Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

Ask A Sijui...Part2

Sweetie, lets not put sijui and beautiful in the same sentence. Sijui's scream the opposite of that you speak off, but do carry on sweetie. I know you are screaming for attention, but you are not going to get it from me.

J.Lee   

^ I believe he already did; you did reply to the topic. (DUH)

Flip: It would of have been more interesting (credible even) had you backed up your claims with evidence.

Originally posted by Wordette:

Flip: It would of have been more interesting (credible even) had you backed up your claims with evidence.

Oi;One doesnt need evidence...somalis from different geographical zones are different.

Are You gonna tell me(with a hard face) that the Xalimo from Tukwilia has the same features as the one from Bellevue?? smile.gif

According to who's research? Find where...?

Anyway,Yinicieri;You asked this to the demented sujuu in reference to his claim. I decided to actually go[Out of curioisty] to the CIA world fact book on Kenya AND Somalia .

Literacy:

definition: age 15 and over can read and write

total population: 85.1%

male: 90.6%

female: 79.7% (2003 est

Vs

Literacy:

definition: age 15 and over can read and write

total population: 37.8%

male: 49.7%

female: 25.8% (2001 est.)

Of course Somalia had no Govt and it still managed a 37%,thats impressive me thinks.

Castro   

^ Atheer there's nothing impressive about a sub 40% literacy rate. It means 1 out of 2 men can't read and 3 out of 4 women can't read. I'd say we are at least 50 years behind Kenya in education.

Yeniceri   

McPharax:

Thanks for the reply. I don't believe in those statistics, however. For Kenya, those stats are relatively accurate because they do keep track of such things occassionally. Who knows what the real numbers are for Somalia - a nonexistent state? For Somalia, the CIA, the UN, World Bank and all other orgs use "estimates" with higher margin of error than a nation like Kenya. Include that fact as a footnote next time you compare such stats.

Originally posted by Castro:

I'd say we are at least 50 years behind Kenya in education.

I'd agree, but I'd add that we're 50 years ahead of Kenya in freedom - that intangible aspect of life, but so essential for the mind, body and soul of a Republic. Why do you think they refer to Nairobi as "Little London"? Kenya is, in reality, the poster boy for neo-colonialism.

Wasn't it 19th Mexican revolutionary Emiliano Zapata who said: "Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees?"

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

Sweetie, lets not put sijui and beautiful in the same sentence...I know you are screaming for attention, but you are not going to get it from me.

Ouch. Let's remember, folks, that Somali refugees to Kenya were the original "Sujui" people (because they didn't know Kiswahili). They managed to revert the moniker back to the Somali Kenyans (for not speaking proper Somali). Isn't that an accomplishment all on its own? ;)

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Atheer there's nothing impressive about a sub 40% literacy rate. It means 1 out of 2 men can't read and 3 out of 4 women can't read. I'd say we are at least 50 years behind Kenya in education.

I think you are being harsh; 15yrs of war equalls 100 education yrs.Its tough thing to accept,but you are right,we are lagging wayyy wayy behind in education compared to most African countries. :(

Besides kenya has a very good education system that beats most African nations(Look up Nigeria,Egypt,Ghana,Ivorycoast),You will be suprised.

Thanks for the reply. I don't believe in those statistics, however. For Kenya, those stats are relatively accurate because they do keep track of such things occassionally. Who knows what the real numbers are for Somalia - a nonexistent state? For Somalia, the CIA, the UN, World Bank and all other orgs use "estimates" with higher margin of error than a nation like Kenya. Include that fact as a footnote next time you compare such stats

Y'cieri;You are correct.Data is collected from an educated mass that already knows how to keep records of such stuff,Being the illitrates that we are; we probably dont have any records. ;)

In all fairness, I dont think you need a CIA data fact to tell you the appalling state of the education system back home(Wow,Did i just say that?).As i said to Castro;15yrs of chaos has its toll.

I'd agree, but I'd add that we're 50 years ahead of Kenya in freedom - that intangible aspect of life, but so essential for the mind, body and soul of a Republic. Why do you think they refer to Nairobi as "Little London"? Kenya is, in reality, the poster boy for neo-colonialism

You are just being blindly patriotic...Lol. But i guess opinions vary. ;)

Actually you know i think it is fair to ask you to bring "Facts" about that statement. I am actually curious too smile.gif

Yeniceri   

^^

The United Kingdom is Kenya's largest foreign investor. What do they get for their investment? Little London, anyone?

P.S. Article below was written a little over a year ago. Enjoy.

British Businesses Urged To Invest In Kenya

Released: 18 Nov 2004

Kenya as an attractive market for foreign investment was the theme of a business round-table meeting organised by the Commonwealth Business Council (CBC) on 11 November 2004 at Marlborough House, London, UK.

The event, attended by more than 100 UK businessmen and women, was addressed by Kenya's Minister for Planning and National Development, Professor Peter Anyang' Nyong'o, Minister for Trade and Industry Dr Mukhisa Kituyi, and Permanent Secretary for Governance and Ethics John Githongo.

The meeting was convened to promote further investment in Kenya by British businesses. According to the UK's Department of Trade and Industry, the country is already the largest foreign investor in Kenya, with investments worth US$1.5 billion.

Dr Kituyi said an Investment Bill was being passed in Kenya's parliament. "We are providing a fast track for investors. The international business community should not miss this opportunity."

Professor Anyang' Nyong'o stressed that existing investors in his country played a vital role in attracting new international players. He stated: "You are our ambassadors. You are the ones we need to persuade others that we are creating a conducive environment for foreign investment."

Mr Githongo spoke about the Government of Kenya's approach to tackling corruption. He said: "The economic benefits of the fight against corruption can already be seen. These include an increase in revenues, improved tax collection and a decrease in losses from public works.

"It is also evident from the growth in customs receipts, enhanced investor confidence, development of regional and international trade, and the resumption of donor aid."

Organised in collaboration with the Eastern Africa Association, the meeting followed a series of conferences in Kenya with local and international businesspeople. It was part of the CBC's continued efforts to promote interaction between governments and the private sector in Commonwealth African countries.

CNIS - the Commonwealth News and Information Service Issue 210 17 November 2004

http://www.thecommonwealth.org/Templates/System/LatestNews.asp?NodeID=141460

^^LoooooL. :D

Man you didnt have to go and google a symposium by kenyan officials wooing investors. Anyway from the outside you seemed like a fairly smart fella;but i guess the Farax in you kicked in.[Total disregard for all things sensible]; :D But i will give you the benifit of the doubt.

Anywway i will have you know that HAVING investors in a country is a Good thing. Besides bringing in Jobs,development & economic growth[Knock Knock,this is what true FREEDOM is Sir] It symbolizes stability & prosperity for any given country. icon_razz.gif

Yeniceri   

^^

So, um, is this the part I'm supposed to feel ashamed and cower beneath blankets?

You're certainly taking the "cyber thug" thing to new heights.

Originally posted by Yeniceri:

^^

So, um, is this the part I'm supposed to feel ashamed and cower beneath blankets?

If thats what you wanna do,Suit yourself. I thought we were discussing as civilized Men;But if you wanna shame yourself and cower yourself beneath the blankets,Knock yourself off.

You're certainly taking the "cyber thug" thing to new heights.

Dude!,you are giving me way too much credit. Right now am sitting here @work tryna to figure out how to come up with a solution to a mess someone else created,the last thing on mind is being thugish on some random farax...But actually this is good for my E-Ego[Cyber Ego if you will]. So go ahead and stroke it?? ;)smile.gif

Does anyone use Oracle??? :mad:

Originally posted by Brown McPharax:

quote:Thanks for the reply. I don't believe in those statistics, however. For Kenya, those stats are relatively accurate because they do keep track of such things occassionally. Who knows what the real numbers are for Somalia - a nonexistent state? For Somalia, the CIA, the UN, World Bank and all other orgs use "estimates" with higher margin of error than a nation like Kenya. Include that fact as a footnote next time you compare such stats

Y'cieri;You are correct.Data is collected from an educated mass that already knows how to keep records of such stuff,Being the illitrates that we are; we probably dont have any records.
;)

In all fairness, I dont think you need a CIA data fact to tell you the appalling state of the education system back home(Wow,Did i just say that?).As i said to Castro;15yrs of chaos has its toll.

I'd agree, but I'd add that we're 50 years ahead of Kenya in freedom - that intangible aspect of life, but so essential for the mind, body and soul of a Republic. Why do you think they refer to Nairobi as "Little London"? Kenya is, in reality, the poster boy for neo-colonialism

You are just being blindly patriotic...Lol. But i guess opinions vary.
;)

Actually you know i think it is fair to ask you to bring "Facts" about that statement. I am actually curious too
smile.gifMuch has been said and swallowed.Still I stand by my accurate statistics..By the way do u think I can't make my own statistics..Is Mathematics anyway...But One point to note was that:

Y'cieri;You are correct.Data is collected from an educated mass that already knows how to keep records of such stuff,
Being the illitrates that we are; we probably dont have any records.
;)

reffering to who..Obviously The Walendos... :D:D

Walaal you need to differentiate between 'Fact' and personal 'opinion'.

This reminds me of some of the excuses and methods people use.You know when they try to give you reasons as to why they support qabyaalism.How they in turn isolate those that dont 'hail' from their tribe.God forbid(!)

You know the way they start off with....

"I am just proud of my tribe...."

Then...

"We have the most educated...."

Leading on to....

"We have the prettiest lalala..."

Finishing off with full on rant....

"WE ARE NOT LIKE YOU!"........

(Deary me and I was thinking we all shared the same origin..Istubidh me)

Walaal how about just saying....

We are ALL Somali for those of you that doubt sijuis....?

KHALAAS,FINITO... case closed & if people still disagree then let them wallow in their own self-ignorance is what I say.Maxaa ka galey?

Just stop the BS lists and BS comparisons as it's spreading more ignorance&building more walls amongst us ;)

^^The aim of the thread wasn't to rant as you said...It was to give Non-sijuis the chance to ask any question they deem important to ask.You have an option to shut your mind and just see..

To look like them physically doesn't mean we are them.We have values, and lots of differences.You may never compare us with 'them'.There are many issues that I raised at the start of the thread and many have debated for or against them.

We are not like them and I have no worries to make.So let it stay like that.But it was 'empty'to just say..

Originally posted by Xalimopatra:

We are ALL Somali for those of you that doubt sijuis....?

;)

:cool: :cool: :cool: