Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

Ask A Sijui...Part2

PREFACE

Sijuinimo waa Soomali..

So much has been said about The 'Sijuis' that some of us have come to be totally associated with 'Sijuinimo'and Somalia ..to an extent that our everyday's life is now being classified as .. Sijui or Sijui-not.Many people will welcome you on hearing that you are a sijui and others will refrain..Someone even scribbled about being a SUJUI/SUJUILIZED on his chest and am sure many tatoos will follow..it is going down the heart of some.This is great..Others are giving Sijuinimo a host of other unique words.Factors to consider someone a sijui normally includes Education, Respect,Sense,Nationalism and Modernity..I raised this topic for the sole objective of defining..re-defining the Word 'Sijui'so that our 'other' Somalis whom we share SOL together have atleast the correct picture of who we are.

Now let me take the opportunity to discuss the issues that are associated or come up when you utter "..Waryaa 'Sijui".

1. EDUCATION:

You will find Sijui people are more learned than their 'other' brothers and sisters from greater Somalia.They tend to Grasp/concentrate and study more.

2. ENGLISH:

Most sijuis will probably speak fluent English and have good comprehension of any typical English word unlike the 'others'..U will find a sijui speaking to someone in English and Somali meshed up.

3. RESPECT/EMOTIONS:

Sijuis are well respected people like the 'others' and will maintain RESPECT until u betray them.In that case they will just keep quite and pretend that 'Nothing' happened.

4.ROMANTIC/BEAUTIFUL:

You will find most of them 'Handsome and Romantic. I don't need to describe the Sijui Sisters..Sijui ladies are TOP of Their class.. ;) ;) ..Find out why?

5.NATIONALISM:

Sijui people are more nationalists than their 'peers' from Somalia.A sijui will debate a lot to make sure u understand he is not from Somalia..But that is a fact.

6.MODERNITY:

Although many Sijuis behave more or less like the 'Others'..They are smart in any of their Dealing with the 'outer' world.They will prove more modern than their peers from across te Border.The president of Somalia will certainly argue with a Macalin Duksi while a 'simple sijui' will take him for a cup of Coffee.

I am a sijui..Please ask me anything about The acronym..SIJUINIMO.. ;);)

and your point...................?

can you take your sijuinimo to the bank?

Let me tell you a bit about sijuis ooh BTW i am one too born and bred

1)they are dumb fools

2)They are dabadhilif

3)flipping stingy

4)bloody naive

5)hopeless in self belief

6)and finally they are big time xaasid(this point they share with their brethen from across the border)

And finally they just make me wanat to grab em and slap em cartoon style to wake em up from their deep sleep!!

STOIC   

Is someone kiling the spirit of the holiday?Wasn't Santa and his rendeer supposed to arrive in SOL while sommersaulting and glowing in a ginger bread suit?.I might be wrong but since when did we become so divisive within the Somali community.All these divisivness boils down to your attitude and appreciation towards other fellow human.I am appalled to learn that people will take so serious as to what region or country they are from.Your country of birth or origin has nothing to do with your life.As an individual what matters to you is your damn life!Now lets take a chill pill and enjoy the spirit of the holidays .

What do you mean by Sujui? who is considered to be one?

If someone was born and bred outside Somalia but speaks better Somali than one who was born in Somalia but grew up elsewhere, then who of two is Sijui?

How do you measure sujuisims?

What matters is not the people or the country but the individual's character, diligence, sense of feeling and his/her believe towards the said criteria such as Nationalism, so and so....

Besides, Happy I am, I see you are very proud Sujiu with extreme self-confidence some what outdated arrogance, that that the Sujui's hold higher status than their counterparts in every way of live.

Without being baised, I think they are normal, decent and very good behaving folks, I enjoy their company, having said that I on other hand think they (not very serious thou)suffer from what I can smell right now from you, which is lack of confidence to run their daily lives, interact normally without feeling any fuss with their counterparts(as you put it), have their say and be part of the community.

OOO yee of little understanding........

I was simply trying to bring the brother Flipmode back to earth and get him off his high horse and just like a typical Sijui you jump in without even looking where you are jumping...for your information i speak better somali than those born and bred in Somalia and fully see their point too.I am in the middle and have both worlds and would not throw one for anything so

Orgi-laqe

YOu ar from: budunbuto iyo biciidlasaar near eymuqleeye and dabarogato

Telling us you was born outside Somalia, Baadiyaha wax laga xishooda muu noqdayna, ceeb ma ahan sxb?

YOur name tells everything, Ari-raac shaqo fiicab waaye, oo yeah and only strong couragous men can do it, remember even the some of the prophets did enjoy it.

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by The Flipmode..:

1. EDUCATION:

You will
find
Sijui people are more learned than their 'other' brothers and sisters from greater Somalia.They tend to Grasp/concentrate and study more.

According to who's research? Find where...?

4.ROMANTIC/BEAUTIFUL:

You will find most of them
'Handsome and Romantic

What's "beautiful" to you might not be so eye-appealing to the next nomad. I'm sure you're familiar with the overused cliche: "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder."

Nonetheless, do carry on!

Originally posted by Idil:

is their forehead larger or smaller then the regular faraax?

Good... smile.gif Sister Idil..Laakin please avoid 'High' outward motives and Ill chilling abusive languages..was it meant?

No wonder I keep scribing about Respect and Smartness, I talked about Confidence.I opened this thread with confidence..If not confidence ..then what?

If u Talk about something we can relate..maybe that comes from Being a somali Sis Idil..any other relations will be reffered back to the Nomads..

Ask yourself why Sijuis are:

Better educated

More Romantic/beautiful..with a cartoonized forhead which looks nice anyway.

More respectful..

Please Refer...To the start of the thread...for some more details..

Concentrate on that only..OrgiLaqe..as Mbuzi Man keeps telling us he is half caste Sijui and Walendos...VERY BED..those are the ones born in 'UTANGE REFUGEE CAMP' may be..we Sijuis have no Half caste..That is another problem altogether.

ama unataka nianze..Fala mangaaaaaa wewe :cool: :cool:

Rowda   

Dear: the Sujuwi lowyer & the indha'adeeg dude

"defining..re-defining the Word 'Sijui'so that our 'other' Somalis whom we share SOL together have atleast the correct picture of who we are."

who asked you? how much are getting paid? don't forget this webside, it said SOMALIS ONLINE and if you are not one of them than I suggested you go to the sujuwi educated webside! big as african accent doen't mean educated, it only means waalagu gumaystay while I was free on land called somalia.

Respect? Do mean they're scare?

4.ROMANTIC/BEAUTIFUL:

"You will find most of them 'Handsome and Romantic. I don't need to describe the Sijui Sisters..Sijui ladies are TOP of Their class.. ..Find out why?"

Walaahida, all pure somalis are beautiful regardless of where they from and maybe you need to were classes next time you run into somali brother or sister.

5.NATIONALISM:

"Sijui people are more nationalists than their 'peers' from Somalia.A sijui will debate a lot to make sure u understand he is not from Somalia..But that is a fact."

I live in the USA and I can promise you no child of mind will ever tell you he/she is from here, even if they were born here and that is what I called nationalist.

are u forgeting that Kenyan sujuwis have or had not too long ago an ID card that makes them different than the rest of kenyan ppl. Its just to show them that they are not from kenya. sxb that is what I called idenity crises.

Sxb the little reermagaalnimo aad qabtaan is from us since the civil war of somalia. can you read somali??? yeah that is what I thought.

By the way, I do have sujuwi friend whom I love dearly who would never consider themself kenyan.

ppl who born outside somali are not called sujuwis only those who were born Kenya.

This is part of the reason why I say...Sijuis are a bit eduacted, speak/write fine English

I couldn't comprehend what This Sister was writing...Can anyone help?

Please separate Paragraphs and sentences.

Thank you :D:D

wewe nflipmode umetoka "lift varrey" halafu nalitea ujinga yako............sikiza wewe mimi ni mzee wa pwani kiswahili ni lugha yangu siyo kama wewe mkikuyu ama mbaluya kutoka luakhakaha

^^^^^

Originally posted by MR ORGILAQE:

wewe nflipmode umetoka "lift varrey" halafu nalitea ujinga yako............sikiza wewe mimi ni mzee wa pwani kiswahili ni lugha yangu siyo kama wewe mkikuyu ama mbaluya kutoka luakhakaha

^^^ C am talking about half caste between Sijuis ;) (a combination Maybe a Sijui blonde..and a mlendo(Qaxooti)..am sorry I have to say... :cool: :cool: but with confidence..Dare say it...Yourself

You will see a lot of differences..Like this fellow is trying to squeeze himself fit in a Sijui World... Fala sana ..Is that Sijuinimo...