Sign in to follow this  
Peaceful Mind

Why always in parties

SalaaaM,

I don't know about u all but I noticed .. somali women and men always meet in party at first.. however relations start after that it's very rare to fine men at work or someother places..

for me living in UAE this is the custom... i'v been to UK and it's seems almost the same like UAE.. I'm wondring what about other places..??

JUSTICE   

yeah true, That's how somalis meet and most of them go to weddings to meet someone. It's because somalis love to have their other halfs from the same qabil, so meeting in the wedding is a big time chance.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Peaceful Mind:

SalaaaM,

I don't know about u all but I noticed .. somali women and men always meet in party at first.. however relations start after that it's very rare to fine men at work or someother places..

for me living in UAE this is the custom... i'v been to UK and it's seems almost the same like UAE.. I'm wondring what about other places..??

Salaam and welcome sister. I know good brother for u if u looking looool, he is religious, lives in Dubai, and is member of SOL holla! :D

Khalaf   

^^^um trying to help brotha out :D . Dubai women bro walaa its all about the hookup over there ....i stayed only two weeks ninyahow :eek: is all i can say! but never trust a girl that is from 3rd world state no offense! could be about the passport and their "culture" is different....if u want marry and u from the da states its best to go for girl from the da states....same interests same goals, same "culture".

Som@li   

Peaceful Mind, you are right,many people find their couples thru (wedding)parties, but also many people meet thru hook-ups.

BTW, we might have met at the last somali party, WALAALAHA SWEDEN, @sheraton, Dubai ;)

men and women meet at the parties coz that is when everybody is properly dressed and ready for Shukaansi.

In the other places ,,, Ohhh Goshh ,,, i can resist to see woman with her dirac shiid and dacas and waiting for hook up ,,, hell no ,,, could be a dirty relationship :D

I can't meet someone in da hospital too ,,,, could be a sick relationship :D

Can't meet someone in the middle of the suuqa khudradda ,,, could be a noisy relationship :D

and goes on ,,,,,,

PARTY IS THE BEST OPTION I GUESS ,,,,,,

Justice .. if it's related to qabil it's good but sometimes other qabil like to come...I don't know why.. maybe to fine a match.

khalaf.. i think somali ppl easily adapt there selves in any culture don't worry about that..

Dabshil.. I dont think so ...

I believe after all parties are the best place to meet a match.. better than souq anyways

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Peaceful Mind:

Justice ..
if it's related to qabil it's good
but sometimes other qabil like to come...I don't know why.. maybe to fine a match.

why is that good or is english not your strong point :D ? i noticed this trend walaa tho marrying not only their qabil but same laaf. is it about trust? because my eeddo wants to hook me up with my cousin and she talked about the reer xamar saying: if my house needs a nail why put the nail in another house :D but hell nah i dont do cousins.

khalaf.. i think somali ppl easily adapt there selves in any culture don't worry about that..

walaalshiis u right.....but the culture difference um talking about is somalis who grew up in da states and those who live in “third” world.....it was difficult to communicate and understand.

I believe after all parties are the best place to meet a match.. better than souq anyways

parties..house parties? I don’t think good muhajabahs girls go to parties marka scratch a girl like dat off the list to marry.

Ibtisam   

^^^^looool :D:D

I don't really go to somali do's/ weddings or parties unless family (which is hardly ever, no one in my family likes to get married :D ) I sit next to my habo and she gives them evils, so one will come near you. I think parties bring the worse out in everyone, so meeting anyone there is just strange. You would not make friends with someone you met at a party so how could you pick anything else from there. :confused:

Ibtisam   

my habo is not old you rude old man, you wanna take that back before i find my high heels and aim for you funny shaped head

Ms DD   

Salaam

It is not really appropriate picking up a potential partners at a partner. You really dont a husband who likes to hang about parties..do you? Wedding used to be a place where i avoid men. I'd like to think that a respectbale man would have been in bed by that time in order to get up for work ealry in the morning. Suffice to say I was after a serious hard-working man smile.gif