Sign in to follow this  
Cara.

Women and AIDS

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Very sad indeed, UAE law requires both couples to be tested 4 HIV, before the Meher,engagement, and i reckon it is a great law, and this greatly reduced many pple getting infected.

How many of you are in favour of going under the test before getting married? Many of our community would see this as insult.

I remember once a couple could not wait for the results, and went to another Sheik , unofficial to prepare the Meher.
:D

I certainly would feel insulted if my bride to be said - unh, unh - not unless you get tested. It really depends. You have to know who it is you are getting married to. But in certain in high risk areas - ie. much of Africa - I would make it mandatory.

Originally posted by Khalaf:

Aids is man-made.

Actually according to kanye west the government administered AIDS. LOL#@Valenteenah's silly millionare anology.

So this is all deja vu?,the black chiefs and locals sold teh slaves to the white europeans so as to fuel the european agriconomy and now pharmecuetical companies are using Africans as G/pigs in exchange for a cure to AIDS that would make the pharma companies more richer?

When will they ever learn? :(

J.Lee   

Depends? Dude it should be mandatory regardless of where you are at or who you are getting married to, may it even be your childhood buddy. You never know with people…especially with those you think you know very well.

Mida kale, insulted? why would you be insulted unless you feared the results? Hmmm. Rhetorical weeye ina adeer ee leerka iga jeedhi dee.

God forbid. I would rather be jilted and safe than married and at risk.

Cara.   

JL,

Someone who claims to love and trust you has just told you to prove you don't have HIV (and therefore aren't lying to them about your sexual history) and you wouldn't feel even the slightest bit insulted? Granted, I would get over it and be secretly relieved they brought it up first, but I would definitely be miffed too.

I'm a little amused by the AIDS-is-man-made conspiracy flying around. Let's say it is though. If they (the evil whities) were smart enough to genetically engineer a race-specific virus 30 years ago, then let's be smart enough to find a cure, please?

Originally posted by Cara:

Let's say it is though. If they (the evil whities) were smart enough to genetically engineer a race-specific virus 30 years ago, then let's be smart enough to find a cure, please?

Loool!

Lets, please! All the geniuses who uncovered this vast, sprawling conspiracy that has wrong-footed all the world's top scientists and/or bought them all off... please do the world a favour and pool together your exceptional talents for cracking mysteries and solve this emblematic enigma.

Originally posted by Dabshid:

I remember once a couple could not wait for the results, and went to another Sheik , unofficial to prepare the Meher.
:D

Q**q kills.

Hey, when it comes to life or death, u have to tell it like it crudely is. They're considering putting gruesome pictures on cigarette packs in the UK. Appraently, the 'SMOKING KILLS' and other verbal warnings have lost their zing. The pickled lungs had me out in goosebumps.

article

Castro   

It is true that awareness and education are the biggest deterrents. And with HIV/AIDS, prevention is not even in the same league as a cure for there are no cures. In that spirit, and without resorting to the picture on a pack of cigarette, here's the warning Sheh meant to say:

Q**q kills. :D