Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Niall Ferguson Leaves Wife for Somali Intellectual

Originally posted by Cawaale:

quote:Originally posted by LayZie G.:

^adiga, do you have a problem with ayan the person, her so called 'intellect' or what she does behind close doors? Did you once imagine to be the man that she will spend her days with? Or is it because ninka waa cadaan and that bit is unsettling? Either way, why does it matter who ay la seexato, not like adiga in lagu weydiiyo qofta aa la seexato? I guess what I'm confused about is why you even bothered to comment??

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

why you even bothered to comment??

As for me, I have a problem with this part of the praising of ayan's background

I am sorry i didn't ask your permission. Countess!!

Isma lurto waaxid, biyo kuleel aa ku ciyaaroosa. is gaabi waraaa.
:D:D

Isgaabi aa ka dhacday!

Lazy, as a Muslim you should at least hate the person who mock Allah's Diin and his prophet. I personally hate on that basis !

chubacka   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by chubacka:

she has a giant tattoo of passages from the Koran on her back..

Would love to know what passages and what led to such a strange deed.

I don't think she has these tattoos on her back. It's just lazy journalism. The people who wrote this article copied it from a recent Daily Mail one. In that one, they had a picture of a model (from the film that Ayan Hirsi made) with tattoos on her back. But they made the mistake of writing Ayan's name under the photo. Trust me, it's not her. I have (on behalf of SOL of course) scrutinised the photo closely and concluded, without a shadow of a doubt, that the woman with the tattoos was white.
:D
A half hour well spent, we do appreciate your efforts in the pursuit of truth Ng. :D

I saw that picture too but never thought it was Ayan's back hahaha, that is beyond lazy journalism its blooming scandalous. :eek:

Raamsade   

Originally posted by 2+2=5:

But I would never call her an "intellectual". She made a name for herself by bashing a religion.

She's a NY Times Best Seller (no small feat by any stretch), invited as honorary speaker to some of the most prestigious institutions of higher learning in the world and was named 100 Most Influential People by Time Magazine. By every objective measure, she qualifies as public intellectual.

But she's more than. She's a much needed socioreligious critic. People like her have served an indispensable role in all the developed countries today. No society in history has made progress without first exercising self-criticism of its core assumptions and deepest held believes. The funny thing is, if she had been born in the Netherlands, her outspoken criticism against Dutch traditions and religious believes wouldn't have drawn as much criticism. Social critics and iconoclasts are taken for granted in Europe and other parts of the world. But it wasn't always like that. In another life, people like Ayaan were burned at the stake.

The whole ayaan hirsi saga is a reflection of the backwardness of Muslims. She's entirely innocent bystander.

^Your animosity and obsession with Islam seemed to have clouded your judgment much like peacenow's insane hatred for anything Arab seemed to have diminished intellectual capacity.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Your animosity and obsession with Islam seemed to have clouded your judgment much like peacenow's insane hatred for anything Arab seemed to have diminished intellectual capacity.

You're projecting your own bigotry. I'm not the one that calls for murder.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Where have I called for murder unless you hold the same disdain for every Muslim which again goes back to my point.

I just gave you a taste of your own medicine. You made baseless accusation against me(of animosity and obsession with Islam), I replied in kind. How did it feel?

As they say: if you can't it, don't dish it.

Jacpher   

^It must take an intellectual genius like you to accuse others of murder for counter argument. Such a brilliant idea to win a debate.

This gotta be the intellectaul stuff you're talking about.

Odagii Cali Magan ahaa magacii ba.

Originally posted by Raamsade:

I just gave you a taste of your own medicine. You made baseless accusation against me(of animosity and obsession with Islam), I replied in kind. How did it feel?As they say: if you can't it, don't dish it.

Whatever I said was addressing you as individual.Unlike you, I wasn't taking aim at billion people and their belief system.Based on everything you wrote so far in this and other threads, you seem to be exhibiting the same fanaticism as those you condemn. The difference here is you are on the opposite pole.

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by Raamsade:

She's a NY Times Best Seller (no small feat by any stretch), invited as honorary speaker to some of the most prestigious institutions of higher learning in the world and was named 100 Most Influential People by Time Magazine. By every objective measure, she qualifies as public intellectual.

Mightn't it occur to you that her literary success is down largely to her views on Islam? There are enough Islamophobiacs out there to turn any publication critical of Islam into an overnight best seller. It is a matter of numbers. It is a no-brainer.

Rayyan   

She is just running on empty, hardly got anything to say islaam cay mooyane - cashing the cow while you can, and when you on the low!

It's not her gaalnimo that bothers me or even her so-called criticism, but her sheer ignorance and greed. She is media hungry. Everytime you turn out she is speaking at an event about Islam. She even went as far as "warning" Western civilization about Islam's agenda. How laughable is that? She called Islam "political invasion" with no "freedom of choice and no merit." I wouldnt touch her with a pole let alone threaten her. She is a sad, sad soul.