Sign in to follow this  
Peaceful Mind

Why always in parties

Originally posted by ibtisam:

Most young people, don't think that clan, race, Family status are toooo important, where parents are more likely to look for these things.

Where? Never met these "young people" you're alluding to. I mean slice it and dice it anyway you like but the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. If your parents are racists (ie trabilists), you're likely to be racist as well. For racism is learned behaviour. We learn it from those around us, firs and foremost our parents.

Sophist   

If your parents don't know you well then they are bad parents (unless you grew up in two different locations) in which case you might try your luck!!

Ibtisam   

^^^ lool^

Imagine if things go wrong you will be able to shift the blame, at least this way it will be your mistake. Family marriages are messy, It is a family marriage! rather than between two people. That is problematic.

SB: I see many young people, who may or may not have tribalist parents, who could not care any less themselves. In any case learnt behaviour can be unlearnt! Selectivity in learnt behaviour is not unheard of.

Hayat   

**Hypothetically **

what if your parents like many somalis care about the qabiil shit and your mother wants clan x and father want you to marry clan Y only. and they supposedly want what's best for you. and you couldnt care who you married as long as they treat you right , and islam teach us to listen/consider what our family/parents think about your potential spouse.

who are you suppose to listen to?

Shakti   

thank god i passed my math class with flying colors.. so

if u mother wants x and ur father y .. than this is what one should do

look for some dude with xy clan noh

** how i come up with the above result > y+x=xy **

i hope that helps ;)

Nehanda   

I disagree that prejudiced parents rear prejudiced children. A person’s character is not solely shaped by that of the parents but also by the environment within which s/he finds themselves.

When choosing a potential partner one should heed the advice of the parent since most would have the best interest of their child at heart.

Hayat   

lol devilangle,

i think you maybe on to something , so i would look for a guy that his mom maybe x or his dad is y ..hmmm but in the end he is y and dat means my dad gets what he wants. if only things were that easy , but imagine all d brothers i would knock bak on my quest to find mr xy , dat would make me seem so superficial.

Ibtisam   

why would you knock some1 back because they are X? or Y?

I'd rather stay unmarried if i had those rules imposed, less hassle and less problems.

Ibtisam   

why would you knock some1 back because they are X? or Y?

I'd rather stay unmarried if i had those rules imposed, less hassle and less problems.

From experience and what I have seen in London, relationships that tend to have started from first contact at a wedding and parties tend to have one or either person carrying some baggage!.

Dont be fooled by the nice beginning. Its better to get a link with a person who was at uni with you or you work with. Look harder sister!!!

From experience and what I have seen in London, relationships that tend to have started from first contact at a wedding and parties tend to have one or either person carrying some baggage!.

Dont be fooled by the nice beginning. Its better to get a link with a person who was at uni with you or you work with. Look harder sister!!!