Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

I have resigned from my job and gave notice

Som@li   

Good luck DD,I also recently left my job, but I am not still lucky to be my own boss, I left it for another job.

I think everyone should quit a job like that at least once in their lives.

what world ar u in? pple resign all the time,

Abwaan   

Wish you the best Ms Dhuluc...Su'aal yar oo caato ah aan qac ka siiyee, you wanna leave some hint on the shaqodoon section (is there one horta) of this forum for the next SOL who might be willing to fill in the post in the future? lol

king_450   

Well i am not going to say congrat, cz i know you are looking one already if you have not been asked to become a new wify. but if you looking a job and can't find one let's see how can we help you stand your feet again.

LayZieGirl, did you get that job?

No, KK, I didn't get the job, damn americans.

They almost tried to spoil my NYC trip by informing me that they have chosen another candidate two days before I took off for my holidays, but that didn't stop me from having a good ole time.

SHEH, qoraxda aa maskaxda iga gashay today, I had insane headache...

xalimoos resigning left and right! loool.. Yo ladies holla back when u get jobs...meantime, dont even call, cuz u know, u gonna go to vm!

leave a msg, may be we will call yall .....looooool... can u say broke??

NGONGE   

Good for you Ms D&D. Nothing at all wrong with being a housewife you know. If Mr D&D is as affluent and crafty as our Tiger-selling friend here I am sure you will never need to work ever again. I have one small bone to pick with you however smile.gif

Forget all about starting your own business. Self-employment is a serious thing and needs a lot of planning and drive. You may have both but if you don't even have an idea that you're passionate about yet, the chances of that project being a success in the end are very slim.

Ps

There are some threads in SOL that reveal more than was intended or expected. I'm sure a couple of you know what I'm talking about here. I mean there you are, clicking on the different pages of this thread and reading the various humdrum replies when, suddenly, the clouds clear, the sun comes out, the birds sing and the italics disappear! :D

Reminds one of Dr Frankenstein's famous words (in the movie of the same name):

Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE! :D

D&D horta waan kuu soo ducaynayaa .......

Second ,,, good luck with the decision and i hope inaad wax ka fiican heli doonto.

I would say start your own business even if it is a small restaurant ,,, but slavery is over.

I just love it when I hear us the young grabbing life by the b@lls and taking things into our own hands. It is really beautiful and enriching when you get that buzz. Entrepreneurship is, bros and sis's, the way forward.

Good on you, poster.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Reminds one of Dr Frankenstein's famous words (in the movie of the same name)

You just had to tell us that the movie had the same name didnt ya? :D

Chimera   

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

lol Lily and Shar ma arke

Keep those ideas coming
smile.gif
Who knows, one of these days Dhulqarneyn here could post my achievements here on SOL.

:D

Wish you the best sis!

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

quote:Originally posted by Shyma:

[qb]
Faarax You're such a Fulay
:D
, maxaa ka cabsanaysaa yakhee
icon_razz.gif

I love my jobs & i have no plans to change them. Matter of fact, I have been doing the same thing since 2003!(right after school) LOL.

I am such a loyal person sideedaba horta, and am quite consistent. I havent changed my cellphone carrier,i havent changed my Insurance company,credit card companies & most other things. I am not a change person i guess. Perhaps,what you call fulaynimo,is SOLIDnimo LOL.
:DFaarax

You are shackled my friend from xundhurta :D I dont call solidnimo this. People of risk averse lead an average life (as my professor used to say).

Ms DD   

Originally posted by hodman:

congrats DD May Allah give you better prospects...

Did you really lose a few pounds over the last few days? Talk about being bogged down by your job! lol

Thanks Hodman. I did lose few pounds, mainly because eating has become such a chore. The sambuusi i used to adore, dont taste the same anymore.

LayZieGirl

Most employers arent loyal to their employees, so I always wonder why some of us are loyal to them. The consultance firm I work for, they dont shy away from suggesting (sometimes) to companies to let go of staff if they want to improve their profitability. It is a dog-eat-dog world out there.

chubacka

Ms D&D it must of been hard leaving, 7 long years! Glad you finally had the courage alhamdulliah an now you can do anything you want inshallah.

Going on hajj seems the most perfect start to your new life

It wasnt really hard. I was just waiting for the right time and it never really came. So i threw caution to the wind and said 'it is now or never'. I dont have any dependents so it was an easy choice for me.

Keyf, KoolKat, Zenobia, sheh Cheers girls. May Allah accept your duas for me.

DD, it must feel wonderful to cut those ties. It's just too bad you have to work through ramadan. You should have quit a month ago!

I would love to take some time off but I have enough financial commitments to see me through the next few years.

Val

I should have done it earlier, but the company is moving to another building and they asked me to stay on. But it would have been ideal if i had Ramadhan off. With regards to your financial commitments, it is never good time to up and leave any job. You just have to sacrifice and prioritise.

Wish you the best Ms Dhuluc...Su'aal yar oo caato ah aan qac ka siiyee, you wanna leave some hint on the shaqodoon section (is there one horta) of this forum for the next SOL who might be willing to fill in the post in the future? lol

Abwaan

Cheers . Good idea. I will let you guys know when they start advertising for this position.

[qoute] Well i am not going to say congrat, cz i know you are looking one already if you have not been asked to become a new wify. but if you looking a job and can't find one let's see how can we help you stand your feet again

king

erm..no. I am not looking for one already and I am a wife already. But thanks for the offer. I will keep it in mind smile.gif

Yo ladies holla back when u get jobs...meantime, dont even call, cuz u know, u gonna go to vm!

Rudy

I am thinking of becoming a therapist. I think my fellow somalis would truly benefit..starting from ..erm ..you. Totally unhealthy relationship with women you have. So i will definately call you...only to help. You understand :D

Good for you Ms D&D. Nothing at all wrong with being a housewife you know.

Forget all about starting your own business... but if you don't even have an idea that you're passionate about yet, the chances of that project being a success in the end are very slim.

Ngonge

I am relishing the prospect of becoming full-time housewife. More time for uunsi and catar and dirac and dahab and shopping etc. I have a feeling I will have my hands full :D However i fear this may become a tad boring therefore setting up a business is a must. Making someone else rich isnt an option. Of course an idea has a habit of presenting itself when it is the right time.

Abdillah, SheekhaJ, Dabshid, Dhulqarneyn

Cheers for your wellwishes.