Sign in to follow this  
BOB

The Faarax Of Tomorrow.

Are you actually expecting a list of 'Heblaayo does this' and 'heblaayo does that' and 'another heblaayo does that also's? Talk about gross over-simplifications! If that's all you want, find out what your female relatives are doing and base your generalisations on that (perhaps they will look more intelligent than the tripe you're currently offering)

In response to your other outcry:

I haven't seen one active Somali woman who has anything positive to contribute.

My experience is somewhat different. The only active people I come across in the Somali community are women. Open your eyes and look around, won't you? Most of the people making forward strides in the diaspora are young women. The young men seem to have been snatched from the air by youth offenders institutions, unfortunately.

Furthermore, Ayaan Xirsi is not the only Somali woman out there and she certainly doesn't represent Somali women. Drumming that particular foosto must be getting tiring, surely? I know I'm tired of hearing it.

Originally posted by Cara:

And in the aftermath, it can be argued that things would've been a lot worse if not for the determination of Somali women to take care of their families. The sacrifices they made are clear for all to see. [/QB]

Taking care of your OWN family is your job. Why should one get commended for things that s/he is suppose to do.

Our societal glitch continues to stem from the disproportional dominance of the deformed faaraxs

It must come easy to you to point fingers at others. Aw what exactly have you done for Somalia?

me   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Are you actually expecting a list of 'Heblaayo does this' and 'heblaayo does that' and 'another heblaayo does that also's? Talk about gross over-simplifications! If that's all you want, find out what your female relatives are doing and base your generalisations on that (perhaps they will look more intelligent than the tripe you're currently offering)

In response to your other outcry:

quote:

I haven't seen one active Somali woman who has anything positive to contribute.

My experience is somewhat different. The only active people I come across in the Somali community are women. Open your eyes and look around, won't you? Most of the people making forward strides in the diaspora are young women. The young men seem to have been snatched from the air by youth offenders institutions, unfortunately.

Furthermore, Ayaan Xirsi is not the only Somali woman out there and she certainly doesn't represent Somali women. Drumming that particular foosto must be getting tiring, surely? I know I'm tired of hearing it.
Calm down dear, its only words on a screen and I think My point has come across, whether you call me ignorant or whatever you know I am right.

Originally posted by B0B:

Ladies many of you complain anything and everything about the present Faarax but believe me, the way things are going, the future Faarax will be far worse than any of his predecessors and here is why.

1-Since he is born in the West, he will have nothing but Dhaqanka Gaalada.

2-He won't allow his or your relatives to set a foot near his home let alone coming and staying with you as long as they wish.

3-He won't speak one word of Somali and he will consider the Somali language useless piece of his past.

4-He will drink like a fish and smoke like he was Abbaas Roti's bakery chimney and he will expect you to follow suit.

5-Will change his beloved Samatar into Samuel or worse Samantha.

6-Will let your son decide whether he wants to be circumcised or not as he will consider it to be an ancient custom his ignorant ancestors used to practice.

7-He will identify himself with the sporting team he likes and their followers instead of his reer hebel hebel tribe.

8-Expect to attend many fans'meetings in miles away from home so they could bond as a team.

9-Expect to get phone calls at ungodly hours from the cops because your husband started a brawl in a bar after his team got beat.

10-He won't be bothered if another man comes on to you in his presence, in fact, he will encourage you to flirt back. (Dayuus)

11-He will cheat on you for god knows who and what (yuck..I don't even want to imagine that)

12-He will encourage you to be a member of nude camps and expect you to go to nude beaches.

13-He will murder you for your life insurance money after he persuades you to take one.

14-He will ask your domestic worker to move in with him and inherit everything you ever owned including your great great great Ayeeyo's favourite necklace from your ancestral homeland in Horn of Africa.

15-He will never mention your name even to your beloved children once you are gone and when he does, he will tell them that you never loved them and you were such a bad mother.

16-He will spend fortune buying Christmas gifts when you could use that money on something more important like healthcare & education for your kids.

17-He will have you believe your great great grandparents were brought to the West on a plane from somewhere Africa as they were the victims of an Alien Invasion and never tell you the fact that you are in fact the result of the experiment of the imperialist’s new system of slavery.

18-He will know nothing of his roots except that he comes from somewhere far where humans live on grass like Xoolo just because he saw it on a movie meant for propaganda against him so he will believe that he isn’t human indeed.

19-He will despise himself and everything about him and he will hate each and everyone that look like him with passion.

20-He will make you a drug junkie so he can use you and sell your body to yours and his enemy without ever realizing that he’s selling his soul on cheap and above all, that he’s destroying the only source of his creating and existence.

So Ladies who do you prefer..Faarax, Samuel or perhaps even Samantha?

Peace, Love & Unity.

This is not the future. I think its happening today.

Ilaahhay ha noo sahlo.

I think warlodism, war and other general quirks and problems like discussing mundane gossipy matters like women are more specific to some of our Southern brothers. :D No need to generalize all.

Cara.   

^Just the helpful contribution we need.

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Taking care of your
OWN
family is your job. Why should one get commended for things that s/he is suppose to do.

When it takes two to get the job done but only one is shouldering the burden; it's only fair I think.

Miriam1   

Let me rant a little..I dont know what are we suppose to do. I am just curious. if we fit into this culture..and I am not saying your examples of what this supposed "western" farax is doing has anything do with a normal person who lives in the west...seriously buddy this guy sounds like a proper loser, regardless of his geographical location or heritage! I am sure they exist back in our "beloved" Somalia proper/somaliland/puntland/etc etc..

So coming back to my original point..if a person were to say, "I personally choose to live here for the rest of my natural life, (here being this western land) I make such a conscious decision, fully aware that life may throw me a curve...I make this choice, knowing fully well that since I was born in this western land whose customs and laws I am accustomed to, who's streets I can navigate with my eyes closed, whose “feel” I miss whenever I go away and unconsciously "YEARN" to go back "HOME" quietly admitting to myself..that yes dammit.."THIS IS HOME" but not saying it out loud for the fear that some diehard Somali nationalist (which always turn out to be loved family members) will look at me like one MASSIVE sellout..So I pretend instead that I may one day ( in the distant future..like Dr.WHO distant Future) return to a land that , I can not in any logical and natural manner have some "nostalgic, delusional" attachments to, since going back to that thread of logic, I have of course never been to or at best visited once or twice over the span of two summer months…after which I am suppose to have experienced some emotional and personality transformation….having been to the motherland, and I cannot deny that it is impossible….but should this replace all logic….all love for my country of BIRTH..yea….that western country?...doubt it Mr….”

So if a person was to say all that..are they wrong..wierd..sellouts..or just normal and true to theirselves..and these silly sterotypes of those of us that were born outside the beloved Somalia…are just plain….weird..

Baashi   

^ :D your rant makes sense to this oday though!

Boby my man are you surviving in the Zulu country. I'm worried about your safety as Zulu attacks on economic migrants keep popping up in the news?

Back to the topic...tell you what Bob there will be men and mere males in each and every era. As you know they all come with two balls but what separates man from male is not whether he cheers for an athlete or adheres to ancient culture...No sire! Having principles and not losing sight of the bottom line is what makes Farax a manly Farax.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

For the first time in my SOL life (if you can call it that) I can say I have posted something meaningful, at least for me, because I have touched a very sensitive issue which resulted many brothers losing their cool and the debate along the way as they failed to make a case for their men folk including myself.

Brothers, I have tried many a times before to defend my fellow Somali men but I failed miserably as you can't defend all the crimes they have committed against the Somali nation as a whole, especially our generation as we were the first to witness & experience the war escalate into a deep rooted hatred and divisions amongst the once mighty and united Somali nation.

Che mentioned the name of the late Somali singer with a microphone fuelling the fire but my dear brother forgot to mention that she was delivering a message given to her by none other than a Somali man, now I have never been one to speak ill of the dead and I am not saying this out sympathy as I am not into Somali songs and never have been but realistically speaking we all know that Somali men got such a venomous tongue coated with honey and the biggest criminals and the worse than worse of all men are those conscienceless men called Elders as a whole nation finds itself on her knees today because of their deceit and godless actions and my biggest regret of being born Somali is that, I may never live long enough to see the day those men pay for what they did to each and every Somali soul and all the pain and heartache they put through thousands upon thousands of Somali mothers...in the day of Khiyama perhaps!

To prove my point...go and read few lines in any topic at that Godforsaken place called Politics Section and tell me how many of them are guys who still preach hatred & division amongst the already broken Somali nation and then maybe, just maybe you will understand why I'm disappointed with the overwhelming majority of my own Somali men.

PS. I will forever be grateful to almighty Allah s.w for two wonderful parents who not only got me out of Somalia while still young but for also guiding them through the righteous path as they have taught me that we are all Muslim Somali brothers & Sisters and warned me never to get involved with this whole tribal garbage and I pray I will do the same for my kids Insha Allah.

May Allah s.w Guide Us All Through The Righteous Path Insha Alla.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My Brother Baashi...I'm doing wonderful Alxamdulillaah and today (Monday 19th Feb) has been such a great day for me Maasha Allah & Alxamdulillaah that I have decided to treat myself with a lavish dinner at this new joint in down town and you know our dinner (Reer Calanleey Style) consists with fish and fish and even more fish but since I left Calanleey I've developed a taste for shrimps and man...what a treasure we missed!

I can't believe we found all about Qubo but missed out on Shrimps :( ...I remember people were crazy about Lobsters especially the Fishermen but come on Aargoosto is nothing compared to Shrimps.

Brother Zulus are wonderful people...i have been living amongst them for quite some time a while ago and I have never had a problem with them, in fact they used to enjoy my company in a town called Newcastle situated in the Zulu heartland and I used to make laugh those around me every time I spoke Isizulu (their language) they must have thought that I was a Qcaba (Stup!d) who had no shame but today I'm the one who's laughing all the way into their pockets today as I have learned their language. smile.gif

I have never had a problem with a South African of any race and colour and I have a whole lot of friends from all walks of life and believe me generally they are good people but like in every community you find sinners living amongst the saints and no one targets the Somali people like they will have you believe.

you know how long I have been living here and I'm yet to hear Somali girl being raped even those who are married to those fallen brothers who were murdered iyagoo la joogo nimankooda while normally or South African Tsotsi (Thug) style if you like, they rape the women of their victims including infants..yeah you heard me right..infants and elders..yep even the Ayeeyos aren't safe regardless of their colour marka we are not targeted because if we were you probably would have read my death in some Somali site and yours truly wouldn't be here right now sharing this story with you.

You should come down here sometime and don't worry I will protect you Insha Allah :cool: I know you became Ciyaal Maamo ever since you left Sikyaamo Daceey and I'm almost sure that you will have a wonderful time because I know a humble guy like you would highly appreciate the simplicity of the life of the common man as no Yicaal Sikyaamo will ever change no matter where he goes and how old he gets..he will always be man of the people unlike the egoistic & spoiled Yicaal Maxarka. :D

PS. Pardon my excitement...I tend to get carried away from time to time or should I say once in a blue moon and today was certainly one of those days.

Take a good care of yourself my Brother and Pass my Salam to my Dumaashi Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Zafir   

Brother Bob

Don’t be so hasty, the flip side of this sad story could be that you and I are what we are because of these godforsaken elders, and we have become what they are not, despite their actions. Be grateful that we are among the lucky ones sire.

1-Since he is born in the West, he will have nothing but Dhaqanka Gaalada.

Untrue, I know a handful of Somalis born in Toronto who’s dhaqans hasn’t tainted the slightest bit and more then a handful of Somalis who were born in Somalia who need dhaqan celis.

2-He won't allow his or your relatives to set a foot near his home let alone coming and staying with you as long as they wish.

This, I am not even sure I agree, though, it depends on who these relatives are.

3-He won't speak one word of Somali and he will consider the Somali language useless piece of his past.

Not speaking the language does not make one less Somali.

4-He will drink like a fish and smoke like he was Abbaas Roti's bakery chimney and he will expect you to follow suit.

Lest you didn’t know, there are/were such faraaxs who smoked, drank, and ate leaves till dawn before your time, during your prime and even now in Somalia. West has very little influence on that, its self thought choice.

6-Will let your son decide whether he wants to be circumcised or not as he will consider it to be an ancient custom his ignorant ancestors used to practice.

I doubt it very much

7-He will identify himself with the sporting team he likes and their followers instead of his reer hebel hebel tribe.

I am surprised, you consider this scenario terrible?? Given, our nation is in its condition because of hebel hebel bs.

8-Expect to attend many fans'meetings in miles away from home so they could bond as a team.

Supporting what one likes isn’t bad sire.

9-Expect to get phone calls at ungodly hours from the cops because your husband started a brawl in a bar after his team got beat.

If ever, in this case I doubt is the cops that will be calling ( they call only when they arrest a minor)

10-He won't be bothered if another man comes on to you in his presence, in fact, he will encourage you to flirt back. (Dayuus)

I doubt any man would encourage such, unless it involves the root of evil.

11-He will cheat on you for god knows who and what (yuck..I don't even want to imagine that)

Are we to assume faraaxs of today and yesterday don’t/didn’t cheat?

12-He will encourage you to be a member of nude camps and expect you to go to nude beaches.

Why?

14-He will ask your domestic worker to move in with him and inherit everything you ever owned including your great great great Ayeeyo's favourite necklace from your ancestral homeland in Horn of Africa.

I think you are taking tiny dip in Hollywood’s mimic tale.

15-He will never mention your name even to your beloved children once you are gone and when he does, he will tell them that you never loved them and you were such a bad mother.

You see what I am saying.

17-He will have you believe your great great grandparents were brought to the West on a plane from somewhere Africa as they were the victims of an Alien Invasion and never tell you the fact that you are in fact the result of the experiment of the imperialist’s new system of slavery.

Say what??

Cara and Val, right on.

BOB   

Originally posted by Zafir:

Brother Bob

Don’t be so hasty, the flip side of this sad story could be that you and I are what we are because of these godforsaken elders, and we have become what they are not, despite their actions. Be grateful that we are among the lucky ones sire.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Absolutely my brother Zafir...I am grateful and always will be to almighty Allah s.w Insha Allah for that.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Baashi   

SCW my man BOB,

Sxb good to hear from you again. Knowing where you came from and the street knowledge you have plus the Hard Knock kinda schooling you went through during the difficult times of surviving the streets of Eastleigh, I'm confident that you will outsmart all the Zulu warriors in down under of Africa.

Ahem! tell me about Zulu ladies. I can't help imagining Mashalaaye BOB digging the Zulu thang! Or are you a changed man? 2pac used to sing about one of his homies becoming Muslim not that I'm implying that you are a player or something like that but just can't help having these thoughts about great BOB doing lil hussling stuff down there *smiling*

My man AlxamduLilaah I have no complaints. Doing lil xamaali in far and away location from home sweet home. But that will pass.

As to your critical post lambasting Faraxs in our age I gotta tell ya baba that cultures evolve and 40 years from know you will be a dinousour in ur hometown Majengo in Kismayo.

Just so you know in the states we are struggling to teach our kids Somali and Islam. They have an accent in ashahaadada. It is unbelievable but it is that bad in that department. Part of the problem is there are no products (software, books, and what not) that can compete with Walt Disney. Kids always find Walt Disney far more interesting and engaging than what Islamic products out there offer. Very frustrating wallahi.

Now do lil extrapolation there and grown up Faraxs that are not qaat addicts are either Hashish or crack addicts. Not all of them ofcourse but the trend is there.

I really feel sorry for the teenagers who emigrate to the states without father figure to emulate...or at least look after them. We've being there and I know I was a rebel and my old folks used to check Animal Waste manholes that run thru Farjano to haul waste from the Meat Factory to Qaryoleey beach for my dead body cuz I used to dissapear with my homies. In these days it was common occurances to lose kids to these open manholes (an unmitigated safety hazards) and sharks that roamed just the west side of Calaleey beach just off Suuqa Xoolaha.

You can imagine what these teenagers will encounter in the real world - in the ghettos of the states. It is brutal. Our future Faraxs will be victims of three unfortunate circumstances: Qaat, Civil War, and American Ghettos where majority of Somali refugees end up when they come to the states.

Faraxs are product of their time awoowe.

Chcek out Dubai sxb. You never know you may like it.

BOB   

My brother Baashi

I am doing great Alxamdulillaah...everything is going great Maasha Allah.

lol@ Zulu ladies...I am afraid I haven't got anything to tell you about them other than they are voluptuous and full figured but then again all the S.A ladies regardless which tribe they belong to are usually voluptuous, however, the S.A ladies that are the most beautiful would be the sisters from the Mother City better known as Cape town.

They are Malaysian mixed with Europeans and Africans and they have some sisters who would simply take your breath away and the best part of it all is that they are crazy about the Somali brothers, too bad I can't go into detail why for obvious reasons...but personally speaking I never thought about betraying Gabdheheena and abandoning them for a non-somali no matter how attractive I may find them because I only know too well that no better looking woman than our Gabdheheena ever sat a foot on this earth and I am forever enticed and seduced by every little thing about them.

My brother I had no intention to lambaste no one but I was overcome by disappointment and I felt I needed to get that out of my chest...I am already considered a dinosaur by the younger generation from Majengo and the funniest part is...they know of my younger brother but don't remember me at all even if we all left home all at the same time and I always end up yelling "Waryaa I'm Ibrahim's older brother".

You know I was first told this story by Abaayo and I thought it was an excuse so she could go back to U.A.E to her hubby and friends but when I spoke to her kids, the same kids who knew no other language than Arabic...I understood why she didn't want them to remain there and grow in the states and there were times when they demanded to know who I was and what I wanted from their Mom..the little buggers even refused to acknowledge me as their uncle just because they've never seen me around like uncle so and so (naming couple of brothers & cousins that live in San Diego with them)...my brother May Allah s.w help you guys all Insha Allah.

The greatest advantage we have here is that there's no Qaat and if you are caught with it..you will do time and I trust you don't need my help to imagine what its like to do time in one of Africa's jails but the buggers found other narcotics and those who use them are well known and they stay away from the Somalis and their restaurants or community hall where we gather to discuss the latest issues that concern us...marka my brother kuwaas waa raggaa waa ween oo wax dhaco oo lacag faraha ka badatay heesto.

My brother..I am an African man through and through and I don't see myself ever leaving this place...maybe I would go to Dubai when all my plans fall into place Insha Allah and I end up retiring but at the moment I am not ready to seek new opportunities as I believe I got more than enough opportunities to make few Shillings right here in the jungle of Africa where I am the King. :cool:

My brother kheyr ayaan kuu rajeynayaa and pass my Salam all the way from Majengo Calanleey to my Dumaashi Insha Allah....by the way check these names out and see how many of them do you recognize...I have a handful of cousins, uncles, aunts and Grandpas and Grandmas in that list...

http://www.horseednet.com/analysis.php?id=338

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.