Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

My observations on nomads/aliens in this forum.

Deeq A.   

Originally posted by king_450:

so my dear admin , i have not done any of these

Speachless.

I won't call you a liar. I will just assume you forgot. You are a human-being afterall. We all are.

But here are some samples to show that we weren't lying when we said you broke the rules.

On May 26th, you wrote:

school has nothing to do , when it comes to ur being, damn fool it shows how ****** u r , connecting b/w school and tribe, they are not related fool

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000301;p=2

On May 26th, you wrote:

skinny somali , that is an insult how dare you call that, you have no idea that somali women are the most gorgeous women in the universe, so when you have to open ur damn dirty mouth you better have the backing of it, just do not isult ppl and don't have the facts, it only shows how little minded you are , ******

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001562;p=4

Now, what do you call "insults or personal attacks"? On our "values" book if you call somebody "****** , fool", you are insulting them. Insults are considered personal attacks. :D

King, we are not here to argue about "you did this and you did that". The bottomline is brother you broke the rules on different occasions. You have been told to respect others when you signed up for an account. Instead of acknowledging your shortcomings, you have tried to make us the villain for giving you a simple warning. Perhaps you didn't realize that all we were trying to do was just to "KEEP THE PEACE".

salaama

Rokko   

Oh boy, King_540 is busted red-handed. lol

Here is a quote from my friend Lander

king_450, sxb no offence, but its very hard to take you seriously.

I always knew that Admins keep copies of all threads and insults. i saw this before. lol

Anyhow, brothas, let us respect the staff and each other na'mean? Let us make this even a better place na'mean?

It ain't nice to be mean to each other and call each other names na'mean?

And if ya do it, just admit it and say ... "aight, aight, I am sorry Admins" namean? It ain't right to deny yo mistakes and denounce everything good about the site.

One luv ya'all

cool.

Coloow   

Salaama calaykum:

Adminstrators thanks for giving us the space to air our views. we know that you put alot of efforts in making this site a wonderful place to visit and leave views that could enhance the image of somalis.

Compared to somalinet you have certainly done a marvelleous job. It is true that there is a limitation to excercising the familiar but impotent expression of "freedom of speech".

We are human beings and thus bound to error or pass poor judgements or leave messages that could be intepreted as "profane" or tribalistic. I hope you would understand this. Our brother KING has used some improper language which he then regreted- it is a welcome gesture.

What about the flags and the nicknames? is this permissable? Don't get me wrong I am not attacking any region or person, but flags and nicknames do have a tribal connotation. don't you think so?

xiis   

Toloow meeshan ma waxa leh NSStii hore. Waa iga kaftan ee waxaad moodaa mar kasta in wax la cabudhinayo. Waar dadku ha iska nafisee u debciya.

Blessed   

Sophist

And you could not leave it at that huh!

Just had to clarify myself dear, no offence intended (but I am sure, you've already gathered) ;)

The quandary of a self-effacing lady! My darling to agree with a sophist is jolly thing to do generally though sometimes we have no choice but to disagree because of persevation of some image@lol

Nice bit of humour you got there. HAHA!!

Originally posted by Infatua.5an:

what a cold sista..ouch

That is not cold darling! It is a reer London thing, so butt out of it - intending to sound cold here!

Enter...

What about the flags and the nicknames? is this permissable? Don't get me wrong I am not attacking any region or person, but flags and nicknames do have a tribal connotation. don't you think so?

Walaalo, I think the nomads should be given the right to express pride in their identity. Everyone is from a region and we all have different political affliations - so there is nothing wrong with expressing it (as long as it is done in a respectful manner). Taking away that liberty in a sense supreses the true character of the nomads.

The problem with some people is that they refuse to accept and respect the opinions of others without getting emotional and insulting. :rolleyes:

[ June 10, 2003, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Ameenah ]

Coloow   

Ameenah, walaal, I would be the last person on earth to advocate for censorship! That was not my point. It is true that every person descends from an area and therefore have the right to show and express views that reflect his own area.

But a tribal minded person could also use the same arguments. couldn't he/she? I would love to illustrate with examples but I am bound by agreement.

I know this is a dilema and my intention was not in any way to refuse people the right to use whatever they wish.

AYOUB   

Baashi, i agree with most of your original post too bro, but then again, what is trivial to me might be important to some.

Entreprenuer, its the second time you mentioned flags and nicknames. If i recall correctly your first post gave three examples before you editing. I don't find anything wrong with those nicknames or their avatars. They might give a clue to where the person is from, but what is wrong with that? Your mind gave tribes to the nicknames and avatars, so don't you it is you who has a problem? Let us asume for a sec that the nicknames or avatars have tribal connotations, why should that bother you? Even the Qur aan said we were devided into nations and tribes so that we may recognise each other.

I believe it is a good thing that people from all regions, countries and background can come to this forum and express themselves. If they want to make the place more vibrant with their drums and banners thats cool too. That's just my opinion.

Xiis

Toloow meesha ma waxaley NSSti hore.

LOL you always make me laugh. Lets hope not. ;)

Sophist   

Ameenah, quite dary sense of humour you might add; suprised you have indeed found it whimsical-- or perhaps you were being sarcastic!.

Enter: walaalkiis waa saa usheegtey waxaan aan xirno nooh!. let me post an issue on friendshp.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Infatua.5an,

I like jokes too and I do check the Jokes thread quite often. I’ve even become a fan of underdog’s posts. Now! Whether u r stressed, bored, or generally don’t like to engage the rational debates, u wouldn’t, I take it, label a hater the person who disagrees with u when, if by any chance, u do have discussion with some1 with different point of view. U don’t have to be impolite, judgmental, or mean person to make ur point. I’ve made an observation and wondered… That’s where I’m coming from sxb. U don’t have to agree.

Baashi I don’t have to agree... However, this time I choose to...disagreement is a bliss in my eyes...it’s what differentiates u from me...all we can do is respect and tolerate our diverse perspectives...

Further more who cares if someone classifies u a ‘Hater’??..u shouldn't be living in this world for a mere human being's approval...ilahey le ka baq..words won't kill u

LANDER   

I wasn't expecting that from you Entrepreneur. That is all I have to say.

Coloow   

hey Lander saaxib, The name of this thread is intellectual social discussion! OOH Lord, I am on the defensive here!

Saaxib anigaba magac naanees ayaan leeyahay- haddii aan isticmaalo waxaay xaqiiqdu tahay in dad badani aay ka qeylin karaan! sidoo kale, waxaa laga yaaba in dadka leh meeshani aay iga ceyriyaan.

Run ahaantii anigu ma kala jecli wuxuu qofka isticmaalo laakin aaradeeydu waxaay ahayd inaan soo bandhigo rayi ku saleeysan arrintaan.

marka saaxibiyaal dhamaantiinaba haddii aad u qaadateen inaan ula jeedo qof gaar ah, raali iga ahaada..oo sabeen iga hooda!

Sophist   

Waraa dhalinyaro duqaan Entrepnuare maad kaqaleysaan, qofku ra'yi wuu soo jeedin karaa, hadii aadan ku qanacsaneyn ra'yigaas waxaa lagama maarmaan ah inaad si dabacsan oo walaaltinimo kujirto aad ra'yigaas banaanka umarisaa hadii kale waa sharaf ah inaad indhahaaga kalaabato.

Sophist

Baashi   

Infatua.5an,

Further more who cares if someone classifies u a ‘Hater’??

Unless u r a hater, it should concern u the fact that someone took an offence something that u have said or implied. It might be a misunderstanding from ones part. Inquiring what makes one go that far helps clarify the fuzzy thinking in ones mind. Again the post didn’t say whether I care…I’d just observed that some nomads resort name-calling as a part of their articulation to make a point.

u shouldn't be living in this world for a mere human being's approval.

U are drawing wrong inferences from that post. It is bit of a stretch to make such premature assumptions. Thanks for the advice anyway.

ilahey le ka baq..words won't kill u

Shukran for reminding us that. Allah aan ka wada baqno. Words! Do they kill?