Sign in to follow this  
Naden

Black women and ANGER

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by makalajabti: [Q]If Those black people in the projects are so lazy/****** that the only thing they can think of is to deal drugs and raise their children in rundown blocks, there is nothing the world can do for them. It's their own fault, not the white men's burden [/QB]

Taking account into the long term psychic damage incurred from slavery and generational abuse might help you understand how difficult it is for these blacks to free themselves from poverty and lack of education. In america, your grandfather's success translates into yours most often and we know majority of blacks live and stay and ultimately die in the gutters they were born. Majority of them don't have the means to leave and seek other opportunities in America. I as a somali refugee who came to America as a free man with all the amenities the US government could offer me in terms of education, housing, and other opportunities had better chances of making it than most blacks who were born and raised here had.

I used to be upset with them for letting themsleves down assuming wrongly that their condition is self-inflicted. Although to a certain extent that view may be true, what Edward Blyden said holds true: " Every race has a soul, And the soul of that race finds expressions in its institutions, and to kill those institutions is to kill the soul... No people can profit or be helped under institutions which are not the outcome of their own character "1903.

From being abducted and chained, hauled into a ship from Africa to American slavery, to false freedom and institutionalized racism, Blacks had been struggling all their life and were always making ends meet. It is easy to understand their anger and utter distrust to a white system if you read some history of black america. There is more to the ugly realities of a ghetto life and drugs than meets the eye.

Although I am not going to be thankful to a specific group or persons in America, I do believe their struggle and survival in America helped pave the way for me as a black person to be accepted in America.

Fresh thinking is required in black America. Though America is no racial utopia Sxb and no one can stop the black or blind, who is determined to succeed in America or who wants to "play the game."

The highlights of such social dysfunctions in black communities as low scholastic achievement, crime, drugs, and family breakdown that have not improved in the two full generations since the passage of the Civil Rights Act. There is work to do and it must be done by black people, regardless of how whites behave.

Xoogsade   

It is not that easy saxib. Imagine in a society where you are shunned and if you move into an area, all the whites move out? Eventually, businesses move out, the public school in that area loses substantial amount of money because the tax paying whites have moved out. American system is designed to help the rich get richer and the poor poorer. I don't think blacks haven't tried to better their conditions. They can only go that far without substantial help of government support. How about pay for their colleges? expunge the unncessary records most black males have so they can apply for a job and work? Although there is an image problem, and the whole society thinks of blacks as lazy worhtless beings, most of them would get out of their dire situation given the opportunity me thinks. My Sr co-worker is black and he is very educated in what he does and taught me everything I know at work :D Millions like him exist if they get the chance. At-lanta Georgia is a good place to see how some successful blacks made in America.

-Lily-   

Whilst these problems can be appreciated, I refuse to accept that it's a condition that will paralyze your entire life. Any human being can help themselves regardless of their past experience.

Naden   

Along with fresh thinking, some strong and accountable leadership is sorely needed in the Black community. However, racism is so entrenched in American institutions that many will find it difficult to lift themselves out of poverty for a long time. The issue of records is raised before, with young men unable to get nothing but the lousiest of jobs when they have a record, never mind the application processes that are part of apartment renting, car leasing, and even college admission. Not to excuse criminal behaviour but the system is largely set up to discourage second chances. Then there is the issue of collective punishment with young black men with no records of any sort being shut out of so many jobs.

Janna   

Originally posted by bartender:

^^
I have a obsession with Dirac? I do have a collection, though I don't think its a form of obsession. Heck, let them whether it anywhere.
>> so You collect them to do what with them? thats if its not ur standards of islamic dress according to U?

However its not a proper Islamic clothing so therefore its not God given. It's impossible for me to speak to Somali's worldwide in relation to their Dirac's.
>>> So now wearing dirac is forbidden? and me thought it was somali womens pride to showcase their heritage of aquistic taste for fine unique garments!.........Dirac on a fine A$$ Xalima is top notch
:D:D
me thinks anyway

I have a very colourful dirac collection in my cupboard. Mostly wore indoors. I believe its not of a Islamic standard. Wearing dirac is not forbidden, it cannot be banned. It comes with the Somali culture. You think Somali girls wearing dirac "...is top notch". Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Wearing dirac is not Islamic. What in the world are u talking about. Does anyone even wear a dirac by itslef outside.......People wear gogarad and a big gabasar or even small....... Especially in Canada.... The thing that annoyed me most is how you wrote they can take their diracs and go back to somalia....... Heck why don't u go back to somalia and then come back and let us see if u come back alive..... Plus why would u say something like that to women who can be you're own mother..... Does ur mom wear dirac, let her lead the way then. :rolleyes: I don't mean to be confertational but you're comment got under my skin.

African-American women are more susceptible to many type of diseases because of their environment. Oprah really did a great episode showcasing the poor of America and I was surprised to learn that 10,000 african americans are homesless EVERYDAY (majority of them being single mothers and their children). Most of the people here dont have high education and its extremely hard to find jobs in this area as well. Imagine living cheque to cheque and not having a support system when you suddenly lose your job.

Since when Diraac is Unislamic? if a woman wears it with a garbasaar she is covered from head to toe.

What is the matter with you people, you think only arab clothing (abaaya, hijaab) are proper islamic dress?? :eek: