Sign in to follow this  
MiZz_LeXuS

What would you do?

XayaT   

truth shall set you free sis everyone deserve to be loved.

but he knows what he is getting himself into.

beside i got love for him just for tha reason tha he choice me out of all tha women on earth to be his wife while he didn't even know me..but im not INLOVE with him.

sis honestly how can u not fall inlove with a guy who threatz ya like a queen..who adores u and ya whole family? and i have been falling for lot worser guyz than him..so why can't I fall inlove with him?

every thang need time to develop and I'm very patient so is he!

Coloow   

Hijabified, Men's clock never ticks smile.gif I think a marriage where there is an age gap is the one most likely to work. Marriages thrives on differences in ages, attitudes and thinking.

Xayat, I have this feeling that I am going to attend your wedding! smile.gif Beleive it or not I am going to Toronto to attend a wedding between a 29 year old man and his bride of 21! You impress me with your attitude towards the so called arrange marriages. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Xafsa   

Some people actually think 29 is old?

I'm 21yrs old any man between the ages of 25 and 35 is fair game. BEsides we have to keep in mind that men tend to mature much slower than women :D

Xayaat walaahi you got the whole essence of finding a partner down pat. YOu don't have to be in love with the person when your marrying him....he has to have the potential...he has to have the qualities you look for in a man and if he does its only a matter of time before you fall in love. Thats all my views of coarse... smile.gif

Coloow   

Flying: there is still hope for the likes of me? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

tell that to our sisters who have been seduced by western philosophy on marriage. NIN KU DHALI KARA AYAA KU DHAQI KARA

Xafsa   

Entrepreneur...my rule is don't Discriminate regulate :D

There are lot of sister and brothas that are seduced by western ideals.

But like I said above its all about the potential of a person...nothing in life is Guaranteed .

Adna   

Salaama calaykum

I really feel what you're saying flying still,,, sis maa sha'allah i beleive that age is nothing but number,let us just think for a second all of us, How many ppl have u seen that behaves like a child or childish??,,, walaahi I, my self will be looking for 25-----35,, will be a gentel man i beleive,,,,,, wouldn't that be a fair to our bros.

Back the topick sis maa sha'allah i like the way you respected your mom. maasha'allah cuz i know many gils at your age don't care what familly meant to then,, I'm so happy for you,, sis 29 ain't that old,,,, age is nothing but number,, remeber that all the time ;) , you know what matters is prain or maskaxda,, caqliga,, all that is stuff,, other then that sis go for it and ilaahay tala saaro,,,,,,,,, don't forget to invite me ok,,, cuz i love xalwo,,,,, smile.gif much love to ya'll

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

I think arranged marriages are much more successful than anyother type of marriage whatever that might be. Coming from a big family I had seen 4 of my older sisters marriages arranged, and yes alxamdulilah their marriage is great. I think when parents are arranging your marriage they know what is in their and your best interests are, after have raised you for so long I know they will not be okay with whatever type of guy is interested in you. Anyways that is my opinion, and besides a marriage without parents approval is invalid islamicly.

Changed   

xayaat masha allah i would agree with u on the mom thing ...so did my mom.........

charismatic ausie......well depends on the age cuz if the man is max of 15 years older i would say its an ok age cuz my dad was 15 years older than my mom ;) .......

about arranged marriage it depends like Entrepreneur said if its consulted its aight if not and u are being forced like " far duco and far naar" then its not ok......... parents have the right to consult with us about anything at anytime ........personally i would not say no ...i would ask to meet the guy and get to know him..if i like him i will say yes if not i would say mom i cant and then give her my reasons ..u cant just refuse a person for no reason...well that is my philosophy. :D:D:D

Good one kijana! (boodboode)

waryaa! enterp'r watch it! i am camel boy!

og_gal! that is me! i can carry all of your shopping bags if u can give a lil tlc!lol! after that!

Sounds to me that he just wants to hook you up with this guy...lol..do I ever feel sorry for you!

Girl, stand your ground and state your case to your old man! You will marry someone like Paul Fineass Walker (jokes) ...Tell your dad that you want to pick out your own man and that this is the 21st century and somalis don't practice arranged marriages.

If all else fails, and he brings all sorts of men at you..just turn all of them down. He can't exactly force your marriage, na'mean?

Arranged marriage is the best way to go, we have to uphold our dhaqan/culture in these strange lands. If you want your parents DUCO, please listen to your parents and do what they tell you to.

"sis honestly how can u not fall inlove with a guy who threatz ya like a queen..who adores u and ya whole family? and i have been falling for lot worser guyz than him..so why can't I fall inlove with him?"

Well Xayat there is so many logical arugments why things like those aren't enough but it's not important. I guess all i need to say now is i wish u best of luck and happy marital bless insha allah.

Changed   

OG.......nayaa havent seen ya these days u disappeared eeh.......LOL.......26 is old that is why u dont want it for ur self but 15 is not that old .......she actually older than him before he passed out ;) allah yarxam.but women mature faster than men that is why we need age difference and i said maximum of 15 years .....anything beyond 15 is too old...why am i thinking OG is going to married to a man that is 20 years older than her :confused: :confused: i dont know but its just a gut feeling .nayaa stop hanging around those odayal's icon_razz.gif

love me

Mujahida   

Salam all

To the poster

Sista, You don't need to marry someone that you don't wanna marry. Whether it's arranged or any other. What matters is only what you think is right for you. I mean it's you who's gonna live with the person not your father. You have to have a good gut feeling, and i can tell that your not comfortable with your fathers idea. Why not be upfront with your Dad? Tell him how you feel sista. I know that your father wants the BEST for you. Marriage is a Beautiful thing in islam. It's to enjoyed and not to regret a few years from now. So try to do the thing that pleases you the most without trying to please anybody else! smile.gif

Wishing you all the best.

I hope that i was helpful.

Masalama