Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Cilmi Bodheri --- Love or Lust??

As i read some of the late responses something came across to me...Not sure if that was the intended thought from poster or not...The underlinning theme it seems that love and lust are vastly different emotions...As if emotions can be defined in clear lines or compartementalized in certain area due to the action a person takes toward another...Between love and lust or hate and love there only lies a thin line and so invisible at time it can be crossed un-noticebly...Just cause this author penned the love feelings so exquistly doesn't really tell he was indeed in love and therefore that was how he tapped into those poems...I remember watching a biography about Dr. Seuz the "cat in the hat" children's book author, where it was mentioned he didn't understand children or as matter of fact didn't even get alonged with them...Yet he wrote a children's book...Bottom line is, just cause of what he expressed is not only reserved or felt by people just in love, many love literature were written by people who never fully experienced love...And obsession or lust is strong as any love because it over takes the senses of a person and who knows what they might be capble of writing...Hope i made sense i didn't have time to proof-read...Bee bye

raula   

<---- wished one would loose his "MIYIR" over her like this poor dude :D .

Looool..wat made me laugh reading some of the post was that..some say "HE WAS THE BEST LOVER..WHO COULD EVER LOVE" :eek: Lovers are incapable of loving(<--from my slang translations) icon_razz.gif

Bess.   

i think that sometimes love and lust run parallel and can't catch up with each other.....in some cases people expereince lust alone and love alone but when u get both is the best...having the hots for ur hubby.....or wifey.....the best.... ;)

ps....poor cilmi seems overwhelmed with the whole thing it seems possible that he was a little unstable to begin with....not being able to let go...i mean shit happens...its reality live with it....bro be a man....languishing away....sounds so medievel....and maidenly....reminds me of a romance book...... ;)

^^^thats why i think hes still loved. people can relate. even folks whove never been in love bt have secretely admired someone from afar... it always feels like it hurts forever or youll die miserable bt its usually not so. except for him it was. i dont know why exactly bt i kind of admire that. that he didnt let go of her. i guess his story makes romantics of all of us regardless of what he was feeling. than there is the whole muse factor. how did hodon inspire such feelings in a man shes never spoke to? why her? its kind of beautiful and depressing at the same time... which makes it even more beautiful. smile.gif

So did any of you guys find the books. I would realy like a copy and see what the big deal is with this guy. I keep hearing stories second hand. If anybody out there in camel threads can lend me a copy I would realy apricaite it.

raula   

Originally posted by Koya:

Greetings to ALL of you from US to UK and around the world. Habari yenu wote, natumaini hamjambo kabisa na mnaendelea vizuri na maisha hapo mlipo...nawapenda wote.(This is swahil to those who knows it and to those who don't it's is simply a word of greetings)

hiyo lugha kuna wengu wafahamu lakini kenye sifahamu ni mbona unampenda YESU MKRISTO icon_razz.gif umekuwa kama wale jehovah witness wa marekani au ni WAKORINO wa kenya kila sunday wanakimbia na bendera yao na ngoma-salaala :Dicon_razz.gif .

Karibu mjomba :D

Bess.   

Originally posted by Koya:

On my side and speaking the truth this is LOVE:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the TRUTH. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. LOVE NEVER FAILS."

Whenever you want to find out about LOVE if it is present/exist or not, measure it on the true definition of Love above. Can you find it in your marriege, or your so calling best friend(will your best friend with all the love that you think he/she have foryou, be willing to give up his/her life for you that you may continue to live?), can you find it on that very person that you have been thinking of getting married with, or is it present in your very self/heart or your family, or is it at your work place? If not look for it like if you have been told you have only one day and chance to life in this planet earth.

Peace be upon you all....na Amani iwe pamoja nanyi nyote/wote

My Heart searches for the true LOVE...l love you.

sounds a little far fetched ...

:rolleyes: i think u r thinking of love as it exists in books and fairy tales....real love i think is about all emotions both good and bad....for u to think that it embodies only the good is a little naive,in reality its multi dimentional....or atleast i hope ;)

Raula said

hiyo lugha kuna wengu wafahamu lakini kenye sifahamu ni mbona unampenda YESU MKRISTO umekuwa kama wale jehovah witness wa marekani au ni WAKORINO wa kenya kila sunday wanakimbia na bendera yao na ngoma-salaala

:D:D Raula ni wale ambao walikua wanakimbia usiku wanaitwa WaaIsraili

usiku mzima wanakimbia wakisema"yesu yuko wapi" kisha mwingine anasema"yuko south c" halafu wankimbia mpaka south c kisha mwengine anasema"yesu yuko wapi" kisha mwengine asema"yuko estleigh" halafu wanakimbia mpaka estleigh.Usiku mzima wanakimbia tu.Hebo wachastori zako zaa ki kristo hapa wewe.Kwenda kanisani!!!

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by M-illa-tnt:

So did any of you guys find the books. I would realy like a copy and see what the big deal is with this guy. I keep hearing stories second hand. If anybody out there in camel threads can lend me a copy I would realy apricaite it.

Just Search Online. Type "Cilmi Boodhari Poems" or "Cilmi Boodhari" and you will find websites. Most of them written in Somali if you can understand smile.gif

Hey Everybody! For almost 6 weeks i've searched the full story of Cilmi boodhari! My mom Had already told me the most of what i read here. + the man Hodan had children with was my mothers uncle. icon_razz.gif funny huh? i thought so too. icon_razz.gif But the reason why i was doing a research is that, i'am Working on a film script. pretty cool to see somalis only romeo relive? hehe. i'd like help from all of you because i need this story from every prespective and every individual just so i can create better characters! so if someone/anyone! could send me a privat massage with The title " Cilmi boodhari" and your story/All you know!.. I'd Appriciate it. Thank You.

NGONGE- Your prespective is as much appriciated as any other, i really need it, but ofcourse it must be related to the story. and what you know about it, and not how you feel about it. if you know what i mean, PS: words on screen become action on screen. icon_razz.gif hehe

Originally posted by besbaaso:

quote:Originally posted by Koya:

On my side and speaking the truth this is LOVE:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the TRUTH. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. LOVE NEVER FAILS."

Whenever you want to find out about LOVE if it is present/exist or not, measure it on the true definition of Love above. Can you find it in your marriege, or your so calling best friend(will your best friend with all the love that you think he/she have foryou, be willing to give up his/her life for you that you may continue to live?), can you find it on that very person that you have been thinking of getting married with, or is it present in your very self/heart or your family, or is it at your work place? If not look for it like if you have been told you have only one day and chance to life in this planet earth.

Peace be upon you all....na Amani iwe pamoja nanyi nyote/wote

My Heart searches for the true LOVE...l love you.

sounds a little far fetched ...

:rolleyes: i think u r thinking of love as it exists in books and fairy tales....real love i think is about all emotions both good and bad....for u to think that it embodies only the good is a little naive,in reality its multi dimentional....or atleast i hope
;)
____________________ ____________----____ _______

I love the way you put it in words, i really felt the emotions that you wrote down.

But don't you think, love is more "believe" than True? I'd say love comes when you believe in it, and only than can you know if its true.

I'am sorry if i'am being rude. But its as we somalians say it. Boodhari The man who died of love, if that is the case, then love proves once again that it rather kills hope than create a dream? Or maybe it just depends on how you see it, or choose to see it.? wouldent you say? icon_razz.gif hehe..