Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Cilmi Bodheri --- Love or Lust??

LOL-I'm about 4 years too late with my reply it seems but I must say that having read all the replies I agree with master Che-son. Love-lust? pretty difficult to separate like Scorpion said. However, I believe there to be many forms of love-and Climi was probably hit with the one that most fickle men are suseptible to ie the "love at first sight" phenomenon.

Others may disagree as to its credibility but I actually think its valid and if it isn't? Then why does such a sentiment exist? In all forms of universal poetry even? Coincidence? I think not.

Dear Faheem,

Thanks a lot for your interesting question about Elmi Bodheri -if he really loved Hodan or just wanted her for lust!

In response to your question, I would suggest you read the whole story about Elmi not just stick on one point. Perhaps, he did not interact with Hodan much because of some reasons but let me tell you that he tried much to meet her and indeed he met her several times but the problem was that such matter (his love poems for that girl) was very new to Somali culture that resulted to be considered shameful and aggression. On the basis of that Elmi failed to get his love and ultimately he died.

In addition, if the person is eager for lust (craving of sexual intercourse); it is unlogical to recite such poems so this seems he was a victim of love with its highest level until he was dead.

Thaks so much, again.

Abdirahman H. Nur

Islamabad, pakistan.

NGONGE   

^^ It's like one of those replies you get when you write a complaint letter. :D

But the best part was this:

it is unlogical to recite such poems so this seems he was a victim of love with its highest level
until
he was dead.

Words evoke images and those words above called to mind an image of a dying fish. Ever seen a dying fish wriggle? :D

Faheema.   

^LooL@Dying fish, wax waalan.

Dear Abdirahman H. Nur,

Firstly, thank you for your informative and insightful letter.

Second, I'm terribly sorry your expectation of my question [posted April 2003] was not congruent with Cilmi’s reality.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this has cause you.

Yours sincerely,

Faheema

London, UK

Dear Faheema,

Thanks very much. I think you need not to apologize me because we were just discussing about and interchanging our ideas regarding Elmi's love story.

I did not mean to show you that I got disappointed of your question but merely to share my impression with you on Elmi's story. You have a right to raise any question which is running through your mind.

Thank you so much again.

Best Wishes.