscientious training of becoming alamode he requires certain antiquate from his star-crossed fellows—as far as clothing is concerned-~?

Now my dear boy entrepreneur; it is good to feel such irritation but to air it in this manner is to overlook the forum writers pervading culture. I for one have enormous amount of views but to air them would be nothing short of trying to walk on water. My dear boy, as Maskiin Macruuf said; it is wise to leave those guys alone in their Newtonian inertia.

A good departed friend (Alaha unaxariisto) once said to me “The more I get to know my fellow Somalis the less I expect from them’ not far from the truth I say.

Sophist

Nicely put walaalo!

In the words of the legendery Omar Dhuule;

" Hadii aynaan Heshiineyn, wa inaynu kala Hadhnaa, Kala Hawl yareeysanaa"

I just so happen to be listening to that song. Good advice, I think ;)

Coloow   

Sophist you wrote:

"Now my dear boy entrepreneur; it is good to feel such irritation but to air it in this manner is to overlook the forum writers pervading culture. I for one have enormous amount of views but to air them would be nothing short of trying to walk on water. My dear boy, as Maskiin Macruuf said; it is wise to leave those guys alone in their Newtonian inertia."

lol Newronian inertia. I wonder how post modernism concurs with newtonianism? this are the views of contextual relativism of the likes of hume and kuhn!

Sophist   

Salaams,

Amiinaah! woow cimrigaaga oo dheeraada geel dhalaaya waa kutussaa! you have agreed with me! This calls for festivity! perhaps a merriment day in the first of July?

Enter.....

uuh and there I was thinking simplicity is the prevailing thing in our age! then again such a supposition bound to be rebutted by a chap who takes great pleasure in dropping by phrases like contextual relativism!. My dear boy, Newtonian inertia can also be in the academic side of things! perhaps we all habitually suffer the art of being !!!!! us !!!!.

Sophist

Coloow   

Sophist you said:

"uuh and there I was thinking simplicity is the prevailing thing in our age! then again such a supposition bound to be rebutted by a chap who takes great pleasure in dropping by phrases like contextual relativism!. My dear boy, Newtonian inertia can also be in the academic side of things! perhaps we all habitually suffer the art of being !!!!! us !!!!."

Could be! by the way I realise you use "chap" and " boy" modestly. Is this in any way a statement from your part that you are dealing with a novice?

wondering....

Blessed   

Salaams,

Amiinaah! woow cimrigaaga oo dheeraada geel dhalaaya waa kutussaa! you have agreed with me! This calls for festivity! perhaps a merriment day in the first of July?

Oh dear! What have I done :D

Well, I am not one to turn down an invitation to merriment with fellow nomads. In fact, if it involves bariis and busketi.. then I am definately in. Besides, I was running out of reason to celebrate the 1st of July but this is a good enough excuse.

However, I hope this doesn't in anyway commit me to a 'nacamle' type of agreement with you (Heaven forbid!!). As much as I respect your peculiare views, I would hate to frequent agreements with you as this might put my life time membership @ the inner city kids anti elitist club ;) *joke*

Note to self: be very vigilant of who you agree with :D:D

Kidding bro. Easy :D

Sophist   

Salaams

Entrepreneur

These are English words and by no means do I employ them to decry or disparage you my dear old boy.

Being novice (I do not know another words in the English that I could utilise here that would be smaller in weight! Perhaps the English language is not as rich as we are told it to be: in Arabic Daalib would be the direct translation but you can have tasqiir of this word and that would be Duweylib) is a labour my fellow—that is its true sense and trust me I don’t employ it flippantly. Anyhow, I am sure you have surpassed such category; perhaps a learned old boy may suffice huh!

Aaminaah,

And you could not leave it at that huh! The quandary of a self-effacing lady! My darling to agree with a sophist is jolly thing to do generally though sometimes we have no choice but to disagree because of persevation of some image!!!!@lol

Sophist

Coloow   

Sophist: Afka carabiga iskuma fiicnin oo intii yareeyd oo quraanka laigu soo baraynay labaajaay iga aadey. Laakin BOY af somaliga waa KUREY,IGAAR, WIIL etc...

But I get your point

Originally posted by Ameenah:

[qb]

However, I hope this doesn't in anyway commit me to a 'nacamle' type of agreement with you (Heaven forbid!!). As much as I respect your peculiare views, I would hate to frequent agreements with you as this might put my life time membership @ the inner city kids anti elitist club
;)
*joke*

Note to self: be very vigilant of who you agree with
:D:D

Kidding bro. Easy
:D

^^^^^

what a cold sista..ouch

back to the topic.....Baashi...my brotha I don’t think all of us come here for the mere intellectual stimulation...I know when I log on am generally tired and in no mood (or fit state) to engage a rational debate with a fellow nomad...lighter weight topics seem to appeal to me...& it doesn’t hurt to crack a joke every now and then...whether it’s frivolous issues or prevalent ones...it’s all healthy icon_razz.gif

Baashi   

Infatua.5an,

I like jokes too and I do check the Jokes thread quite often. I’ve even become a fan of underdog’s posts. Now! Whether u r stressed, bored, or generally don’t like to engage the rational debates, u wouldn’t, I take it, label a hater the person who disagrees with u when, if by any chance, u do have discussion with some1 with different point of view. U don’t have to be impolite, judgmental, or mean person to make ur point. I’ve made an observation and wondered… That’s where I’m coming from sxb. U don’t have to agree.

king_450   

Wow Bashi, you have spoen Bro, but reality is this somalonline forum, is a soft and low motion site, it is kind of waking up and realizing that ur in dream world, what i mean is , when i first joined this site , i liked and i still do , don't get me wrong, but on my first day i received a WARNING ,MAN WARNING, that i have to be quiet and don't opinionate or critic anything at all, so it is a different kind of site, so don't judge so harshly , nothing is being said here wholeheartedly, i think is being gagged here by the admn, and maybe that is why you can't get the true say of what is on peoples mind, this is just a SLOW MOVING SITE. GET IT

Deeq A.   

This is what we have to go through every now and then.

king_450, the following is the private message you recieved on May 27th, 2003 from Admin.

King, we welcome you to Somalia Online.

Please remember that I spotted you attacking other nomads more than once. I will take this that you are still not familiar with our strick rules. Please respect others and avoid vulgarity/profanity on the forums. There are 3 moderators keeping an eye on you because of complaints from other nomads. I hope you understand our rules. RESPECT is all we demand.

How did you interpret the above pm? What would we have against you brother? Did you want us to treat you differently from the rest? If you are saying you never insulted/attacked anyone, the record shows otherwise. We saved all the posts and the nomads you attacked are still here :D .

King, warnings are given out daily to new members. They are nothing personal.

PS: next time you have an issue, please private Admin and discuss that with us.

salaama

king_450   

Dear Admin, am amazed by how serious it is getting this place, you are saying i have attacked Nomads/Nomadetes in here , well then let's make it public since you said you have all my attacks in public , and let the Nomads/Nomadetes be the witness, cz all i have done so far was only and only express how i feel, not personal attack, yes i did tell some one that don't they have job to do, is that an attack, wow

ok let me look at the dictionary and find out what the word attack means.

Attack:the word itself can be either Verb or Noun

and it means, one of the followings.

1 : to set upon or work against forcefully

2 : to assail with unfriendly or bitter words

3 : to begin to affect or to act on injuriously

4 : to set to work on

5 : to threaten (a piece in chess) with immediate capture

synonyms ATTACK, ASSAIL, ASSAULT, BOMBARD, STORM mean to make an onslaught upon. ATTACK implies taking the initiative in a struggle.

so my dear admin , i have not done any of these, all i did was speak up , so once again i think we need here to little bit hold down and let we be wee's. No insult in my part and i think i just mentioned my first encounter in the site, if that makes you guys unease then , i will definetely head different sites. Let It Be

king_450   

And by the way , yes i did appreciate for the wlc, so thanks again for that.but let's just pass this nickpick and move on. Ease and Peace

plz let us have common sense prevail here and try

a fresh start. king, i particularily havent suffered any abuse on your behalf, and admin! please make accusations public so all judge. i suggest all of use our brains and behave and bro/sistas. cuz together we a make a difference!!