Sign in to follow this  
dawoco

Lets get married

dawoco   

Weddings are happy occasions where we women get to dress in our diracs and feel like brides assisting the real bride, except that we aren't stuck with a husband at the end of it.

We get to eat, shake our baruur eat some more and criticise everything in sight.

It is more fun being a guest at a wedding than the bride. It is horrible the way our brides have to sit like dolls and eveyone can tell them where to go, how to sit when to smile.

I wouldn't want to spend hard earned money for others to enjoy themselves on my behalf.

When i get married i want to be the first person on the dancefloor, and the last to leave. I want to jump baraambur when my mother is praised and i want to put my garbasaar around me and do niiko like there is no tomorrow. And of course, singing along with every song as loud as i can!

As for the food, i want to eat as much as i can, after all it is my wedding!

And being able to go home to my mommy afterwards would be fun, to gossip about who wore what and who looked fab.....Does one need a husband to get a dream wedding?..

I haven't totally lost the plot, but doesn't it have a nice ring to it girls?

salaam caleykom

lol oh my god, sis u are funny walaahi, u know what somalis would say indha adag arooskeeda eey ka booda (something like that i would dance at my wedding too but it wont be a typical somali wedding and trust me the buranbur thingy would only be on the 7th day cuz the 1 day would be my fantasy wedding , 3 day for my girls to plan , and yeah that sums up my traditional/non traditional wedding but i agree i will dance when i want, i wont do the buranbur jump , just on music ;)

Rokko   

LOL Dang gal you killed it...

Thought I ain't into these wedding celebrationz or faarax'x 'n xaliimos spending their hard earned money to pay for hotal/DJ's and get all that critics at the end with no one appreciating. But I think the whole idea of having this kinda celebration is to make the two partners feel like king and queen for the night na'mean. When you sit above everyone and watch as xaliimos/farax's shake their thang, which is a bawdy thing for a freaking wedding nam’ean but ..u feel they're all there to entertain ya LOL.. Once again, some dig and some don’t

Dawaco,i couldnt agree with you more walaahi. I hate when i see somali sistah not even cracking a smile at their wedding, either their scared (how all the attention is on em) or simply arent the party-dancing duet. It's something we do automatically, regardless of how wild and crazy one was years ago, things change -espically the wedding night. But trust me, i wont be looking stone on my wedding inshallah...and no i wont do baramuur lol..are you mad? - I aint tryna get all sweaty and sh1t (come on now)...gotta stay beautiful all night loooooooooong lol. Dont know about ya'll but i'm diggin the somali wedding traditions at times na'mean(its entertaining) and Damnit i am somali (aren't i)- so why am gonna run away from own culture?- you dont see indians or chinese people running to be americans do you.....so am make sure to collibrate both my life style into it, (somali (since i was born there) and (north america-since i grew up here)ya feel me.-they go hand in hand..

Anywho that's my in take on it....

1 smile.gif

nuune   

dawaco you know,waqtigii la dhihi jiray waxaa loo yaabaa markaad aragtaan naag ka tumaneeso arooskeeda laguma jiro

bood bood walaashiis,niiki,istuur,barxadda hakka cabsan,wax qas during your wedding,ha nixin,xanbaaro xariifkaaga,it gives you great spirit,and that is what the wedding is all about

Haneefah   

Originally posted by dawaco:

And being able to go home to my mommy afterwards would be fun, to gossip about who wore what and who looked fab...

Really?...As much as I'm a mommy's girl, that night belongs to none other than me and that lucky guy!

But I feel you on the other stuff, I've often wondered about it myself...so yea, why not eat your own wedding's food and dance a little and have FUN...after all, it's YOUR NIGHT...but I wouldn't wanna go as far as niikis and buraanbur...I don't do that as a guest led alone as the bride.

Captivating...naga kala aayar bahasha dee...we know your gonna sit and look all pretty and shy the whole night ;)

Gediid   

Without having to have Amina Ilyar doing her buraanbuur,without Asha doing her thang or a Xaliimo getting down on her knees with shake it down Niiko..Or how about Ali Jiis not having to borrow his roommates over used suit or Cisman not having to stand all night beside the wall eye every Xaaliimo's behind ,cant we just have a Somali wedding without all that.I always hope that my day would be simple get married in a drive thru Muslim "chapel" more like the ones in Vegas and more like a wam bam thank you sir type of a wedding ceremony.Before you know it me and my Casho are getting our freak on in an exotic island away from Somalis iyo Ma arkeys attitude.

Possible, I dont think so but there is no harm in dreaming.......... smile.gif

maajo   

dawaco bis,ehehehehehe..it should be nice to do so cuz is ur hard earned money.is ur night but the quesation CAN U? no for sure u cant horay aya lo wayay...lakin kabebey ka ciyaar sas wakugu raacsanahay..if u can...lakin barabur manuraayo...i mean ..sida lo ciyarayo is totaly mad..adigi arosada aha waw .sis waa iha qosolsisay

Liqaye   

Somali wddeings are to expensive people get divorced with in the year and all that is happening is gossip, gossip, gossip.

Even if can afford a big wedding i WILL not do it, private affair very close freinds and family members.

period.

I almost had a stroke AND a heart attack at the same time, when i heard a 7even day affair.

Xafsa   

lol...its like they're putting me on display. I should be labled showcase number one. smile.gif

Either i'm gonna join all the people down on the floor having fum or I aint having no wedding. I'm gonna sit there while all the xaliimo's and Xaawo's dance and sing?...heeell nooo!!

I would prefer traveling.....but Dawaco I'm not trying to get off the topic...I don't see weddings as fun at all....maybe 'cause I never been to one!

sista's stop tripping! u just cant have your cake and eat it too! its against the law of physics really! try something else like sitting next to your husband and being respectful, after all, its your nite and u wanna do it right! icon_razz.gif

A7LA-SHU   

Originally posted by rudy:

sista's stop tripping! u just cant have your cake and eat it too! its against the law of physics really! try something else like sitting next to your husband and being respectful, after all, its your nite and u wanna do it right!
icon_razz.gif

rudy that is the point it is our night so we ladies wanna have fun instead of sitting there like sanam.. i mean come on.. is just boring spending all that money so u can just sit there?? heck no not my wedding.

Gedid sweety what kinda wedding is that?? i would tell ya when u wanna married whoever that casho will be make sure she don't have family here so u can take her that drive thru.. u is pure ghetto fab wallahi lol.. but u sure made me laugh thou..

Dawaco i hear ya. im not sure about the eatin part coz im the type who cann't eat in public let alone freak somalis looking at me lol.. but the dancing yes.. i told my mom if i make married they gotta have 90% of the songs i like(which won't be somali) and i better dance to them with my mom, siblings and close friends not some strangers that i don't even know their names.. i truly hate that when the dance floor is full and the bride is just dancing with weirdos, some stepin on her dress. im sorry but that is just too ghetto..

MD   

blah blah blah.

lol whats wrong this aint your thing eh?

It is horrible the way our brides have to sit like dolls and eveyone can tell them where to go

Your sooooo right, I guess its something they believe I dont know why the brides cant have fun and dance around , I've been to couple of weddings and yet to see a smiling happy bride who's having fun. This one time this wedding i was at, the mother made the bride sit down cause she was on the dance floor too long :D